New York-Upstate
Options

Vendor Reviews! Saratoga Wedding

Hi All.I was married in Saratoga just over a week ago, and thought some of you might like to see some reviews.  So here you go!Venue:  Hall of Springs -- Everything was amazing!  The food (catered by Glen Sanders) was phenomenal.  There was not a single thing amiss!  Highly recommend.Cake:  J&S Watkins (Clifton Park) -- The cake looked beautiful and tasted great.  Only problem was that they made it upside down with respect to flavors.  So our bottom (and biggest) tier ended up being the flavor we wanted the least of, and our top (and smallest) tier ended up being the flavor we wanted the most of.  No one else knew so it wasn't a big deal.Flowers:  Katie Chiocchio -- Formerly of Firefly Florist, she is amazing!  I cannot say enough about what a fantastic job she did!  She has serious vision and was able to suggest things I would never even have thought of.  Everyone was raving about the flowers.  If anyone wants her contact info, feel free to email me at anmllwyr at yahoo dot com.Hair & Makeup:  Joanna Ramanzo/Lipstick N Lashes/Above and Beyond Salon -- I would not recommend her.  I liked the way I looked, but she ended up doing my hair in a completely different way than she did at the trial.  When I asked her about it afterwards, she tried to blame it on the fact that my mom asked to go before me and she felt rushed.  That could've been because she showed up over 1/2 hour late.  The makeup did not last through the wedding.  At the beginning of the reception, there are pictures of me where I have a serious shine to my face.  I was confident that I looked ok, so I didn't even bother checking.  Now I wish I had so I could've re-powdered my own face to take away the shine.  I was pretty disappointed.  Again, it's not that I looked bad.  She did a good job.  It just wasn't what we had agreed to before hand, so I was somewhat disappointed.  Ceremony Music:  Rosamund Trio -- They were fantastic!  Very willing to work with us and learn new songs that we wanted for our ceremony.  They did a great job!Reception Music:  Los Blancos -- A band out of Syracuse with one of my husband's friends as the bass player.  The music was great, but I must admit that it was a bit tough to get them to respond throughout the process.  They are not really a wedding band (only do a few a year), so if you're willing to put up with "typical" musician conduct in exchange for some fantastic music and unique, they're a good bet.  Photography:  Niki Rossi -- We don't have our pro pix back yet, so I can't say 100%.  Our engagement photos are wonderful, so I am sure our wedding pix will be as well.  She's very easy to work with and has a great eye.  My only criticism is that she did not have my list of "must take photos" with her (couldn't access it from her mobile phone like she had planned), so I am sure there are a few pix I wanted that we did not get.  Transportation:  Upstate Transit of Saratoga -- We had a shuttle running loops from Hilton Garden Inn to Gideon Putnam to Hall of Springs.  They were great.  Very prompt and professional.  I hope that some of you might find this info useful.  I'm happy to answer any questions you have or give you contact info for any of these vendors.  Feel free to email me at anmllwyr at yahoo dot com.  Best of luck to all of you!

Re: Vendor Reviews! Saratoga Wedding

• Options
    jms2010jms2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your marriage!Thanks so much for the reviews..very helpful. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and thanks for the reviews!  Please post some pics when you get them.  :-)
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys.  Here are a few pix for you.  Hope this works!  :) [img]http://i33.tinypic.com/2ahyulf.jpg[/img][img]http://i38.tinypic.com/el1jkw.jpg[/img][img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2s17k8x.jpg[/img]  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You look stunning!!! Oh my goodness! I am getting married this Thanksgiving weekend...in Schenectady, but my cousin (and my MOH) is getting married next summer at the Hall of Springs! Good to hear a nice review!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great info! I wanted to ask you your oppinion on the Hilton Garden Inn. We are getting married at Saratoga National and are trying to decide on hotels to block. Our wedding is 10/01/10 and some hotels are already full crazy enough. Did you try other hotels besides that too?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Getting married 10/09/10 @ Saratoga National. Would like to contact the florist that you recommended. Can you provide the contact info?

Katie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards