South Carolina

HELPPP finding low budget ceremony location w/water as the backdrop

Need wedding venue with water as a background near Branchville, SC, which is  near Orangeburg and @ 1.5 hours from Charleston. I'm helping my brother and fiance plan a small wedding for 40-50 guests on 10/16/10. I live in PA, so not familiar with the area and my brother has only resided there for @ 2 years. The venue they planned to use has a patio where the wedding would be held with a lake as a backdrop. But they recently learned it only comfortably accommodates up to 25. She wants water in the background but it is so difficult to find a location in Branchville, SC. MUST be low budget, with or without officiant. All suggestions welcomed. Thank you all.

Re: HELPPP finding low budget ceremony location w/water as the backdrop

• edited December 2011
    They are going to have to drive a little ways most likely to find a place with water as the backdrop. I know you can get married at Santee State Park and it is low budget. Also, maybe check out Cypress Gardens in Moncks Corner. It's on a swamp but it's pretty. Not sure how much it costs, but there's Buck Ridge Plantation near Orangeburg. There's also the Vue at Ripley Pointe in North Charleston. I don't know exact prices, but I think they are fairly reasonable as well. Hope this helps and good luck!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    You've been a tremendous help. Even if I find that they are beyond their budget, at least I have a starting point. Just not much of anything in Branchville.  Thanks a bunch!!!

If anyone knows of more places I could try, please post.
  • edited December 2011
    If you are still looking for a place, try Old Santee Canal Park in Moncks Corner.  I think the website is www.oldsanteecanalpark.org. The Stoney Landing house makes for a great venue!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards