Texas-Houston
Options

Wild Creatures - kind of long

We have heard a thumping noise on our outdoor patio wall for about 2 weeks now.  We are in a townhouse, so it's the wall ouside that has our neighbors backyard on the other side of it.  Well, after a lot of looking at the roof and hearing the noises and feeling the tapping we called the pest control guy to come and cut out what we were sure was going to be a family of squirrels or rats.After he heard the sound and felt the tapping too he cut 3 big holes in the wall to find .... nothing.  Until the tapping started again and we realized whatever it was was trapped on the other side of the fire wall!  So, it had to be on the neighbors side.  So, we knock on the door, tell them what's up, go next door to find ...... a freaking wooden "Gone Golfing" sign hanging on their wall next to the air conditioning unit.  When the unit turned on, the air blew the sign causing it to rattle and bump against the wall.We were convinced we had something living in the wall.  So not only did we pay the guy for coming out and cutting our wall - but now we have to patch the 3 big holes in our wall.  All of which could have been avoided by talking to the neighbors in the 1st place.fml.
Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
Collin Thayne 10.11.2010

Re: Wild Creatures - kind of long

• Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Well at least it wasn't animal. That was would have been scary seeing a squirrel flying out. Sorry about the 3 holes. Hopefully the neighbors will bring down the sign. I wonder if they even hear the thumping noise.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah we actually got a big kick out of it ... eventually. haha.  She took the sign down and was SO apologetic, they had heard the noise but didn't know what it was either - they figured it was something on our side.  I am just really glad it wasn't an animal - we felt really dumb though when we found out it was a sign!
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Options
    shelly0921shelly0921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks! Sorry Ayers... but your sig is beautiful!
  • Options
    Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    oh my gosh that sucks! This would so happen to me, but at least there wasn't an animal
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ayers - Love your siggy!
  • Options
    ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH duct taped a cereal box over the holes until we can get them patched. haha.  We are officially white trash.Thanks about the sig! :-)
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Options
    hoopsgirlhoopsgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    love the new pic!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i love the new siggy too! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board