Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Pennsylvania castle

I am having a difficult time deciding on a castle for a Demeber 2012 wedding. 

I really want a venue that has a castle-like feel inside and out. I do not want to have have my reception in a tent.

Does anyone know of any castles.

Thank you!

Re: Pennsylvania castle

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The only one I can think of is at arcadia University - Grey's Tower is also known as the Castle.  They do rent it out for weddings.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP. Arcadia's castle is really beautiful. I actually went there as an undergrad, so just to reiterate - they do rent it out for weddings. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fonthill Estate in Doylestown. I dont know anything about it. but it is a castle

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hands down, my alma mater Grey Towers Castle at Arcadia.  It's GORGEOUS.

Just a heads up, because the Castle is a dormatory, they only allow weddings during the non-academic school year.  I'm not sure if December is considered during the academic year if it's while they are on Christmas break.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amer, what year did you graduate?
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kristin- I got my undergrad in 2003.  You?
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was 2008. It's funny, because even though this is a local board, I still get really excited when people mention places I know. Haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Holy crap that place is gorgeous...

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Serously. And it's used as a dorm? Would it be bad if I left our home to go back to college? ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    efred520efred520 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm an Arcadia grad too!  Graduated in 05 :)  Ditto the castle.  I've been a wedding there, and they typically have the ceremony in the main hall with the bridal party lining this enormous staircase.  Then the dance floor is in that same grand hall following the ceremony.  It's really a gorgeous place, but there are definitely some restrictions with catering, decorations, time of year, etc.  The wedding I went to was on New Years Eve, so I guess as long as students aren't currently in residence, they allow events there.  Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    efred520efred520 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Additionally, my future brother-in-law is getting married at Merion Tribute House.  It has a castle type feel too!  Good luck! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amerbutt81 - Arcadia's Castle is gorgeous! I sent them an e-mail and they unfortunately said that weddings are to be during summer months.

rachelk456 - I see pictures of receptions in tents or on terraces. I am planning for a December wedding so I want to be inside. Thank you for the suggestion!

efred520 - Someone else told me to look at that venue too. I will have to do more research.
  • Options
    neongreenboxneongreenbox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fonthill in Doylestown is amazing if you want a little more non-traditional castle. It is completely made of concrete and beautiful colorful handmade tiles. The tent part of the yard for weddings if you are looking for part of it to be outside. I highly suggest at least taking a tour of the building - it is so fascinating.
  • Options
    DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There also is this Sandcastle winery and the outside of the place looks like a sandcastle if it's the look you'd like. I'd also second the Fonthill castle as a place to look into.
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lalarochellelalarochelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Cairnwood? In Byrn Athyn?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I wish I knew about that place in Arcadia when I got married--it's gorgeous!  Another two places besides the other suggestions are Aldie Mansion (more mansion than castle, but might be worth a look) and Baldiwn School--it's sort of castle-y.
    Fonthill is lovely but the reception is in a tent, you aren't allowed inside the building unless you pay extra.
  • Options
    lisashethlisasheth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you know if Arcadia allows for Indian food?
    Do you know how many people Arcadia can hold?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards