Texas-Austin
Options

Tell us about...

Your Wedding!

How is the planning going? What is the most stressful part so far? What was the best part of planning so far? If married already how did it go? Any advice for those still planning? Or, Are you in any weddings coming up? Looking forward to attending any weddings?

Happy February 29 ya'll! Lets make it a great day!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tell us about...

• Options
    I am already married so I will give some advice.

We had so many little things go wrong pr create bumps in the road the day of the wedding despite all the planning (2 years worth!). Most people did not notice that anything was wrong but those closest to the wedding planning. Although there were a couple of more obvious problems. We made the best of it and just laughed it off! Why let anything get us down when we were married?! The vendors we worked with really appreciated our attitude toward the problems. Could we have been any happier if things went more smoothly?

H would tell any grooms out there doing a garter toss to practice tossing the garter to see how far it goes. He over estimated the elasticity of ours and it fell short of the group of guys.

We both would tell you to have a backup (ipod or cd) of all the most important songs for your wedding day. Something horrible happened to our dj's equipment and he lost our music. I could have taken the 30 minutes or less to make a back up like I wanted but I was to stressed. So just do it! You never know! This is the only regret we have about our wedding day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think the biggest thing that went wrong with my special day was with my dress. The dress shop had put a special panel in the back to allow for more room, and we spent an extra 30 mins trying to get my dress tied properly without it. I should have double checked when I left the shop, but I trusted everything was right from the last fitting.

And I agree with Erollis... there will be things that go wrong. It is how you choose to handle it that truly makes the day worthwhile. Now 6 months after we are married, our favorite memory that day was having the flowers not be what we expected, and my husband coming down to comfort me. The mistakes can make the best memories.
  • Options
    TFred423TFred423 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I am in the midst of planning (been engaged since January, getting married next March).  I  think the best piece of advice I recieved is to hire a coordinator!  I live in Oklahoma City, and am getting married in Austin (where I'm from.)  I hired Crystal Marek with Style and Grace Events and she is amazing!  She is taking a lot of the stress and hassel out of the planning process.  I don't know many brides that regret having a coordinator, but I know a lot of brides who always wished they had one!

So far I have picked Red Corral Ranch for the wedding weekend-- my family and the groom's family will stay on site.  We are having the rehearsal dinner on site, and then all of the wedding activities!  We are still working on a caterer-- my fiance is a chef and is picky, so this is a bit of a challenge!  Any tips?  We are looking at Royal Fig Catering, Austin Catering, or Crave Catering at the moment.

I have booked LisaLyn Designs for flowers (a personal friend from childhood,) and The Mill Photostudio! 

Happy planning everyone!!!
  • Options
    I loved Primizie's food (worth looking into!), they were very helpful and creative but it just was out of our budget, we ended up picking Crave- their food was good and we could adjust the menu. We liked Royal Fig for the most part but felt that we were too limited with their menu & they were hesitant about creating "new" dishes.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_tell-us-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:126Discussion:a4dd9d52-da1a-4abf-9328-bdb1ec4ce943Post:c82d9b9c-6edc-4759-9a68-99c1188faa33">Re: Tell us about...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am in the midst of planning (been engaged since January, getting married next March).  I  think the best piece of advice I recieved is to hire a coordinator!  I live in Oklahoma City, and am getting married in Austin (where I'm from.)  I hired Crystal Marek with Style and Grace Events and she is amazing!  She is taking a lot of the stress and hassel out of the planning process.  I don't know many brides that regret having a coordinator, but I know a lot of brides who always wished they had one! So far I have picked Red Corral Ranch for the wedding weekend-- my family and the groom's family will stay on site.  We are having the rehearsal dinner on site, and then all of the wedding activities!  We are still working on a caterer-- my fiance is a chef and is picky, so this is a bit of a challenge!  Any tips?  We are looking at Royal Fig Catering, Austin Catering, or Crave Catering at the moment. I have booked LisaLyn Designs for flowers (a personal friend from childhood,) and The Mill Photostudio!  Happy planning everyone!!!
    Posted by TFred423[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Hello everyone! I am new to the message boards and in the process of planning our December wedding. We got engaged in February and decided we wanted to get married this year and since summer seemed too soon December was perfect. We are getting married at The Vista on Seward Hill and I'm really excited. For those of you still looking for venues don't let their website deceive you. I actually had no intension of even looking at the venue but after a few disappointing visit to other venues that looked good on their website I decided I would swing by. Honestly I didn't care for it based on their website but I have to say I was blown away when I saw it in person. Immediately I knew that was the place. It's beautiful, and what I like best is its got indoor and outdoor areas and includes the DJ and lighting. Sedona (spelling?) the owner is great too. As for other planning I have bought a dress, (sample sale at unbridled, great deal and liked them a lot) and we have a photographer. Now we are tring to decide on a caterer so any advice would be great. Also we are thinking of DIY invitations. Anyone have any experience with that? Thanks. So excited..sorry.this got a little long. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards