Military Brides
Options

Marine Groomsmen... lol and Brothers... what do they wear???

I am in the Air Force, and my fiance is a Marine. now... His chosen groomsmen are all Marines. so naturally we've decided for everyone to wear their dress blues, one because they are gorgeous, two its a military wedding, and we want that to be evedent. I have a 15 year old brother, and he has a 16 year old brother and a 13 year old brother. We want to include all of our siblings. Our sisters are easier to include cause dresses make sense. lol But the brothers... what do i put them in? because they dont have uniforms... and i don't know what i want them to wear... any ideas?

OH... and i'm in a debate between gold or red bridesmaid dresses... but for marine weddings everyone does red. lol so i cant decide if i want it to be that easy. lol any ideas on that? lol

Re: Marine Groomsmen... lol and Brothers... what do they wear???

• Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI will be in Blues, his brothers will be in regular black and white tuxes. I'm not matching his blues for anything really. The bridesmaids are actually in navy to match the MOH who is ADAF and wearing her Mess Dress. I've seen really pretty pictures of Marine weddings with BMs in light yellow. I prefer light yellow to actual gold.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend putting your brothers in regular tuxes in which ever color you like (grey, navy, white, black) as long as they are all standing up with you, people will get they are part of the wedding party.
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on putting them in tuxes.  A tux matches the formality of a military dress uniform, and with your brothers in a tux standing in front of the church will make it clear that they are part of the WP.  

By "include all of our siblings," you mean include them in the WP right?  I just want to double check because you said he chose all of his GM already and they are all Marines.  If your siblings aren't in the actual WP, and you just want to include them in the ceremony as readers or something, then let them wear whatever they want. 

As for colors, you don't need to match your colors to military uniforms, since they are supposed to match everything.  Red is a very common color to go with them, but unless your guests have all been to several Marine weddings, they aren't going to know that, and your wedding will be different than others.  Our colors were black, white and pink which I noticed on here are very popular, but we had many guests tell us how much they loved our colors.  So make your decisions on what you and your FI want, and don't worry too much on what's done a lot.  Also, I ditto Stan that a light yellow would look really pretty too.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the other ladies that the brother's can just wear tuxes!  The ladies don't have to wear red, they can wear champagne or even different colors of blues.  If you are worried about how everything will look I'll put a link to a picture of my friend's wedding.  Half of the groomsmen are in their Marine dress blues and the other half will are in tuxes and the girls wore different shades of blue, the MOH were in dark blue, the sisters of the bride and groom were in the middle color blue, and the BM's were in the lightest color blue! It really looked nice!

Here's the link

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/pr3ttynp1nk44/Allies%20Wedding/
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hubby wore his Marine dress blues, and we had 2 GM in Tuxes and 1 in his Coast Guard dress uniform, so tuxes get the point across. Besides, all the GM stand together, so everyone will know. My BM's wore black dresses, but I got married in late december in WA, so it went along with our candlelight evening ceremony. Choose whatever colors you want, Red, Navy, Champagne, Black, Royal Blue, heck you could do Lime Green and I'm sure it would still be beautiful!!

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards