Rhode Island

HELP- Missing Album

Hi Everyone, I really haven't been on this board since my wedding (1 year ago) but I know how helpful you girls can be!  My photographer promised our album in January, he then told us that he was a bit behind and it would be done in Feb, we were fine with this, until that date came and went.  Excuse after excuse kept coming.  He told us it would be done in March because he was getting divorced, we tried to be understanding, then in April because he was moving, finally on our 1 year anniversary (June) it was said to come, and still nothing.  I just dont know what to do.  It doesn't specify dates in our contract but I do have promisary emails from him.  What can I do?  At this point I just want my money back.  I have no faith left in him and he was considered a good photographer! 

Re: HELP- Missing Album

• edited December 2011
    Have you threatened to report him to the Better Business Bureau? That's probably where I would start. Would you share who your photographer is?
    image 208 Invited
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 102 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are MIA (RSVPs due 9.10)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It's CMH-Photo.  Such a shame because he takes beautiful photos!
  • erinkate23erinkate23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a regular on this board, but I'd give him a call and ask him to send you all of the images, gratis.  That way, you can make your own album on shutterfly or vistaprint (I made mine there, it's gorgeous) and he gets you off his list of people who are owed stuff.
  • edited December 2011
    That doesn't sound very professional. I would do what pp said and get your money back and just ask for the pictures. Regardless of what is going on in his personal life, he still has a business and he can't just take your money and not give you something you paid for. Especially being one year later!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the above postings. Too much time has passed and I'm guessing he knows this. I'd write him a nice letter or give him a phone call where you state that you understand that this has been a difficult year for him and you have sympathized but as of this point you are not willing to wait any longer and need your deposit back along with the proofs. If he refuses then you should firmly state that you will be contacting an attorney and reporting him to the BBB.

I hope this works out for you!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I agree with what the girls have said already- you basically just have to make it really apparent that your album has to be at the top of his priority list from now on, or there will be consequences. I'm sure that a strategically worded email is all that it will take for him to get your album done quickly.
    You also have to take into consideration that even once he has finished the design of your album it will still have to go to the printers, etc. Between shipping and production it won't be done for another two months or so, even if he finished the design today.
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!  Still no repy from a phone call from my husband, we'll just keep calling until someone finally answers.  At this point I don't even want my album, I have no confidence that he will do his best job if hes just rushing to get it done to keep us quiet.  What a bummer.....
  • JohnNewportJohnNewport member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so glad i found this thread.  My wife and I have also been burnt by Corbin.  My wife was the one dealing with him up until 3 weeks ago but she no longer has the energy (she is 9 months pregnant).  So i took over.  I have e-mailed him multiple times and he doesn't reply.  I have tried calling him but his voicemail box is full.  We got married may of 09.  I finally told him just refund us the money and i have not heard back from him since.  I live in a suburb right outside of Boston and I am contemplating filing a small claims lawsuit against him and CMH Photo LLC.  If you have any questions please message me.  I have been collecting phone numbers, e-mail addresses and physical address to prepare. 
  • edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear of your issues with the photographer. The same thing has happened to me with a lady who was supposed to hand painted taosting glasses for my daughter. (CMB Crafts) All she ever gave me was excuses and promised my money back, but nothing yet. After my daughter's wedding next week, I will be nagging her so bad, she will be happy to get rid of me and give me my money back.

Keep calling them, emailing him(print out copies of each email) Go on every wedding board and post his name, call the BBB, and find the local photographer's association and contact them. But, I would go to his place of business and knock on the door and ask for your image file. Be a pain in the neck and he will give up and hand you the file.

When my children were small, my car was constantly in the repair shop (brand new car) I was constantly dragging 3 small kids to the dealership. The last time I ever went there, they told me it would only take about 15 minutes to fix, but after 1 hr and the kids were getting restless and I had no more bottles for the baby, I let the 2 and 4 yrs old run around the dealership. They put their hands all over the brand new cars in the showroom. Within about 5 seconds someone came over, asked my name and all of a sudden, my car was done !  I hated to do that, but I had to. Now that dealership is closed. Bad service, I guess.

Sorry to make this so long, but be persistant. That was your wedding day and you deserve to have beautiful pictures of that special day.

Don't give up. Be a nag and I wish the both of you much happiness in your lifetime together.
  • SueinMASueinMA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He was also  my photographer in June 2009.  We had an album included as part of our package and I have to admit I haven't gotten around to ordering it from him yet.  This, obviously, has me really worried we'll never see it! 

I'm trying to remember... I know he split his time between Virginia and Rhode Island and I think it was his wife that was from Rhode Island. So if they are getting divorced, I bet he is back in Virginia full time.

I have no advice other than to keep emailing him.  I should try to get in touch as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards