Options

Wednesday crickets?

2»

Re: Wednesday crickets?

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

@mrsconn23 good luck to your H with his interview. Wow that is a bombshell from the kiddo. I hope all works out well. Kiddo is around 20 right? - hard to keep up with ages. My oldest godson was in a similar situation at 21. His son is now almost 16. It has been a process. Because of a variety of reasons GS had custody of him most of his life. Good luck with all that.

He turned 23 last month and he has a decent job, so he has a lot going for him.  But they're still emotionally immature and a bit of a mess.  They're going to need a lot of support/guidance, but there's not much that can prepare you for the slap in the face that having a baby is.  I was 29 and got intentionally pregnant and was in my kitchen crying at my husband 2 weeks pp that I'd screwed up DefConn already so we had to have another in order to do it 'right' the next time.  So...yeah.   *sigh* 
    It's a shocker when they're young!

@mrsconn23 my late cousin's son is expecting his 1st any day now.  He is also about the same age as the kiddo (I think a year older) and I think he may have a more level head on his shoulders than his dad, it's still SO MUCH to parent a newborn when you don't exactly have a great foundation under you and unless you lived a life surrounded by babies, you're clueless as a first time parent. 
    Exactly.  And my concern is more about her than him since her family is not stable at all.  But then it sends me down the rabbit hole of, "We're still raising a 12 year old and have FT jobs.  We also really like sleep and money."  

This is why DH wants this promotion so bad.   If the baby is here (with at least one of its parents), we can't do much about sleep...but it will help the money issue. 
    In case any one has forgotten the lack of sleep is oh so real! 

And I’m 38 and this was very much intentional. And it’s still hard. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    Oh @charlotte989875 I hope there's some care for M so you can get the bonding time with J and some naps.  Congratulations to you new mama part deux!  That newborn phase is new and exhausting. 
    M is back at daycare so we can rest and bond with M. A fair amount of mom guilt about that but the routine is good for him and he’s got a lot more to do there!  
    You should have no mom guilt about that! DD had her nanny come for the twins on the normal days (she works 2days/week) within a week of the youngest arriving. It kept them on their schedule and gave her time with the baby. The twins are almost 3 years older than their brother so not too far off from yours. They loved seeing their friends in their nanny share situation.
    Thank you so much for this. It’s hard not to think since we’re gone he should be too. But I just got pictures from daycare and he’s already had gym time and painting time, both of which are more fun than tagging along to a doctor appointment and playing with the same toys he’s had for weeks.