Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Unity Ceremony

My fiance and I are going to be using unity sand in our ceremony. We were also hoping to do something else, in the ceremony, to incorporate his side and my side (parents and grandparents) Then another one to incorporate his 3 daughters. I don't really want to do 3 sand ceremonies (I want different types of unity ceremonies to make each special) I basically need ideas for the ceremonies other than ours because we have our hearts set on the sand! Thoughts and ideas? Help!

Re: Unity Ceremony

• Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    The two people getting married are you and your fiance, so there's really only need for one unity ceremony.  Leave the kids, parents and grandparents out.  They aren't getting married.
  • Options
    We are having my mom stepmom and future MIL bring in the vases with the sand already in them. Then when it comes time someone is going to bring up my son and we all 3 will pour a color together. Maybe you can do something like this.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_unity-ceremony-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:a66a1166-b163-4e0a-a13f-36eb90614b20Post:c7f9c402-c67c-4668-bc55-9c7ae96e5eb0">Unity Ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are going to be using unity sand in our ceremony. We were also hoping to do something else, in the ceremony, to incorporate his side and my side (parents and grandparents) Then another one to incorporate his 3 daughters. I don't really want to do 3 sand ceremonies (I want different types of unity ceremonies to make each special) I basically need ideas for the ceremonies other than ours because we have our hearts set on the sand! Thoughts and ideas? Help!
    Posted by mds52088[/QUOTE]
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have you thought of a wine unity ceremony? I think my FI and I may do this and you could possibly for the one with your parents; it probably wouldn't be all that appropriate for the kids lol. In my case I'll have white wine and he'll have red and we'll pour them together to create a rose wine and each take a sip of it, then bottle and cork the rest to have with our cake for our 1 year. You could do any wines together, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards