Rhode Island
Options

Newport Hair and Make Up for October 2011 Wedding??

Hi guys:

I don't live in Newport but I'm getting married there in October.  I am looking for a good hair and makeup stylist to do make up for myself and my mother and future MIL.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'm concerned I've cut it a bit too close...

I got in touch with Frank and Antonio but they're booked.  Wedding Tresses seems extremely over priced and New Leaf is a bit too far (and can't travel). 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Sarah

Re: Newport Hair and Make Up for October 2011 Wedding??

• Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you prefer someone to come to you than I highly recommend Sara Faella and her glam squad. I hired Sara for my wedding and I could not have been more happy with her work. She even created a custom hair piece for me.  Sara also offers air brush make up services too. You can read the reviews from other brides on weddingwire.com. I also have my trial picture and pictures from my e-session (she did my hair and make up too) on the blog.

www.sarafaella.com

www.facebook.com/sarafaella 

• Options
    jmorta04jmorta04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Lynda Williams (Formal Hair Design) and Jennifer Hodge (Spectrum Makeup Artistry) if you want on-site hair and makeup.  Both women are wonderful to work with!
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! I heard back from Sara and she's booked but her glam squad is available. Would you recommend working with them without her?
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest a trial. Sara is very particular about who she has on her glam squad. She did have a wonderful assistant on hand the day of my wedding but I forget the woman's name, she was older because my mom has issues with younger stylists hehe. 

• Options
    BrambleBerryBrambleBerry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    when's your wedding date? I'm getting married in October and using Sara
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    October 1st - you?
  • Options
    BrambleBerryBrambleBerry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    Emma428Emma428 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in 2 weeks at The Hyatt. I am using them for my make up and some of my girls are doing there hair there. If you are willing to go to them, I highly recommend, They have a full spa and can accomodate everyone. And it is def not to late. We only booked a bit ago and it is peek time : ) Good luck!
  • Options
    DiorAddictDiorAddict member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarah Rebello - Hair Stylist
    Jan Simone- Makeup Artist
    Both travel
    Very experienced, beautiful work!
  • Options
    lindquistx33lindquistx33 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Christine hale with the Look image group does hair for 75$ and air brush makeup for $75 so you can get both your hair and makeup done with her for $150, and she is AMAZING and she comes to wherever you and your bridesmaids are getting ready for the wedding. It really is an amazing deal, because most companies charge $225 alone for the airbrush makeup.

Give her a call 508-243-6564
    She books up fast so I would call her when you can because you dont want to miss out!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Lynda Williams and Jennifer Hodge; both are extremely experienced and I was very happy with my trial. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards