Rhode Island

The Towers Narragansett

Can anyone let me know how on earth they were able to get the woman from the Towers to respond to their emails and phone calls regarding date availability, pricing and setting up a visit. It's really frustrating! 

Re: The Towers Narragansett

• jcorvesejcorvese member
    Sixth Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Call her cell phone
    i will post the number in the am- its at my office.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks! 
  • MrkyrainMrkyrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is exactly why I didn't go with the towers.  I went to the first meeting and it was so disorganized I knew she would just drive me crazy.  She is a very nice woman but I'm a little type A and knew I wouldn't be able to deal.
    edited December 2011

is she an older woman? she makes me soo nervous because she keeps calling me sweetie and hun and sent me 3 info packets.

I feel like I am too type A to deal with that, but i love the location.
    Im meeting with here in 2 weeks so i will update everyone on how it goes, and post that number tomorrow.

• edited December 2011
    I've heard this a lot about the Towers, but it's totally worth it!  Once you decide on a caterer, the person in charge of your wedding there can deal directly with her and you won't have to.  It's such a pretty space. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    Heres the phone number:
    401-261-5644

She has a tight schedule too

luckily, She has time on teh 31st so I can pop in.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you. I feel a little weird calling her directly especially based on what everyone has said. It seems like she is very busy and would not appreciate the call - she might block me from the venue. haha! I am going to try leaving another message on her work line. Hopefully I can go so it. It's just a little off putting that I feel like I need to beg to get to see it.
  • edited December 2011
    P.S. I don't know why my username changed, but it's the same person. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I never had a problem reaching her by email.
  • edited December 2011
    I was able to speak with her! I called her work number and she (finally) answered. I was kind of amused by her carefree attitude. :) I was able to set up a time to go up there and check it out, but she told me all Saturdays from May - Oct. 2011 are already booked! I tentetively booked a Friday because I love the pictures and the area.
  • Mrs.McIrishMrs.McIrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my reception at the Towers in early June.  I LOVE this venue and all our guests raved about how wonderful it was so it was worth it in the end to deal with the annoyances along the way.  We were fortunate to have our cocktail hour outside and it was amazing.  It is true that dealing with Kate can be a challenge as her memory seems to be lacking.  Be persistent and just keep contacting her if she doesn't get back to you about details or questions you have during the process. When you go to look at the place, ask if everyone for Saturdays in 2011 has actually paid their deposit. People can "pencil" in dates but if they haven't paid, you may be able to bump them out. Good luck!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:39 and BRCA1+, DH:44
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#5 11/12 bad embryos= BFFN
    FINAL DE IVF #6 1/13: cancelled as second donor backed out during stims
    Was added last minute as 3rd recipient to new donor on 1/18; ET1/23/13
    2/1/13 BFP for the first time ever; Beta hell for several weeks: miscarriage 7 wks
    CFNBC
    GradyPhotobucket
    Riley
    RIP Riley 1/4/12
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • edited December 2011
    Oh that's a good point about just being "penciled in." I will ask when I go this weeknd. What's the deal with the outdoor cocktail hour? Is it just weather permitting or does she say no to some people - haha? Also, are you having your ceremony there as well?
  • edited December 2011
    I got really lucky in getting ahold of her... I called twice and got no response, my FI called on Tuesday and got her right away. I met with her today, she penciled me in for a Friday next August, and gave me the paperwork. We mailed our deposit about an hour ago :o) She really is a sweet lady, she just had her hip replaced and is in physical therapy, plus handling three weddings a week and a bazillion emails and phone calls. She told me to be patient with her and just keep hounding her if I need anything. Totally worth it for such a beautiful place. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Any bride can use the outside fountain area for the cocktail area. It is an extra fee (either $275 or $225, I can't remember and it was only last month..) Don't forget if you want tables/chairs out there, that's extra. I paid about $350 total for outside.  You also can't have glass outside so the caterer did have to use plastic cups (but not red keg cups!) I was "fortunate" to use it as it was pouring rain the morning of my wedding and just miserable. Some miracle happened and it cleared up to be beautiful sun so we were able to use outside. I had paid for it the week of the wedding and I don't know if the fee would have been refundable if it had continued to rain. I highly recommend using the outside courtyard if you can. It was absolutely gorgeous!  We did not have our ceremony at the Towers but at St. Thomas More a few blocks over.

2/1/13 BFP for the first time ever; Beta hell for several weeks: miscarriage 7 wks
    CFNBC
    GradyPhotobucket
    Riley
    RIP Riley 1/4/12
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone want to tell me how much it costs?  I am pricing out places for my sister:)

Thanks!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I only know the price for a Friday - $1,800. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $2400 for a Saturday if you are a non-Narragansett resident. You have to rent tables and chairs from the Towers. I did the cocktail hour outside and had to get an extra hour caterer setup (it comes with 2 hours but most caterers need 3 hrs to setup). I also did a half hour of overtime so it was 6pm to 11:30pm.  In total, it was $4K. The little things add up!  Also, you cannot do a cash bar at the Towers.

CFNBC
    GradyPhotobucket
    Riley
    RIP Riley 1/4/12
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • edited December 2011
    Just wanted to follow up with my original post. Kate, the woman from The Towers, is definitely hard to get a hold of initially, but she was wonderful when I met her in person!  We ended up choosing The Towers as our venue and are very excited! Thanks for your help and input on different venues!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies,
    I just passed on Saturday Oct. 22, 2011 at the Towers.  If you want it- call Kate today!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kaitlynw21kaitlynw21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just curious if any of you had your reception at the Towers in the summer months. I am looking in June and July and was concerned that there is no air conditioning. Wasn't sure if that was a problem for anyone?  Also how many guests did you have at your weddings?
    Thanks for any input!
    Kaitlyn
  • edited December 2011
    Heather here. We did end up having our reception at The Towers, so I thought I would give a quick recap of our vendors. If you are interested in reading more about any parts of the wedding feel free to message me, and I do blog here at the knot: http://wedding.theknot.com/special-wedding-features/wedding-blogs.aspx

Wedding Date: 9/23/11
    Weather: Rainy mess.

I planned from New Jersey, so most of my communication with vendors was via email. I can't give a grade or rating because it was my wedding and I think it was perfect. I hope my narratives help.

Towers: I loved getting married here and would choose it over and over again. Our cocktail hour had to be moved inside because of weather. I was sad about not being able to use the courtyard, but it was okay. It was the perfect spot for our Rhode Island wedding.  Kate can be hard to get a hold of, but in the end, she does know what's going on and everything was fine. She was flexible about letting my family put up lanterns the day before, which I thought was going to be a problem.  

I would say, however, that it was really hot in there. It was a rainy muggy day, so it was hard to keep the windows open for long periods of time and I was really sweating. The fans were on, but still, it was really hot.  I am not sure how people get married there in the summer months. If you get married here be clear about whose job it is to do things - like open the windows.

The First Baptist Church in Wickford: Reverend Ginny was very nice. The ceremony was simple, but I would just make sure to be really clear about the order of things during the rehearsal. They are strict about the music, though. We wanted to play All I Want is You (Barry Louus Polisar) for our exit and they said no. We went with a string trio for all the church music. It was lovely, but they played for several minutes between parts of the ceremony while we just stood there. It was akward and hilarious.

Blackstone Caterers: I choose between Blackstone and Russell Morin. I went with Blackstone because they were more willing to give us everything we wanted for the price we could pay. A lot of vendors try to get you to pay more for things, but Danielle was the opposite.  She was amazing and she made me feel comfortable rather than silly for thinking I could have the things I wanted. She made me feel comfortable from the beginning and really took charge of things.

All the food was amazing. It was not nasty wedding food at all. It is expensive, but it was worth it for us. Everything was delicious, creative, and very Rhode Island, which was what we were going for. We also got our cupcakes and mini-pies from Blackstone, and it was all delicious. They were also willing to make mini Awful Awful in shot glasses for us. They also made the chalkboard menu for the dinner.

The only (very small) thing that bothered me was that the waiters didn't use the names of the signature cocktails. They just called them Pear Martini and Mojito, which is fine, but the silly names we made up was kind of the point. Also, one waiter kept calling the Awful Awful milkshakes, which again, misses the point of having them. But those are really small things, and I was completely satisfied with all aspects of the wedding food.

Sayles Livingston: Sayles is wonderful, and I immediately knew she would do a wonderful job with our wedding flowers. She worked with me on the pricing a bit so I was able to have everything I wanted within my budget. The only negatives were that there were roses in my bouquet when I asked for none and one of the flower balls for the flower girls broke almost immediately. She didn't even carry it down the aisle. Also, the bouquets are huge - like really big, so if you want something smaller, be specific. Again, overall completely happy with the flowers. She took my vision for the reception and put it together perfectly. I actually cried when I walked in the room.

Alan from Moondance: So, we didn't want to pay a lot for a deejay and that's why I chose Moondance. A friend recommended him saying he was fine, not annoying and followed directions, so I went with it. Overall, he was fine. There were no major mishaps (unless you count playing Baby Got Back at your reception, which I kind of just laughed off), but he did start to play my special song for my groom while he wasn't on the dance floor. He stopped and started later. I didn't mind, but I know it would bother some people. I've read here that he does ask you questions during the wedding, and that's true. It didn't bother me, but maybe if you are more specific right up front with him it will reduce that. He was affordable and did a decent job.

Hair - Molly from Kenneth Cote in East Greenwich: Amazing. Can't say anything bad at all. My bridesmaids had their hair done here as well with different people. All of their hair stayed in and looked nice.

Makep - Her name is Nicole and she comes right to your house. She did 4 bridesmaids, me and my mom and everyone was beautiful. I can give you her number if you'd like.

Hello Love Photo- Casey shoots with her husband, and although I don't have my pictures yet I love her overall style. http://hellolovephoto.com/ I have a picture tip though: make a list of all the pictures you want ahead of time. I am kicking myself for missing things and not planning better for rainy pictures.

Rockstar Limo - Nothing bad to say. They come on time and the limo was clean, so that worked for me.

Good luck planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards