Rhode Island
Options

Think I found My Dress!!!!

Went everywhere in Fall River Saturday with my mom and sister. My dad said he would go when I narrowed my search! I went to Wishing Well Sunday and think I found it. It is Sophia Tolli and called Irene. I will post some pictures once I figure out how to do it. The woman that waited on me was awesome, ( I think her name was Pam). Pleasant and not pushy. The only question I have is the color. I tried it on in a light gold which looked great because I have very fair skin. White looks horrible on me.The only question is the color of my sisters dress. I initially wanjted brown/sable. My sister is my MOH and I do not have anyone else. She had purchased a long black dress at White House/Black Market. It is very pretty but I would like your opinions on a black dress, with my dress in the gold color. Does brown vs black make a big difference? i know my thoughts are all over the place, but I am just so excited about the dress. I am going back this Saturday to try it on, one more time for my dad.

Re: Think I found My Dress!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats! it's gorgeous. i love the bodice especially..totally my type of gown :-)
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• Options
    mary106mary106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg I LOVE this dress!!! SO beautiful!!!!! Definitely get it if you love it and you think it's the one.

The brown vs- black issue... I think both would look great with your dress. Black on a MOH is not what it used it be. In fact, I personally think it would look super chic and glam with your dress. Think about it- black with an ivory/gold dress is SO hollywood glam.
     But If you like the brown and it works with your color scheme, try it out (I kind of think it's being overdone at weddings, though) Just my thoughts - but whatever you decide will look gorgeous. Best of luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your choice is a great one. I love the bodice and the skirt blew me away. Congrats! I personally like brown, but that is because I am partial.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stunning dress!!! 

Black goes with anything!  It should look fine if the groom and groomsmen are in black tuxes or whatever.  If they are in brown, then it might stand out a bit. 
  • Options
    Em&MC2BEm&MC2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the dress!! I think both brown and black will look great with the dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The dress is stunning especially the skirt! I think that a black MOH dress will look really nice with your dress in the gold color.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a gorgeous dress!  I love all the layers.  I think a black dress would look amazing.  I do not like brown dresses.  Just preference, though.  :-)  What are your colors?  You could do black, light gold, and pale aqua.  Heck, you could add any 3rd color in there and it would look lovely.  Eggplant, peach, deep red, etc.  Hollywood glam is totally right.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Wow!  That dress is beautiful!  I can see why you are concerned about the black MOH dress.  My advice...if you want it....don't make your sister buy a new dress unless she can return the original black one.  However if she can return the black dress I would go with the brown/sable color!  If would make more sense.  Plus everyone wears black...the brown/sable will make your sis stand out more.

• Options
    caralinda1985caralinda1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha, I bought a Sophia Tolli dress at Wishing Well too!  My is the Narelle. 

I too only have a maid of honor, no bridesmaids.  Too funny!!

I LOVE your dress, its gorgeous!  I personally think black would look better.  But brown wouldn't be bad either. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards