South Carolina

SC Wedding Help!

As graduates of USC my fiance and I really want to get married in South Carolina. However, finding a location has been a bit of a challenge. We want something near the beach like Charleston or HHI, but it needs to have an indoor space big enough to accommodate our entire reception (200 people) because I just don't have good luck with weather and major events in my life. I love the plantations but I just don't think they are big enough. I like the resorts, but I'd prefer something more original. Can anyone help me? 

Re: SC Wedding Help!

• edited December 2011
    there are tons of fantastic wedding venues in charleston that could accomodate your amount of people. i'd look into the following:

South Carolina Aquarium
    Marion's on the French Quarter
    Magnolia Plantation Carriage House
    Events on Shem Creek {they own Cottage on the Creek & Lighthouse on the Creek, both are event venues}.

Hope that helps!
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might also check the Charleston Maritime Center.
  • edited December 2011

Alot of the golf courses here in Myrtle Beach can accomodate that many, Im sure the golf courses in HH can! Lots of them hav beautiful settings, and some are even reasonably priced (per head). HtH

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
  • edited December 2011
    A lot of Charleston wedding venues are small. My guest list is 200 and I had a hard time finding multiple places that would accomodate that many. I am doing Alhambra Hall in Mt. Pleasant and it will comfortably hold that many.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • MellandNateMellandNate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Citadel Beach House or even maybe the Holiday Inn on Folly Beach
  • edited December 2011
    I am an event planner in the Myrtle Beach Area specializing in wedding planning and there are definitely venues to accomodate your guest count here. I would be more than happy to Email you my venue list and talk to you futher about what services I offer for wedding planning if you are interested. I could send you the info when I send you the venue list, just let me know what your Email Address is? Hope this helps some...
  • Court579atuscCourt579atusc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That would be great! My email is courtneyborton@comcast.net. I'm also looking in Palm Beach, Florida at places like the Breakers, the Ritz Carlton and the Four Seasons but if I could find a place like those in South Carolina, I'd be thrilled. 
  • christian1417christian1417 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you decided to go with North Myrtle Beach The Seawatch Resort has beautiful weddings. Its affordable and they do everything for you. Thats where we are getting married. The reception hall holds up to 300.
  • edited December 2011
    the sanctuary at kiawah does a few large weddings a year.
  • edited December 2011
    If you are looking for Charleston venues that will accommodate that many, check out Boone Hall Plantation, Richfield Plantation, Charlestowne Landing
    imageimageimage
    The Kids (from left) Hugo, Siberian Husky, Claire at 3 wks, Human, Roman, Siberian Husky
    Proud US Navy and Law Enforcement WIFE!
    BFP 10.29.10-Norah Claire born 07.03.11

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Court579atuscCourt579atusc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I think we've decided on Seabrook Island Club. It's absolutely stunning and brand new. Kathleen was beyond helpful, answered all my questions and even suggested some I should ask. I'll let you know how the planning goes!  
  • edited December 2011
    The Island House (Johns Island in Charleston) will approve larger parties.  Also, I've been looking into the Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina or the Charleston Yacht Club.  I don't know how many these places can accomodate, but I think they should be able to hold at least 200 people. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm considering Seabrook Island Club myselt, please do let us know how your planning goes!
  • edited December 2011
    The Dye Club - the Country Club in Barefoot Resort of Noth Myrtle Beach.. They will give you a great rate and it's beautiful inside and out..

Also look at Pasha Belman Photography 

or look him up on facebook - he always adds new stuff http://www.facebook.com/pashabelman
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards