Military Brides
Options

Courthouse wedding before the big celebration?

2»

Re: Courthouse wedding before the big celebration?

• Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And TK is pretty particular about posting stickies, especially ones that involve such a touchy subject. 

I kind of don't mind answering every time that people shouldn't lie. It's one point that I don't mind reiterating. 
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I'm really glad that you and others keep saying it, I am in total agreement. I was kind of wondering what in the last couple of days warranted that very stern posting by Knot Annie. I mean, I'm new, and I've seen it get a lot more heated than this post over the whole JP/VR thing. I'm kinda wondering whether it's an accumulation over time or whether something just happened. It seemd like a lot of non-regular posters jumped on the whole "I do what I waaaaaant" (Cartman voice) bandwagon this time. You know I'm new and just may not know everyone, but it seemed so random.
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hhmm.. I've been thinking about that and I have a hunch that a certain poster probably PMed KA about a thread where she felt "attacked"
  • Options
    Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm almost positive someone complained. I honestly don't think this board gets monitored much otherwise. ETA: I think Kara and I are thinking of the same someone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure if someone read that particular post and nothing else, it would look like we're ripping someone to shreads.  Though honestly, with much more thought, fact, and explanation than you'd get on most other boards.  It's not "You're an awful c***, b****, w****", it's "You said/did this, this, and this, so I don't like you."  And usually, we're much more tactful and patient than most other boards on here.

Anniversary

• Options
    LuluP82LuluP82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_courthouse-wedding-before-big-celebration?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:2c564dda-80c2-4d8f-a590-78183b378e2aPost:eb44a193-d505-48e6-bc9c-cc5b55052d1c">Re: Courthouse wedding before the big celebration?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure if someone read that particular post and nothing else, it would look like we're ripping someone to shreads.  Though honestly, with much more thought, fact, and explanation than you'd get on most other boards.  It's not "You're an awful c***, b****, w****", it's "You said/did this, this, and this, so I don't like you."  <strong>And usually, we're much more tactful and patient than most other boards on here.
    </strong>Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Amen
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First and foremost, wedding ceremony and vow renewal-that's just semantics! I say wedding because it is a ceremony in a church with all of our friends and family there to celebrate. Besides, if it's like you say, it's my day and I can call it what I want! I don't see the big fuss over what I call the day we are going to stand in front of people and say vows.

Secondly, I never said we were hiding it from people. We aren't broadcasting it all over television. And everybody we know, knows we are already married. We just didn't plan a day to go the the JOP and tell everybody beforehand. So you have no right calling me a liar, just because we didn't print our JOP wedding in the newspaper! We waited until we went home to each of our families to tell them; news that big shouldn't be heard over the phone. I see no wrong doing in that, if you have an issue with that, turn us in!

Finally, I have always dreamed of wearing my dress and having my father walk me down the aisle. I want to have everybody watch as I vow my eternal love and devotion to the man I call my husband. I think unions should be celebrated, even if it is not techincally a wedding day. Just because you don't see the point in tradition, some people do. I think you are 'big meanies,' putting down what matters to other people. I personally don't care if you see the point in it, you won't be at my VOW RENEWAL!
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_courthouse-wedding-before-big-celebration?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:2c564dda-80c2-4d8f-a590-78183b378e2aPost:6ec271ec-27e7-4afb-8e35-28784b4dfd82">Re: Courthouse wedding before the big celebration?</a>:
    [QUOTE]First and foremost, wedding ceremony and vow renewal-that's just semantics! I say wedding because it is a ceremony in a church with all of our friends and family there to celebrate. Besides, if it's like you say, it's my day and I can call it what I want! I don't see the big fuss over what I call the day we are going to stand in front of people and say vows. Secondly, I never said we were hiding it from people. We aren't broadcasting it all over television. And everybody we know, knows we are already married. We just didn't plan a day to go the the JOP and tell everybody beforehand. So you have no right calling me a liar, just because we didn't print our JOP wedding in the newspaper! We waited until we went home to each of our families to tell them; news that big shouldn't be heard over the phone. I see no wrong doing in that, if you have an issue with that, turn us in! Finally, I have always dreamed of wearing my dress and having my father walk me down the aisle. I want to have everybody watch as I vow my eternal love and devotion to the man I call my husband. I think unions should be celebrated, even if it is not techincally a wedding day. Just because you don't see the point in tradition, some people do.<strong> I think you are 'big meanies,' putting down what matters to other people. I personally don't care if you see the point in it, you won't be at my VOW RENEWAL!</strong>
    Posted by tylerandjenia[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>You took over a month and dug up and old thread for that comeback? </div><div>
    </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, unlike the rest of you, I actually have a life outside of posting on a board. I don't get to sit around all day and post on boards. I just wanted to see if the person who originally started the thread found any answer.

I came here to find some kind of support for people that are in a similar situation. But all I found were a bunch of know it alls that don't know anything. Don't worry I won't be back
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards