Military Brides

Wearing uniform for e pics

So I would like to get a couple of e pics done with FI wearing his uniform. Unfortunately, he is not crazy about the idea (although he agreed to wear it for one or two pics).   Is it common to be in uniform for e pics?  Did anyone else do this?  Just curious.
PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wearing uniform for e pics

• It depends on the uniform, as some aren't meant to be worn for non work related events.  

If he doesn't want to do it then I wouldn't push it.  My H wanted nothing to do with wearing his uniform for the wedding since he so rarely gets to dress up not in uniform.  We didn't do E-pics, but I can pretty much guarantee he wouldnt' want to wear it for them.  If he is agreeing to do a few pics with them then I would just leave it at that.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • He was thinking about wearing his ASU's.  If he really didn't want to wear them, I would respect that.  I'm greatful though that he agreed to do it. :)

• My FI agreed to wear his NSUs for some of our e-pics. He wasn't really for or against it, and I wanted a couple in uniform. It's up to your FI really. And like beach said, it depends on the uniform. Example, my FI wouldn't wear his blue digis for pictures, because they're meant for work only.
  • I really wanted FI in a uniform and he agreed but when he came down to it he said no. I love our e pics but it still kinda bums me out
  • My husband didn't want to wear his uniform and I was a-okay with it. I look at it this way, it's his work. If being a teacher had a uniform, I wouldnt want to wear it for my engagement pictures.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine wore his for part of our engagemnet pictures. The only thing I will say, is make sure it isn't a working uniform, and make sure that his medals/patches are in the proper order/place. Also, it's his choice, so if he is saying he doesn't mind then go for it. My FI chose to because we don't have any pictures of him in his uniform and because he isn't wearing his uniform for our wedding - It's really his choice we also did like 3 outfit changes too though. Like Hike said - it's his uniform for his job. If you worked at Arby's would you want to wear your uniform for your engagement pictures? (Not saying military and fast food are the same thing, just a point). It sounds like he doesn't mind wearing them for a few, so respect that and enjoy taking your pictures!! :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My H wore his Service Charlies, and they looked great. Do not force anyone to wear anything, and I always like to read up on regs for particular uniforms. For instance, sometimes people want their SM to wear ACUs or MARPAT, and there are regs that read as prohibiting that.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • We didn't get to do E-Pics, as my H has been in Japan, but we plan on doing some "We've been married over a year, but hey! look at us finally in the same place" pics.  My H loves his Dress Blues, and he wants to wear them in some of our pics.. As long as your FI knows his uniform regs (He can also look them up on line) and doesn't violate them, and wears the uniform respectfully.. I see no problems.

Maybe Stan, AMH & Binx could post some of their EPics with their SO was wearing a uniform! 
    Photobucket
  • Here is the link to my post AW-ing my e-pics. But the only one in uniform that I posted is from a distance.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_aw-e-pics-1
  • My FI wanted to wear his uniform in some pics. He was the one to bring it up actually. He wanted to do his flight suit and his whites. He plans on wearing his blues for our wedding (but that depends on temp because we're getting married in May, so he may end up in his whites for that too). I will second what amh said about being sure that all his medals are in the right order/place. FI wore his flight suit for a few pics and wore his whites for a few and we did some in casual clothes... so we had 3 outfit changes. Our pictures took a really long time (legit, like 4 hours). I wouldn't have asked him to wear them if he didn't want to. I wasn't crazy about the flight suit idea but the pics turned out nicely and he really wanted to do it, so ok. The idea here is that they are pictures for both of you for the future- would you want to look at the pics and know that you only wore the clothes you had on because your FI insisted? anyway... pics. 

wedding1 Anniversary
  • Fire- Doesn't Whites season start pretty early in VA? I know when I was in MS we wore whites until December and Blues only until like April (?)  and I know in WA we were in Whites from April to August, and Blues the rest of the year...  Just wondering..  Also.. and I'm not 100% sure on this, but would he wear the uniform based on his command, or what season it is in VA?  I think I just confused myself..
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_wearing-uniform-e-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:69c4cf6c-b736-4fbd-a39e-fa8e0f6679c9Post:17391298-14c2-4955-852c-625c1b860b7c">Re: Wearing uniform for e pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fire- Doesn't Whites season start pretty early in VA? I know when I was in MS we wore whites until December and Blues only until like April (?)  and I know in WA we were in Whites from April to August, and Blues the rest of the year...  Just wondering..  Also.. and I'm not 100% sure on this, but would he wear the uniform based on his command, or what season it is in VA?  I think I just confused myself..
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It does. I asked him about this, and his answer was that neither is technically "wrong" so he is going to wear what he wants. I think I'm more worreid about the season formaily than he is. I have asked him a few times, and he just tells me not to worry about it. -shrug- I confused myself trying to figure it out too, which is why I am glad it is his problem. lol!</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: our e pics were done in Oct, so he probably should have had his blues for that, but he wanted his whites and said it was fine, so... yeah. lol</div><div>
    </div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_wearing-uniform-e-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:69c4cf6c-b736-4fbd-a39e-fa8e0f6679c9Post:945853cf-3570-4435-91b5-c0dca83e4ca1">Re: Wearing uniform for e pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wearing uniform for e pics : It does. I <strong>asked him about this, and his answer was that neither is technically "wrong" so he is going to wear what he wants. </strong>I think I'm more worreid about the season formaily than he is. I have asked him a few times, and he just tells me not to worry about it. -shrug- I confused myself trying to figure it out too, which is why I am glad it is his problem. lol! ETA: our e pics were done in Oct, so he probably should have had his blues for that, but he wanted his whites and said it was fine, so... yeah. lol
    Posted by firemedicrr[/QUOTE]

That is what my FI had said before, he also said that no one was truly going to care what he wore, as long as he was wearing it correctly.  I had thought my FI had showed me uniform guidelines for weddings, and it had basically said, they could wear whatever they wanted, within reason (No working uniforms).   I wish I could find where it said that, so I didn't feel like I was just pulling that out of my butt.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    zims- thanks :) I am so in love with them too!

Amanda- FI told me the same thing; that it doesn't matter for a wedding as long as its not a working uniform- they can wear whatever they want as long as it's worn correctly. ETA- boo, this means that for our outdoor wedding, he has to wear his cover. lol. Oh, Navy and your funny little hats that serve no real purpose....
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • I love the ASU's!  I'm pretty sure he said wearing his ACU's would be against regs.  

• Zimsgirl your dress is amazing btw!!!!!

• OP- Yes, ACU's would definetly be out of regs....
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards