Military Brides

Picking a new book to read...

The 2012 CSAF Professional Reading List was just released and I’m trying to pick one to really read this year. Every year I start one and then get busy and forget or I completely lose interest in the book I picked and don’t pick a new one. I’ve narrowed the list to a few I think I might be able to stick with, but wondered if any of you had read them and have opinions.

Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
Freedom Flyers by J. Todd Moye
Paradise Beneath Her Feet by Isobel Coleman
The Hunters by James Salter
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Re: Picking a new book to read...

• IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Oooh I'll have to check out this list, never heard of it!! I haven't read any of them (Embarassed) but you have inspired me to pick one as well!!

ETA: After checking them out, Unbroken looks good!!
  • Also on the list are:

Airpower for Strategic Effect by Colin Gray
    Start with Why by Simon Sinek
    The Forever War by Dexter Filkins
    The Words We Live By: Your Annotated Guide to the Constitution by Linda Monk
    The Party: The Secret World of China's Communist Rulers by Richard McGregor
    Adapt: Why Success Always Starts with Failure by Tim Harford
    Physics of the Future by Michio Kaku
    A Country of Vast Designs: James K. Polk, the Mexican War and the Conquest of the American Continent by Robert Merry

After I actually finish one, I might try the Tim Harford book, but not sure if I can actually get through it if I feel like I have to read it. Once I've accomplished my goal of reading one on the list, it won't be as serious an issue to stick to it and finish one if I decide it wasn't a good fit after starting.

• I read catch 22 and unbroken is on my list to read. I enjoyed catch 22. It's different though.
  • Catch 22 is a good one.  I've not read anything else that you posted. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I read an excerpt from Catch 22. It is different, but interesting. I think I'm going to put that one and Unbroken on my Nook and start with those.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards