Options

Anyone around?

2»

Re: Anyone around?

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Peek - He's a guy.  He doesn't get an opinion on dishes.  Give me his email and I'll send him the official notice.
  • Options
    QuiltingNurseQuiltingNurse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone have ideas on how to keep my kitten off the counter? She's being so bad today and I have to get her off of it every 5 minutes... not impressed with her right now!
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Make a really loud noise somehow (drop something, clap your hands, etc.) every time she jumps up there.  Don't let her see you make the noise.  If she knows it's you doing it, it won't work. 
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Lol thanks Elle.  :)

PS - I think your transfer is about ready to be done...I'm going to sew the panels together tonight and then iron on the decal either tonight or tomorrow so I can start the embroidery :)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm here. FI and I went out with our BFF whose car died at the bar so we are driving an hour out to his house and an hour back to the place and then an hour back to our house. Le sigh. Good thing I'm drunk. Off tequila.

• Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just got back upstairs after 30 min in the basement because of a tornado associated with the hurricane.

I was at the shore this weekend (supposed to still be there until Monday), and it was CRAZY down there. It was kind of fun actually-people were hardcore at the bars, haha. We left this afternoon and it was an absolute ghost town.

GPB, one of the girls I was with went back into the city-she said stuff is nuts there right now. No subway or anything, huh?
  • Options
    zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorta here now. I took a post-work nap in my tent (which is still up in my living room from my birthday because we're lazy butts and because it's awesome), and now I have heart burn because I ate two brownies and a slice of cake before that nap.

But it was worth it!

• Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:07dd4eed-085c-4120-ab97-5bb76f9cfc0cPost:7a0347db-1c13-46eb-a248-bc62d8a28059">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorta here now. I took a post-work nap in my tent (which is still up in my living room from my birthday because we're lazy butts and because it's awesome), and now I have heart burn because I ate two brownies and a slice of cake before that nap. But it was worth it!
    Posted by zipis1[/QUOTE]

OMG I want cake!!!!!!!!

• Options
    QuiltingNurseQuiltingNurse member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:07dd4eed-085c-4120-ab97-5bb76f9cfc0cPost:7a0347db-1c13-46eb-a248-bc62d8a28059">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorta here now. I took a post-work nap in my tent (which is still up in my living room from my birthday because we're lazy butts and because it's awesome), and now I have heart burn because I ate two brownies and a slice of cake before that nap. But it was worth it!
    Posted by zipis1[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm so jealous! I want a living room camp out! I'm now debating the idea of making my living room into a fort since we don't have a tent. </div>
  • Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    uhh I want cake and a fort!!! 

• Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sign me up for that cake and a fort too! BF and a few of his friends just left for the coffee shop, so here I am, curled up in a blanket on my patio, KUI on my iPhone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our lights have flickered twice. Just barely. I'm super bummed about maybe losing power, BUT red wine is best room temp so I'll get over it... ;)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:07dd4eed-085c-4120-ab97-5bb76f9cfc0cPost:59adf12b-8859-4e54-8d8e-c7765940bbbd">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around? : Stay safe down there! There have been no subways since noon today, and they probably won't be running until at least midday Monday.   I cooked and baked all day, and now the freezer's stocked.  And I'm drinking while watching the news.  Any power outages? GPB - how's it in your area?
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>We're okay.  Our power company has about 227 outages right now, but we're not in that number...yet.  Since we're out in the boonies, I'm pretty terrified we might lose power (and with it, water).  Although, on the bright side, if work loses power, I don't have to go in tomorrow.  And I would love a day to sleep in and veg.  The worst is supposed to hit us about 2AM.  </div>
    I french with my man
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jen, YGPM.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yaya!  Anyone around still?
    Cake sounds awesome zips!  Happy Birthday!
    I want to make a fort!
    I just work up from my 2 1/2 hour nap... Maybe I shouldn't have slept that long.  Lol.  Now I have homework :(
    Nothing as intense as Becumming though.  You are hard core.  Your semester sounds like my last semester.  I am always here if you want to cry about homework.  :)  Feel free to PM me.
    All you girls stay safe ok?               
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:07dd4eed-085c-4120-ab97-5bb76f9cfc0cPost:59adf12b-8859-4e54-8d8e-c7765940bbbd">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around? : Stay safe down there! There have been no subways since noon today, and they probably won't be running until at least midday Monday.   I cooked and baked all day, and now the freezer's stocked.  And I'm drinking while watching the news.  Any power outages? GPB - how's it in your area?
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

You too! One of my college roommates went back into the city today, and she said it's nuts-I can't imagine being there without the subway. She almost got stuck, because NJ Transit quit running trains Friday, but luckily one of our other friends was down, and he drove her back.

I'm drinking and watching the news too! I had to make a drink the first time the power went out-I don't deal well with that business. It's back on now, thank goodness.
  • Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:07dd4eed-085c-4120-ab97-5bb76f9cfc0cPost:74ff00a0-e1d5-43b2-8b96-e0b7859b54ab">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been around, but I am seriously haz a sad.  :(  It's been a rough day.
    Posted by sunbird627[/QUOTE]

Oh no! I'm really sorry. Do you want to talk about it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:07dd4eed-085c-4120-ab97-5bb76f9cfc0cPost:74ff00a0-e1d5-43b2-8b96-e0b7859b54ab">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been around, but I am seriously haz a sad.  :(  It's been a rough day.
    Posted by sunbird627[/QUOTE]

<div>I can send you LOLzZzZz?</div>
    I french with my man
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:07dd4eed-085c-4120-ab97-5bb76f9cfc0cPost:d07420c8-5dc1-4e32-b811-bbd10d1ca67a">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jen, YGPM.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

<div>omgosh, my first.</div>
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    edited December 2011
    Aw sunbird!  *hug*  What happened?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Peek-YGPM

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jen - And back!!  OMG.  
    I french with my man
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Peek!- backatcha.

I knoow this is bad to wish for, but I want to work from home Monday, so I hope power is an issue around here.    .*struck by lightening*.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jen - and back!

I agree about the power.  I REALLY don't want to go to work tomorrow.  I'd love a day to sleep in and just chill.  So, I'd love for my house to keep power, but the store to lose it.  

I'm thinking about curling up in bed tonight with a good movie.  I've worked my way through the HP movies (again) and the LOTR series...so perhaps Pirates?  Hmmm.

Or, maybe I'll just online window shop some more.  I need new clothes.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, please check out the link.  Seriously, OMG. Ah-mazing.

I french with my man
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    edited December 2011
    Shark in the water!  I Hope you don't lose power peeks!  That would suck *hugs*  I'm praying for you guys!

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:07dd4eed-085c-4120-ab97-5bb76f9cfc0cPost:43cf7214-63af-4dfc-9318-2a1f0e445adc">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Peek!- backatcha. I knoow this is bad to wish for, but I want to work from home Monday, so I hope power is an issue around here.    .*struck by lightening*.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

Nah, I don't blame you. I'm kind of with you on that, actually. Thank God I don't have to work until Wednesday, becuase when stuff like this happens, I have to stay at work. I hope BF doesn't have to go to work Monday, though, because his boss with definitely be stuck out of the country since the airports are closed, and he's had such a hard couple of weeks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:07dd4eed-085c-4120-ab97-5bb76f9cfc0cPost:10209dda-8630-40b4-90ce-11c43ed8b7af">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, please check out the link.  Seriously, OMG. Ah-mazing. <a href="http://egotvonline.com/2011/08/25/why-you-shouldnt-swim-after-a-hurricane/" rel='nofollow'>http://egotvonline.com/2011/08/25/why-you-shouldnt-swim-after-a-hurricane/</a>
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

<div>gooodgod. Why?</div><div>YGPM</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sunbird, everything OK?

I just saw all these posts. NYC is a veritable ghost town. It's so weird to see footage from Times Square and see that it's pretty much dead. I hope the mass transit starts soon - I need to be able to get into the city on Tuesday.

Other than some fierce winds (and I live relatively close to the beach, though not close enough to have to actually evacuate) and some heavy rain, it was pretty much nothing. I figured the media would overhype the storm.

Stay safe everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards