Not Engaged Yet
Options

what's up?

So getting away from the troll...what are all of you up to?I am stuck at work again this weekend and since my dumb co-worker got himself fired yesterday I have to pick up 3 days this weekGood news is that since my roomates are out of town this weekend my fiance and I get the house all to ourselves until tomorrow
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: what's up?

• Options
    mermadisonmermadison member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work until noon and the rest of my day will be spent trying to avoid the 115 degree sun trying to burn a hole in my soul. Glad you get some alone time with your man :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm at home taking care of the dogs and doing some work while BF helps his little sister move out of her old apartment (she just graduated college and is heading off to grad school next weekend). After he gets back with have dinner with his family and then we're headed to Jekyll Island Beach tomorrow for a 1-day vacation. Pretty thrilling stuff, right? The troll was amusing to waste time, but got old quick, especially with all the AEs. I did think it was funny that she thinks she files a criminal suit instead of the DAs office having to indict it. Obviously she knows very little about the legal system, even after a visit to her local police. :) I wonder how NQB's doing with the Meet the Parents situation in NY? Hahahaha.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm really looking forward to it mermadison - we probably won't do too much other than dinner and watch a few episodes of Dead Like Me but it'll be niceYeah I thought something was off on it but I couldn't remember enough about the legal system to call her our on it - I don't want to make myself look like a total fool ya know?I was wondering where NQB went! I forgot about the parent meeting - hope it goes well. For awhile there I thought "oh noes did she get banned too??"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do your cities or surrounding cities/towns have festival days? For example this weekend where I live is Whaling Days.. last weekend was Bite of Seattle and there was another something Days a little while ago. Anyways, that's what I'm doing today. Checking out the booths and eating elephant ears. The funny thing is I have no idea why it's called Whaling days.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea someone asked over on P&E and I couldn't remember if it was you or Twinkie or someone else, but I was too lazy to respond. :) Alright, time to get back to work so I can finish it before dinner. Have a great weekend!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    tifff - there isn't a whole lot of that around here. Pretty much the big thing is when the rodeo comes into town but that's already come and gone for the year. There's usually something going on down in Galveston but I don't like to go down there that much - it's still recovering from the hurricaneyeah acro that was me - I was upset when I found out Mrs. B got banned so I didn't want to lose another good person around here - seems like the troll is gunning for NQB now
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well right now i've worked for 8 1/2 hours and i've got 7 more.. :) this is exciting.. i've had a pretty good day.. Drew left florida this morning.. he's been so sweet lately.. with the small exception of Monday...we still had a really good day together and luckily i was in a very good mood when he tired his joke.. but now its got me thinking he may just propose soon :-) which is also exciting!! and even if he doesnt now...at least he's thinking about it! lol Next week i'm hopefully going to find an apartment and i'm hoping Drew can come down and see me i'm hoping wednesday.. then i've got to finish making plans for Drew's birthday trip. :-) I'm so excited!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies I'm here.  Having a crap of a day.  Our car died as we were leaving town.  Had it towed.  It's kaput.  Bought a new car after hours of sweating on dealer parking lots.  It's a sweet new car though so that's exciting.  Looked up the knot and saw my name all over the friggen place.  Not cool.  And I've been accused of being a 35 year old man named Sue?  Screw this crap.  I'm out.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The movie's just beginning. It's gonna be like Meet the Fockers. :DI hope it goes well for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh no NQB that's horrible! But atleast you got a new car out of it - what kind did you get? yeah this callingkarma crap has been out of hand today but the knot gods are aware of it and *hopefully* it'll all go away on monday
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If Callingkarma thinks NEY is bad...I regularly post on a site about owning chickens and that is a TOUGH forum.  Post a stupid comment there and those chicken owners will hang you out to dry and beat you with a e-wiffle bat to put you back in your place. I am sorry to hear about the car NQB- at least you were in a position that you were able to get a new one quickly! Tonight we are watching Watchmen on blue-ray.  I was not in the country while the movie was out in theaters. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah we went from having no car loan to having one so it wasn't awesome...but the car is sweet.  Hyundai Sonata.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Volunteering at adoption day today was kind of weird. First, a guy with a Great Dane walked by the cats, and the dog let out this big, deep bark and ALL the cats puffed up (even the baby kittens that are 6 weeks old!) and got all upset. Then, he took the dog over beside the dogs up for adoption, and ALL the dogs started freaking out. When the woman in charge politely asked the guy if he could maybe take his dog to another aisle of the store (because he wasn't even looking to adopt, he was just taking his dog to see all the cats & dogs), the guy started yelling at her!THEN, we had another guy with a German Shepherd stop beside the cats. He was motioning toward the cats and whispering to the dog, getting it all wound up about cats. So, obviously the cats got upset again. We asked him if he please wouldn't encourage his dog to upset our cats, and he got all smartass and said "Well, they're JUST CATS, how do you even know they're upset?"WTF!So, we ignored him and he walked down to the other rescue with cats, and did the same thing to them until they asked him to leave. He got smartass with them, too.THEN an unaccompanied small child reached through the cage and tried to pick up one of the baby kittens, and was trying to squeeze it through the bars?!?! So, I had to tell her not to touch any more kittens unless her parents were with her (and I even LIKE kids).AND, an adult woman came behind our table and opened one of the cages that had 10 week old kittens, and TOOK ONE OUT, and didn't even care that the other two were trying to escape. I swooped in (super-hero style), grabbed the kitten from her, shoved the other two back into their cage (which she left open) and told her as politely as I could while also freaking out that we don't allow the cats to be held due to dogs in the store (as noted above).She got pissed off and went away.WHAT THE HELL. No Saturday prior to today has EVER had this many wacko people since I've been there. I mean, usually one or two. Not one every 20 minutes.I'm exhausted!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes. Props to you for not cussing at anybody! I volunteered one day when I was in high school, and I was helping bring in the big dogs and put them in the pens. These dogs were twice my size and getting them in there was really hard, and it was even harder with stupid people standing there blocking the pen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear your day was so rough Jeana. Working with stupid people around stressed out animals is never a good combination. At least you and your fellow workers are doing such a great service for the animal kingdom.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It wouldn't have been so bad if just ONE cat got adopted. I mean, I think one of the dogs got adopted, but usually they get 3-4 adoptions. It was just a crappy day.At least a woman was interested in Izzy, the Christmas kitten who was returned 6 months later because the little girl who got her stopped cleaning the litterbox. Not to mention she just wasn't as cute anymore, since she grew into a cat. Stupid people.So, maybe that lady will email the foster mom and Izzy will get a home! The woman seemed very interested and was all worked up over Izzy's story. So, there's that. Today, I'm not leaving my apartment. I think I'll play some Wii Fit, clean my kitchen, and maybe get some laundry done. Fun times!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards