Texas-Austin

BEWARE! Tribe Docs videography - Heather Olsen

I absolutely hate having to write a negative review for a person I really like but enough is enough. We hired Heather as our videographer for our November 20, 2010 wedding. Everything went smoothly and communication was thorough leading up to the big day. The wedding day went great, Heather was early and very professional.....

BUT NOW, it has been 6 months and we have yet to see any glimpses of our video, communication has come to a halt and we feel like we got screwed over. We were promised our video on January 20, 2010 but that day came and went months ago. She has told us several times that the video was finished and she was putting it the mail but we still never received it. Now, several emails have not been responded to and several phone calls not returned. 

I waited patiently because I trusted her and I didn't want to put pressure on her because I understand editing takes time, but now it seems she is avoiding us. I am extremely disappointed...

Also, I just noticed this is her second beware posting on The Knot for the same reason.

Re: BEWARE! Tribe Docs videography - Heather Olsen

• edited December 2011
    i wrote virtually the same review, verbatum, a few weeks ago.  my wedding was on 10/29/10.  i eventually did get the video from heather, so hang in there. 
  • edited December 2011
    Since 2 people have this complaint, I will leave it posted. However, usually if someone has one post on the forums, it is usually deleted.
  • a-c-da-c-d member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just FYI... Heather just handled my wedding a couple of weeks ago. So, when I saw this (and having read the first one a while back), I emailed her and questioned her.

Her reply:
    "I understand your concern and would be happy to refund your payment if you do not receive your copies within two months of your wedding date."

So, I will keep everyone posted.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    hey a-c-d, i just wanted to say thank you, because i think you questioning heather (after me posting on here) is the main reason i finally got my video.  and this is totally whiny, but i have so many negative emotions attached to the whole experience that i have hardly watched the final product =(  blah.  anyhow, i hope you get your video back timely & and it's all you hoped for. 
  • a-c-da-c-d member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_beware-tribe-docs-videography-heather-olsen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:0d467099-1942-4045-8083-d8f5abea9b9aPost:644163bb-ae1f-43a5-ae85-04d75841f5f8">Re: BEWARE! Tribe Docs videography - Heather Olsen</a>:
    [QUOTE]hey a-c-d, i just wanted to say thank you, because i think you questioning heather (after me posting on here) is the main reason i finally got my video.  and this is totally whiny, but i have so many negative emotions attached to the whole experience that i have hardly watched the final product =(  blah.  anyhow, i hope you get your video back timely & and it's all you hoped for. 
    Posted by p1001[/QUOTE]

I am glad I could help... if indeed I really did!! I just felt like if I read a review on a public forum about any vendor, I could use it to question them if I have them under contract to work with me. I figure it will at least let them know what is being said about them in case its not true or give them a chance to make it right if it is true!!!

She has been great to me so far, so I am hoping our experience is a good.
  • edited December 2011

I used Heather for my 10/23 wedding. We got our video in January and it's AMAZING. It was well worth the wait (especially for the price). She can be slow to respond but other than that I had no problems with her. My last name was spelled wrong on the dvd menu - which honestly wasn't that big of a deal to me but she fixed it and sent me all new DVDs.

• edited December 2011
    I'm glad for those of you who had good experiences. I absolutely hated leaving a bad review but felt it was time. My husband and I left on the 20th for a year long backpacking trip and I told her about this far in advance. I am so sad that it will be a year an a half before I receive my copy. I know Heather and I really like her, I am just so disappointed in the handling of this business. 

p1001 - I am so sad for you that the negative experience with affected your feeling towards your video. My video was what I was most excited about. 

What I am most concerned about is that she did a boudoir shoot before my wedding and I haven't received that either. It was my wedding gift to my husband. The MOST concerning part was when I questioned her about it, she replied that she had sent it to the wrong address. GREAT. 

ughhhh still so frustrated.
  • rerawaltrerawalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry about your bad experience.  I think I would be the most upset about the boudoir shot going to the wrong address!!!!  Have a great time on your trip, I hope you get to see some amazing things!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah my husband is especially furious about that part too
  • edited December 2011
    I would like to add here that I have now email and called Heather 4 times each without a single response. Our families are afraid we got ripped off and I am starting to feel that way too. What would you guys do if this was you and you had a contract? 

Any advice would be much appreciated. 
  • rerawaltrerawalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I had someone who I thought had broke a contract I think you have a couple of options:  

You could try to keep doing what you are doing, does she have a storefront that you could go to?  I would make sure to be keeping a record of every interaction (or lack of interaction).

You can contact the BBB.  They will contact the business, and set up mediation if needed.

Or, you could find a lawyer/file in small claims court.  

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time.  Good luck.
  • a-c-da-c-d member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_beware-tribe-docs-videography-heather-olsen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:0d467099-1942-4045-8083-d8f5abea9b9aPost:f0567316-86ad-48cc-9db9-1e7376a37132">Re: BEWARE! Tribe Docs videography - Heather Olsen</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would like to add here that I have now email and called Heather 4 times each without a single response. Our families are afraid we got ripped off and I am starting to feel that way too. What would you guys do if this was you and you had a contract?  Any advice would be much appreciated. 
    Posted by pppaaaiiigggeee[/QUOTE]

It is just so weird to me... she answers every one of my emails. I don't get it.
  • edited December 2011
    i'm sorry you have to deal with this on your trip.  she did not answer/return even one of my phone calls (i called probably 4 times total and hubby called once) and she replied to one email (out of again, 4-5 total).  in the reply, she said i'd have my video the next day, but i got it about a month later.  i tried to dispute my transaction via paypal (that's how i paid), but it doesn't let you dispute services (sale of goods only).  i posted the "beware" message here and i believe other brides' concerns generated as a result of that post finally got me the video.  however, heather claimed that she was communicating with me the entire time - which is completely untrue.  she also posted this whole thing about me on her own blog, suggesting that i was an unreasonable bride who chose to vent about her on the knot (which she doesn't have access to). 

in summary, other than waiting it out and hoping that you'll eventually get the video, i think your other options are BBB or small claims court, as one of the previous posts suggested.   
  • edited December 2011
    She finally emailed me back stating only that I would get my video later this week and if I didn't, she would refund my money. 

I waited so long because I didn't want the quality of the video to be compromised but seriously.... over 6 months late? 

a-c-d - she replied to all fo mine in the beginning, especially before I had paid in full. Hopefully she has figured out her workload so you wont have to deal with the same hassles. Best of luck!

Thanks for all of the support ladies. I really needed to vent!! :)
  • akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I'm starting to have some issues as well.

Our wedding was in mid-December, and in the last 4 months she has told me no less than two times that our video was complete and that it would be in the mail. I emailed her again the other day, and it took awhile but I finally got a response, but again it was along the lines of our video being done and in the mail. 

If I don't have a tracking number from her by the end of this week.. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm just so sad we don't have our video :o(
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh I've had a tracking number for a couple months at least. Don't count on that. I'm just afraid the quality is going to be compromised. I feel like with the additional months, she had plenty of time to perfect them! PLeas keep me up to dat as I will you. 
  • akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paige-

YGPM. 
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • edited December 2011
    I hate to be ignorant but how do you check PM? You can email me at ashleypaigejackson@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    Go to messages on the left side of the screen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards