Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Where to have our wedding?!?!

My finance and I are both from St.Louis. Over the last two years we have lived in both Virginia and Connecticut. We love to travel and really just have fun. We wanted this to reflect in our wedding, but are not sure what to do. I am in need of suggestions, please!
We were thinking of possibly a beach weddng in Destin, Florida wth an outdoor reception, or a courtyard wedding and reception in the French Quarter in New Orleans. Has anyone done either of these, or is anyone planning a wedding like this, or does anyone simply have a suggestion as to one of these, or even any other venue???
Thank you so much in advance! Smile

Re: Where to have our wedding?!?!

• Options
    I don't really like the idea of destination weddings just to have it in a different location. I can understand destination weddings if you like the destination or want a smaller wedding, and I may be misunderstanding you on this, but I would be really  bothered as  a guest if you had a destination wedding for the purpose of making all the guests travel.

Personally I would have it St. Louis because knowing my friends and family, so many of them would be unable to come to a destination wedding, but only you know what you guests might be able to do.I love travelling too, but why not just travel on your honeymoon?You can definitely add travel touches to your reception like a lugage groom's cake, or table names or postcard STDs, or whatever, if you're looking to bring in personal touches.
  • Options
    I'm with sister2groom.  Read what she said, only use my voice, please.  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I guess I didn't really make myself very clear in my original post! Part of the reason we wanted to have the wedding somewhere other than St. Louis is because we wanted to keep the wedding on the smaller side, only our really close friends and family. We have aleady discused this with them and asked who would be able to/want to attend. They are all on board and actually excited about being able to take a "mini vacation" and bugging us about where and when it will be! I was just wondering if anyone had had their wedding, or will be having their wedding a either of those places and had suggestions.
    I do appreciate all the feedback though! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards