Texas-Houston
Options

Pro Wedding Pics in BIO & advice in POST

Scroll all the way to the bottom of my bio to see the pics.  I have vendor reviews posted also.  I had SO MANY things going wrong the week of the wedding, dress rehersal, and the day of the wedding.  The weekend I got married was when we had Tropical Storm Erin.  My fiance lived in Chicago so I did almost all the planing myself and was so relieved to have him be in Houston that week because I was so behind.  We actually got stranded outside my house the Thurs before the wedding while we were running errands for about 5 hours! Then the gms and guests that were coming into town from Chicago were calling for rides because they weren't able to rent any cars due to Erin.  I was in SO MUCH STRESS on Friday that I almost broke down right before the dress rehearsal. The day of the wedding wasn't much better.  We were all running late while my vendors arrived on time, which seriously sucked.  I was in such a rush that morning that I forgot to wear my jewelry and my Vera Wang perfume that I bought just to wear the day of the wedding.  Then the ceremony lasted 35 mins past the alloted time (thanks to my wonderful minister) and we ended up having to throw out a lot of pics we wanted to take and ended up paying double to the limo driver for making him wait.  My head ushers didn't really do their job so we had a lot of confused guests walking around.  The mic system at the reception hall were wack and no one could really hear what was going on--this by the way was one of my biggest pet peeves and we even went to the reception hall the thurs before the wedding to make sure everything sounded ok.My advice to all you ladies is this: 1) DELEGATE! I've been in weddings were I had to do so much for the bride that it was rediculous so on my wedding, I was going out of my way to make sure my maids didn't have much to do.  Bad idea--just assign duties for them to take care of the morning of the wedding.  Even delegate the simplest tasks such as reminding you to wear your jewelry.2) Have responsible people as your ushers.  We didn't have much of a choice in selecting our head ushers and as a result, placed so much extra stress on my wedding coordinator.  We had guests ask our relatives where they should be seated, etc.  3) Make extra copies of all your lists, phone numbers, etc and leave it at the church the night before (at the dress rehearsal).  Let one of your maids know where the papers are.  I forgot my backup lists at my house and my head ushers did too.  4) Not everything will go perfect.  I remember reading this in so many knotties posts, but didn't think I was going to have any problem.  I was so organized and have been planning for 1.5 years.  Yeah-I was really wrong.  Hope my advice will help ya'll out.  Good luck with all your planning ladies!

Re: Pro Wedding Pics in BIO & advice in POST

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Your pics are great and the sarees are gorgeous. I noticed you both are Indian but also Christian, or at least got married in a Christian church. I was wondering how you addressed the Indian cultural piece in your wedding. My fiance is Hindu and I am Christian. I'm curious about an appropriate way to address his cultural side but also stay true to my Christian beliefs without conducting two separate ceremonies and also making his family feel comfortable with everything. Any advice/ insight you can provide in your wedding planning process would be greatly appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards