Rhode Island

Middletown/Newport Rehearsal Dinner Suggestions

Looking for rehearsal dinner suggestions for a 30-35 person rehearsal dinner for early September.  Was interested in the Mooring or Bowens 22 - but minimum of 5,000 was a bit over our price range.  Would love ocean front...but open to options.  Wedding is at ABC - so don't want the rehearsal there too....Thanks!

Re: Middletown/Newport Rehearsal Dinner Suggestions

• kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about The Pier, H20 or West Deck....they are on the water.
  • Emma428Emma428 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married in Newport a couple weeks ago and my rehearsal was at Sardellas. We wanted something different from our wedding venue which was also waterfront and amazing. We thought italian was a perfect fit. It was inexpensive and great. They were also super accommodating. We had about 32 people. I highly reccomend you checking them out. Good luck :)
  • edited December 2011
    Fluke in Newport. Nice view of the harbor & downtown.
  • edited December 2011

I am going to have my rehearsal dinner at Red Parrot. They let you have a whole floor so its your own private space. I'd check that out...

• edited December 2011
    We didn't have a formal rehearsal dinner since we didn't have a wedding party and we invited all guests to a cocktails and apps party the night before our wedding, but we had a dinner with immediate family only at the Mooring two nights before our wedding.  When I first enquired they told us there was going to be a minimum that would apply.  The minimum was too high for the amount of people we had.  I politely explained that that would not work, that we love their restaurant, etc. and they removed the requirement for the minimum. 

I would give that a try b/c $5,000 for 30-35 people at the Mooring is ridiculous.  It is not a very expensive restaurant and there is no way you could/should have to spend almost $150 pp there!
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended a RH at Salvation Cafe last year, the food was delicious and atmosphere was great! I think prices are much more reasonable than the Mooring

• edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone! 

I will definitely try to work around lowering the minimum at mooring.

Where is H20 and west deck and Fluke?

What dining room did you use at Sardella's? I am also considering that place.
  • edited December 2011
    How about the Red Parrot? They have a room upstairs, huge menu and are reasonably priced.
  • dribblejackdribblejack member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "At the Deck" is on the water
    "White Horse Tavern" isn't on the water, but it's decent budget-wise when you do a pre-fixe.  That's where we're having ours.
  • edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner in June at the Safari Room at the Oceancliff Hotel in Newport and we loved it. The guests didnt stop raving about the food, view and atmosphere all night. After we ate we all hung out at the bar at the restaurant. Plus you dont have to pay for parking. You can do a preset menu with app, dinner and dessert or just allow your guests to order off the menu, which is what we did since we didnt want it to be to formal. Contact Allison at Oceancliff, she was great with helping us plan.
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldnt recommend H20, we had our wedding after party there and myself and some of our guests got food poisoning :(
  • Emma428Emma428 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I used the outdoor terrace room and loved it!!!! They wil work with you there and we actually had our choice of that room or the Tuscan room up till only a few days prior to the rehearsal. I choose The terrace because it is private and romantic. On my rehearsal nite it was super humid so I was nervous but they had it under control and although it is semi outdoors it was cold!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards