Wyoming

Wyoming Honeymoon suggestions needed

Hi Wyoming Brides!

I'm from & getting married in Boston next May. My Fiance and I are thinking of honeymooning in Wyoming. Around here that's considered "different" ;-)

Any suggestions of romantic getaways near Yellowstone? 

This would be summer, so no ski lodges. I want a place that is small and quiet and has amenities like horseback riding, picnics and a spa :-)

I found this place... Brooks Lake Lodge in Dubois that looked nice. Any body know if its good?

Re: Wyoming Honeymoon suggestions needed

• edited December 2011
    Brooks Lake is a BEAUTIFUL place to spend some time relaxing and honeymooning in Wyoming. I'd suggest heading there mid/late-summer unless you're okay with potential snowstorms in June. There are also a number of great guest/dude ranches in the Dubois area (the CM Ranch is top-notch) if you're into horses. If you're wanting to break it up a bit, head to Yellowstone Lake Hotel for a night (reservations fill early) or rent a cabin at the same location. At least have dinner in the stunning dining room overlooking the lake. It's a bit of a drive from Brooks Lake to Yellowstone, but well worth it. Check out the Grant Teton National Park activities too (great hikes) or head to Jackson for a day of whitewater rafting and excellent restaurants. You'll have a great time no matter what you do...
  • acacia24acacia24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are lots of places around Yellowstone (I live about 60 miles east).  I would suggest at least one night at Yellowstone Lodge in the park - perfect for a honeymoon.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the up coming wedding!!! I am from Delaware but now live in WY. My whole life I wanted to honeymoon here though, its beyond beautiful!!! It's extremely pricey but I am in LOVE with Jackson WY, (known as Jackson Hole to most) We went there 3 weeks ago for our babymoon and it was breathtaking. Granted it was winter but still so much to do. I have heard from many people that if I loved it now I would love it even more in the spring or summer. There is tons to do in town and just outside of it. My dream spring/summer honeymoon for there would be staying in town (loved walking all the boutiques) and spending a few day at one of the ranches just outside town and going horse back riding through the mountains. In the winter skiing is what Jackson is ALL about. If you have any questions or want any suggestions just PM me and ill help you out. BTW we stay at the Wort hotel in town and it was breath taking we had a regular room and it was georgous I can't imagine what a suit would look like!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for the helpful replies! and my apologies for the delayed thank you... the knot stopped working on my computer for like a week and then I just started a new job. eek. 
    Anyway, I think Wyoming is the location that is going to stick! So perfect for us! I'll definitely be in touch if I have any more questions. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone,
      My FI and I are planning a honeymoon to Jackson in Sept 2011....Thinking about staying at the Rustic Inn Creekside...any thoughts or experiences?  Also, we'd love any recs for must see things in town or restaurants to try.

Thanks!

image 147 Made the cut!
    image 84 Can't wait to celebrate! image 19 Will be there in spirit! image 44 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't notice that hotel when I was in Jackson, but we stayed at the Wort right in town and it was AMAZING. We had a normal room and was still blown away. They have 5 speciality suits from what I have heard and I can't even imagine what they must look like. I saw the door to one of them and it was wood and competely hand carved with a scene of a cowboy on an open range with the mounatais behind it! If thats what its door looks like I can't imagine the inside lol GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • aftonrae87aftonrae87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wyoming_wyoming-honeymoon-suggestions-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:134Discussion:b6529e63-1b03-4aad-8283-16f3cdad4bbePost:290fd00b-01bc-42f3-b746-c8c5cd3771dd">Re: Wyoming Honeymoon suggestions needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone,   My FI and I are planning a honeymoon to Jackson in Sept 2011....Thinking about staying at the Rustic Inn Creekside...any thoughts or experiences?  Also, we'd love any recs for must see things in town or restaurants to try. Thanks!
    Posted by teaformeplease[/QUOTE]

You have to eat at Merry Piglets Mexican Grill!  It's the best Mexican restaurant in Jackson Hole!  Perfect place to grab a bite for lunch or dinner while your checking out the downtown area! 
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wyoming_wyoming-honeymoon-suggestions-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:134Discussion:b6529e63-1b03-4aad-8283-16f3cdad4bbePost:290fd00b-01bc-42f3-b746-c8c5cd3771dd">Re: Wyoming Honeymoon suggestions needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone,   My FI and I are planning a honeymoon to Jackson in Sept 2011....Thinking about staying at the Rustic Inn Creekside...any thoughts or experiences?  Also, we'd love any recs for must see things in town or restaurants to try. Thanks!
    Posted by teaformeplease[/QUOTE]
    The Rustic was recently renovated when they bought it, so I think it's fairly nice but maybe overpriced for what it is. Of course, everything seems a little pricey when you first get to Jackson! <div>
    </div><div>Merry Piglets is definitely awesome & close to the Rustic. If you like sushi, go to Nikai just down the street. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wyoming_wyoming-honeymoon-suggestions-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:134Discussion:b6529e63-1b03-4aad-8283-16f3cdad4bbePost:d8f86791-5ec9-41ce-bec5-10056829cd65">Wyoming Honeymoon suggestions needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Wyoming Brides! I'm from & getting married in Boston next May. My Fiance and I are thinking of honeymooning in Wyoming. Around here that's considered "different" ;-)  Any suggestions of romantic getaways near Yellowstone?  This would be summer, so no ski lodges. I want a place that is small and quiet and has amenities like horseback riding, picnics and a spa :-) I found this place... Brooks Lake Lodge in Dubois that looked nice. Any body know if its good? <a href="http://www.brookslake.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.brookslake.com/</a>
    Posted by amgrossman[/QUOTE]
    Oh, and May is not really summer yet near Yellowstone. Yesterday is was 60 degrees here with mud and rock slides, and today we're expecting snow. So, if you're okay with very unpredictable weather (& not necessarily warm weather) then May is okay.
  • mlenoir1mlenoir1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend the Rustic Inn - King Bed/stand-alone creekside cabins.  The quads are nice for families but not for honeymooners ;)  The creekside cabins have a refrigerator, microwave, rain shower, radiant heat floors, and you can't beat watching the wildlife along the creek on the adironack chairs on the porch.  The only thing they don't have is a fireplace, which are in the quads. 

I have TONs of pictures if you want to view them (email me at:  ABsnRing@hotmail.com).  I toured a lot of places and stayed at Love Ridge at Snow King, Spring Creek Ranch, and Best Western.  Rustic Inn has been the best and all my guests that I had stay there were extremely impressed and would like to visit there again.  The suites at the Wort are very nice and spacious too.  They're very updated, have plenty of room, have beautiful hand-carved entrance doors, and the teddy bear on the bed is a nice gift!  Both the restaurant and the bar downstairs serve great food.

The Rustic is in walking distance to town (across from the Elk Refuge & Visitor's Center).  They can shuttle you to/from the airport and in town, they have a bar with a private wine room downstairs, a hot breakfast buffet, heated swimming pool, spa services, and for anyone who might have kids, they have fishing poles available so they can go fishing in the creek (a rushing river right now).  I was impressed by the service/staff.  They're on Facebook.   

Spring Creek Ranch (also on FB) has great views and activities available.  Some of my guests went horseback riding there for the views.  I recommend going here for activities; however, it was one of my most regretable decisions to stay there the night before my wedding and the night of my wedding.  The beds & pillows were lumpy, the studio has no practical room for luggage, there were 2 adjacent doors that led to the condo next to me and all I heard was the family next door and above me the entire time I was there.  There's a plunger next to the toilet for a reason, and the sink didn't drain much either.  I called for maintenance and it didn't change anything.  When I delayed maid & maintenance service so I could get ready for my wedding, they still showed up.  You have to walk down the way to The Grange for breakfast.  I HIGHLY recommend visiting the Grange for the views at some point during your visit but I don't recommend staying there.  My wedding planner's response to my critique was, "I don't know why you selected this place."  Ironically this was the place she sent me to check out for my wedding location and guests to stay at!

Love Ridge is very nice looking (has subzero frig, laundry, huge bathroom) but for new condos, I was upset I could hear the neighbors give a bath to their kids on the other side of the wall to my bed.   I could hear every word they were saying to the kids and could hear them playing with their bath squeeky toys.   

If you need contacts for any of these hotels or others, I can send them to you.

~ Michelle ~
  • NLewis1NLewis1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Wyoming Brides! I'm from & getting married in Boston next May. My Fiance and I are thinking of honeymooning in Wyoming. Around here that's considered "different" ;-)  Any suggestions of romantic getaways near Yellowstone?  This would be summer, so no ski lodges. I want a place that is small and quiet and has amenities like horseback riding, picnics and a spa :-) I found this place... Brooks Lake Lodge in Dubois that looked nice. Any body know if its good? www.brookslake.com/">http://www.brookslake.com/
    Posted by amgrossman

yeah, may is still pretty cold, in fact, a lot of the roads into the mountains are still blocked by a ton of snow in may. if you want "summer" in wyoming, you need to think about being here at the end of june until about the beg. of september (even september can get pretty chilly, but at least most of the time the snow wont fall in sept). My FI and I are from around the Jackson Hole area and still live here, we LOVE the snow and its a good thing too because there is alot of it!
    **If I had my life to do over again I would find you sooner so I could love you longer** Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards