New York-Upstate
Options

Babysitter in Capitol Region

My wedding is in three weeks and the baby sitter we had lined up to watch my FIs nephews (aged 5 and 7) just backed out.  I know of a few nanny services but the parents are not comfortable with that.  Does anyone know of anyone who would be willing to travel to a hotel to baby sit or a good place to find referrals?  TIA.

Re: Babysitter in Capitol Region

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You could always call a local college to see if any of the childhood education majors would be interested. They could post a sign or send out an email.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you getting married in a church? Do you have connections to a church? You can always ask the pastor if they know of anyone- there are almost always teens who do child care @ the church that would be able to have multiple recommendations/references.
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was in high school, I babysat for the Holiday Inn. I provided them with references and when they had an event, they would call me and I would come to the hotel to sit with the children while their parents were at the reception. Did you happen to call the hotel to see if they provide that service?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great ideas - i'll check them all out.  Thanks everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards