Wedding Woes
Options

Friday Eve

Longest week ever I just had to put Friday in the title lol. How’s everyone?

Re: Friday Eve

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Pretty ssdd here. I’m having world’s hungriest day, this morning I did a Pilates workout I’ve done in the past…ate a normal dinner last night…so not sure why.  My neck is a lot better following the aggressive student incident on Tuesday at least. 
  • Options
    Back to work has been a little rocky. H went to softball last night and bedtime was a disaster. M screamed, J screamed, it was rough. At least I’m WFH today and about to take a run on lunch. I’m taking Fridays off so just have to get through a few more hours. 
  • Options
    Seriously the longest week @ei34!
    SSDD here too.  I have a fashion show to go to tonight but of course it’s not really appealing to me as the time approaches. I’d rather veg at home since I have a big weekend coming up - but I also want to socialize because this is a new meet up group and I want to get involved with the group more.
    Netflix released an Ashley Madison documentary a few days ago so I started it yesterday.  I think hulu did one 2 years ago about the rise and fall of the actual company (although the breech did not really make them fall.  They’re still doing fine). Netflix’s is a bit about the company but more about some cheaters, victims, couples etc. Still very triggering because it’s how I found out about exH, but of course I’m gonna watch it because it was part of my life too.
    i love how they interviewed a former sales marketing director and asked him “how would you feel if you found out your husband was using this site?”
    <pause> “well that would be alarming to me because we have been in a strong marriage for 23 years now”.….. said the majority of the spouses of your clientele dude. It can never happen to you. Until it happens to you. 

• Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    *Hugs* @charlotte989875 You're doing great. It's a new normal and that's hard. 

I was at work foreverrrr last night because I realized I had annual trainings to complete. It's my personal feeling that anything that is required to maintain your employment as set out in policies should have protected time attached, but not my job. You just have to figure out time to do 9000 trainings for state compliance on your own schedule which is impossibly packed. I ended up staying until almost 8 last night finishing them so they're done. 

Otherwise I'm kind of tired today, but I got to work in decent time which is a win. I'm glad tomorrow is Friday. 

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Hugs @charlotte989875.  Back to work is HARD and bedtime can be SO hard.  Chiquito was a massive nurser at the bedtime hours so I felt like bedtime when I ran solo was attempting to nurse him or make him stop screaming while I tried to read Chiquita a book.  DH really wanted to get back to his Wednesday trivia nights and it was actually a big bone of contention in the marriage that it wasn't that I didn't want him to enjoy himself but how overwhelmed I felt.  We're past it now but it was not a space I want to go back to.   That doesn't mean I'm trying to make you feel bad but know you're not alone.  There were times that I told myself that a crying child is breathing so if he flexed the golden pipes I was able to know he was still next to me.  
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    *hugs* @charlotte989875, just think of your day off tomorrow! 
    @mrsconn23 vacation is my love language too.  In fact, can we make that an official 6th one?

also, PSA.  My skin has changed so much in the last year.  I’ve tried so many foundations and the liquid ones look awful on me. I’ve been OK with powder formats.
    well, my friend told me about Jones Road WTF - what the foundation (former Bobbi Brown) which is a balm foundation and it’s amazing! It has some gritty texture and the majority of it disintegrates when you warm it up in your hands, which takes some getting used to but this morning I tossed all my liquid foundations.  Never again! 
    I think a big bunch of the criticism around Jones Road was the fact that you had a bunch of 20 year old influencers trying it. They tried to apply it on like a thick full coverage foundation, which it is certainly not, and they also didn't have the skin it was intended to be used with. I've wanted to try it but I have like 5 other foundations to use first. I'm struggling to use up my IT Cosmetics right now, and something has definitely changed with my skin in the last year because it went from looking decent to not meshing well at all. I do think some of it might be whatever skin prep I'm using but I'm too lazy to change that so right now I'm just dealing with enlarged pores and separated makeup at the end of the day. 

I do like Haus Labs though. I'll probably end up re-purchasing that. 

• Options
    @mrsconn23, the suite tickets sound so fun for the Indy 500!  Horses instead of cars, but I'm looking forward to the Kentucky Derby next year.  I've never gone, but have always wanted to and Cincinnati is only about 90 minutes away.

Well heck!  I just looked it up and Indianapolis is less than two hours from Cincy.  I'll need to make a plan to catch the Indy 500 sometime also!  Another funny story on that.  I kept hearing Cincinnati called the "tri-state area".  I knew it's on the border of Kentucky, but was so confused because, "What's the third state?"  I finally looked on a map.  I didn't realize it is so far on the western border of OH that it's only 30 minutes from the Indiana state line.  Though it gets sparsely populated quickly.

While I was thinking about it, I just booked a motel (24 hour cancellation) for the KY Derby next year.  I signed up at another site to be notified when KY Derby tickets go on sale.  That website also enters you into a drawing to buy tickets during the pre-sale.

Just for fun, I looked at a Derby package that included tickets, some events, and a 2-night stay at Louisville's famous Brown Hotel.  $16K for two people.  Yikes!

83% of hotels are already sold out for Derby weekend on Booking.com.  Perhaps I should look for hotels now, for the Indy 500 in 2026, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsconn23, the suite tickets sound so fun for the Indy 500!  Horses instead of cars, but I'm looking forward to the Kentucky Derby next year.  I've never gone, but have always wanted to and Cincinnati is only about 90 minutes away.

Well heck!  I just looked it up and Indianapolis is less than two hours from Cincy.  I'll need to make a plan to catch the Indy 500 sometime also!  Another funny story on that.  I kept hearing Cincinnati called the "tri-state area".  I knew it's on the border of Kentucky, but was so confused because, "What's the third state?"  I finally looked on a map.  I didn't realize it is so far on the western border of OH that it's only 30 minutes from the Indiana state line.  Though it gets sparsely populated quickly.

While I was thinking about it, I just booked a motel (24 hour cancellation) for the KY Derby next year.  I signed up at another site to be notified when KY Derby tickets go on sale.  That website also enters you into a drawing to buy tickets during the pre-sale.

Just for fun, I looked at a Derby package that included tickets, some events, and a 2-night stay at Louisville's famous Brown Hotel.  $16K for two people.  Yikes!

83% of hotels are already sold out for Derby weekend on Booking.com.  Perhaps I should look for hotels now, for the Indy 500 in 2026, lol.
    Yeah the Cincy airport is actually in Kentucky and the Indiana border keeps popping in and out in that area.

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited May 16
    100% @levioosa.  Her line is for mature skin/older people because she grew into that demographic too. And the pores/separation is what I was dealing with as well.  Now MAYBE that was because it was winter and we’re going into spring - but I think I can’t go back to liquid’s regardless!
    Cute story.  I was putting on make up in front on my nephews as the bathroom was occupied - and my oldest was watching me and goes “you sure do like fashion”.
    Make up.  I like make up.  My fashion sense is less than to be desired. 
    When I was done I was like “well, done. Do I look pretty now?”
    ”you don’t look much different”
    ”well thank you! It’s not supposed to make you look too too different”
    ”then why do you wear it?”

STOP ASKING QUESTIONS THAT MAKE SENSE! Marketing, kid.  Marketing tells me to buy makeup.  

The derby sounds fun @“short+sassy".  I do love Louisville but it would be much like New Orleans and Mardi Gras.  I’ll stay away during the jam packed festivals and go off season :). Gotta go once though!

• Options
    I've been to the Indy 500  twice when we first moved here 40 years ago. That was plenty for me, but H goes every year (with a few exceptions) with his BF from college and his wife. I've never been to the Derby and have no desire to go. I went to an awesome party this year - that is about my speed- get dressed up, have great food and drinks, be with my friends and avoid the crowds!
  • Options
    I've also enjoyed the Jones Road bronzer stuff.  I will say at this rate though I think I'll have that tub until I'm 60.  A little goes a LONG way. 
  • Options
    @CharmedPam, I definitely think the Kentucky Derby would be a one-time only thing, just to experience it.  I like horse racing.  But live walking distance to the New Orleans Fairgrounds and have only gone a handful of times, lol.

I could also see doing a horse racing weekend (not the Kentucky Derby) in Louisville once in awhile, because it is a nice city to visit.  Maybe even stay at a nicer hotel like the Brown when it's "only" $300/night instead of thousands, lol.

My H and I briefly thought about moving to Louisville instead of Cincy.  However, pretty quickly ruled it out.  Cincy is a good bit bigger, which we prefer.  But mainly because the job market is so much better.  Louisville had slim pickings and low pay.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment

It's just qualifications this weekend, but nevertheless will be super fun.  But we're not connected enough for suite tickets to the actual race. Maybe one day, LOL. 
  • Options
    @CharmedPam, I definitely think the Kentucky Derby would be a one-time only thing, just to experience it.  I like horse racing.  But live walking distance to the New Orleans Fairgrounds and have only gone a handful of times, lol.

I could also see doing a horse racing weekend (not the Kentucky Derby) in Louisville once in awhile, because it is a nice city to visit.  Maybe even stay at a nicer hotel like the Brown when it's "only" $300/night instead of thousands, lol.

My H and I briefly thought about moving to Louisville instead of Cincy.  However, pretty quickly ruled it out.  Cincy is a good bit bigger, which we prefer.  But mainly because the job market is so much better.  Louisville had slim pickings and low pay.  
    I also never went to Churchill Downs for a race (but ate at their steakhouse) however about 90 minutes away in Keeneland the race track was a ton of fun! 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 16
    We did our anniversary in Louisville a couple years ago and Lexington last year.  They are both super fun and unique cities.  We could switch off staying in each every other year. 

I could *definitely* retire in the Lexington area.  We talked about it when we were down there.  It's on the long-term list of 'future things that might happen'.  LOL 
  • Options
    banana468 said:

I also never went to Churchill Downs for a race (but ate at their steakhouse) however about 90 minutes away in Keeneland the race track was a ton of fun!

SITB The daughter of a friend of mine is working a Keeneland while getting her masters in communications from UK. She also did an internship there while an undergrad. My friend loves going there for races. It isn't a bad drive from Indy.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

It's just qualifications this weekend, but nevertheless will be super fun.  But we're not connected enough for suite tickets to the actual race. Maybe one day, LOL. 
    I did understand that.  It still sounds awesome!  I'd think people need to practically be celebrity status for suites to the main race.

The only car race I've been to is the Long Beach Grand Prix.  One of the food booths was a fundraiser for my high school band.  We could go for free if we were working so I saw a lot of the "extra" stuff, like qualifiers and novelty races.  I liked all of it. 

A couple years after I graduated, the company my dad was working for was sponsoring one of the novelty races (electric cars).  This was 30 years ago, so electric cars were rare and special orders.  He was able to get cheap tickets that year, so I went again and didn't have to work there, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    Hugs @charlotte989875.  Back to work is HARD and bedtime can be SO hard.  Chiquito was a massive nurser at the bedtime hours so I felt like bedtime when I ran solo was attempting to nurse him or make him stop screaming while I tried to read Chiquita a book.  DH really wanted to get back to his Wednesday trivia nights and it was actually a big bone of contention in the marriage that it wasn't that I didn't want him to enjoy himself but how overwhelmed I felt.  We're past it now but it was not a space I want to go back to.   That doesn't mean I'm trying to make you feel bad but know you're not alone.  There were times that I told myself that a crying child is breathing so if he flexed the golden pipes I was able to know he was still next to me.  
    This is exactly where we are. I want him to have a break and enjoy himself. And last night both kids were screaming when I tried to sign M his goodnight song and he tearfully said “can you put baby J down and run my back”. Cue all the mom tears.