Texas-Houston
Options

WHERE are you taking your Bridal Portraits?!

My photographer asked me today where I wanted to take mine.  I'm at a loss! I always planned on taking them, but never thought of where.

So...
Where are you taking your pictures?!

Re: WHERE are you taking your Bridal Portraits?!

• Options
    I'm thinking about tranquility park in downtown

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Options
    We took ours at Kemah Boardwalk, the pier at sunset pics looked awesome !
    TTC Jan 2011, me: 30, DH 32. Unexplained IF. Aug 2012- Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 08/21, IUI 08/22= BFN. Feb 2013: Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 02/20, IUI 02/21= BFN.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    In Response to WHERE are you taking your Bridal Portraits?!:  Luckily I alread did the research. Im really organized. I had pics but I dont think they show up. If you need deco or favors, I have a website.  www.packagedperfectly.com
    [

Places for Photos near Sugarland and Houston w pics J

1.        Bridge on Main Street – Sugarland

Main Street; between Sugarland Street and 1st Street

2.       Oyster Creek Park

4033 Hwy 6 South, Sugarland  (by Settlers Way Blvd)

:bridge, rocks, water, hills

3.       Sugarland Memorial Park

15300 University Blvd, Sugarland

:windmill, water

4.      Mercer Aboretum and Botanical Gardens

22306 Aldine Westfield, Humble

Arboretum is on west side of street; botanical gardens on east side

Open 8 am to 5 pm

:Arboretum has trees, grassy areas, wooden deck, bridge, cypress bog

:Botanical Gardens have gazebo or floating deck, benches, stone archway, water curtain

5.       Terry Hershy Park

15200 Memorial Park Drive 77079

Open 7am to 10 pm

:bridge, gazebo, river

6.      Sam Houston Park – has everything in one location apparently

1000 Bagby Street 77002

:old houses, shaded pond, bridge, church, hill, gazebo, flowers

7.       Sesquincentennial Park

400 Texas Avenue

Opened 24 hours

:waterfall, arches, walls

8.      Tranquility Park

400/500 Rusk Avenue 77002

:water sculptures, walls

9.      Front of Library in Downtown ?

500 McKinney 77002

10.    City Hall Reflecting Pool – Also has Farmer’s Markets on Wed 10-2 Jan18-Mar 7

901 Bagby Houston

11.     Hobby Arts Center

800 Bagby St 77002

:sculptures, pretty at night

12.    Armand Bayou Nature Center

8500 Bay Area Blvd, Pasadena

:I’ve been here, hiking trails, lake with benches, pier, some rabbits,deer, alligator and bison

13.    Gerald D Hines Waterwall – park in Galleria garage, walk across street

2862 Post Oak Blvd 77056

14.    Houston Arboretum and Nature Center –Love these pictures!

4501 Woodway Drive

:155 acre nature center

15.    Rice University

6100 Main Street 77005

• Options
    I had a really hard time with th is as well. My photographer insisted I find a location with an indoor backup in case of inclement weatcher. My bridals are going to be taken in early December which she said is her busy season so she would not be able to reschedule. That was really frusturating because anyplace with an indoor option you basically have to pay for.

I called several hotels downtown who do not even allow birdals anymore. (I think I called Hotel Icon & ZaZa). Magnolia will, I believe there fee is $200 to $250.

My photographer suggested The Corinthian. I called and they charge $500 for bridal portraits. Yikes!

Las Velas looks like a really pretty venue, they charge $150 an hour with a 2 hour minimum.

I ended up scheduling at Briscoe Manor. They have some really pretty scenery outdoors, so hopefully we'll get some outdoor shots. But they also have lots of pretty spots indoors. They charge $175 for 3 hours. 

I also was considering Hotel Galvez in Galveston, they only charge $100 for 4 hours! But my photographer couldn't drive that far away during her busy season.

Hope that helps anyone who may also need an indoor option!
  • Options
    I took mine at Mercer arboretum in spring. It was a beautiful place! There's a pond in the back with a little bridge and island that is really nice for pictures as well. Good luck!
    Tim & Nikki September 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I took mine in Old Town Spring. There are so many colors and antique buildings there and railroad tracks which always makes for great photos.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    what kind of look are you going for? that would help narrow some locations down :)
    xoxo, Jennifer
  • Options
    Nature trails in Memorial park or bayou bend gardens
  • Options
    I;m considering Hotel Sorella or Hotel Zaza , both are beautiful. I know HS charge $500 to do bridals their and plus you get the room and a bunch of extras.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    123: Invitedimage
    TBA: Attendingimage
    TBA: Declinedimage
    TBA: Not Repliedimage
    RSVP August 10, 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards