Wedding Woes
Options

Prudie Thursday

2»

Re: Prudie Thursday

• Options
    I'm exhausted! I spent three plus hours cleaning my FIL's kitchen today. It still isn't done. I scrubbed the outside of the dishwasher, refrigerator and cabinets where his wheelchair had made scuff marks. Cleaned the disgusting microwave and refrigerator, wiped down counters and made a pile of stuff to throw out. This kitchen is really small -only one person can really fit in it. I'm super salty about my SIL not doing anything since my H left a month ago. He spent the better part of week there going through paper work and shredding stuff. She hadn't even taken the trash to the curb that he generated that trip. He wasn't there on trash day or he would have done it. I know she had trouble dealing with her mother's death 7 years ago and FIL's situation has made it even worse but good grief! I asked her about throwing away some tupperware (2 containers) and she said she hadn't decided yet. She is the executor of FIL's trust and has final say on everything. The townhouse needs to be sold no later than the end of this year to pay for FIL's  care. I don't see this happening unless something changes. H is the oldest of 5 kids. He is the only one doing anything now. SIL has been FIL's major care giver up until this past Thanksgiving so I cut her some slack but still. I don't think the refrigerator had been cleaned since MIL died. OK rant over thanks for letting me vent.
    I'm so sorry @ILoveBeachMusic.  I've seen this situation with a few families and it's so hard.
  • Options
    I'm exhausted! I spent three plus hours cleaning my FIL's kitchen today. It still isn't done. I scrubbed the outside of the dishwasher, refrigerator and cabinets where his wheelchair had made scuff marks. Cleaned the disgusting microwave and refrigerator, wiped down counters and made a pile of stuff to throw out. This kitchen is really small -only one person can really fit in it. I'm super salty about my SIL not doing anything since my H left a month ago. He spent the better part of week there going through paper work and shredding stuff. She hadn't even taken the trash to the curb that he generated that trip. He wasn't there on trash day or he would have done it. I know she had trouble dealing with her mother's death 7 years ago and FIL's situation has made it even worse but good grief! I asked her about throwing away some tupperware (2 containers) and she said she hadn't decided yet. She is the executor of FIL's trust and has final say on everything. The townhouse needs to be sold no later than the end of this year to pay for FIL's  care. I don't see this happening unless something changes. H is the oldest of 5 kids. He is the only one doing anything now. SIL has been FIL's major care giver up until this past Thanksgiving so I cut her some slack but still. I don't think the refrigerator had been cleaned since MIL died. OK rant over thanks for letting me vent.
    Oh shit. This is hard :( 

*hugs*
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ugh, that’s really hard @ILoveBeachMusic, I’m sorry.  My parents went through something similar a few years ago, my dad was the only one of his siblings really handling my grandmother’s home/affairs etc, he (and my mom) ended up doing so much. I’m sorry that you and your H are going through this. 
  • Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic sorry to hear about the FIL/family issues. This stuff is so hard to deal with. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Friday I went back but wasn't able to do anything because SIL didn't come over to approve things to donate or throw away. I've decided I'm stepping back and just letting them handle it, unless of course H asks me to do something. He is frustrated with her too. On the bright side, DD and family arrived and the GSs met their great grandfather. It took them a while to warm up but they did. We are going back this morning so they can see him again. Hoping the weather holds so that they can be outside in the garden area of the LTC facility. Yesterday was glorious. FIL just watch them run around. He is very hard of hearing so they don't communicate with him but we could tell he was happy to see them.
  • Options
    Go math girls!