South Carolina

Please help with venues. I'm so stress I want to cry!!!

Someone help!! I'm getting married on October 21,2011. I have a very minimal budget and can't seem to find anything resonable. I live in charleston but from columbia and either location would be fine. I've checked out the mitchell house and wintergreenwoods, but my fi said no to both. I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm in over my head. Any ideas and suggestions would be amazing

Re: Please help with venues. I'm so stress I want to cry!!!

• vrogers01vrogers01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Springdale House & Gardens (803) 794-5557
    3150 Platt Springs Rd, West Columbia, SC.  They don't have a website, but I am doing a tour next week to see if I will have my wedding here. They are all inclusive.  I hear it is really reasonable and very pretty.  The lady I spoke with was really nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Lexington and you can rent out their town facilities or parks
    http://www.lexsc.com/facility_rentals_index.htm
    It is cheaper for those who live in city limits like myself, but other than that, it is very reasonably priced!
    I too have a tight budget and if we were getting married in Columbia, we would probably rent one of the park facilities! - Check out the Palmetto Collegiate Institute.. it's beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Springdale House & Gardens is beautiful and from what I hear is really reasonable as well.  I'd try them out first.  Good Luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked through the venue listings on here? That's how I found mine.... it's ten minutes from my parents house and I had no idea it was there.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    It is frustrating I know.   Try the Heritage Plantation in Pawleys Island.  It is BEAUTIFUL and not too far from you.  They do not charge anything for the use of the house and have a great reasonable menu.  Look them up on line. (Jodi is your contact there)

I am a wedding planner in Myrlte Beach and have done several weddings there and they are amazing. Let me know if I can be of any help to you.

lcohenrn@sc.rr.com  (RSVP weddings and events)
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Field Trial Barn. It's in Fort Mill. It's very reasonably priced (475 for an entire Saturday). It needs some sprucing up, but the price is awesome so you could have some more money to spend on it.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards