Not Engaged Yet

Open Letter Wednesday!

If you don't know what it is, you just write a letter to someone/something that's bothering you. Like a vent. It's fun. Follow after me.

Dear prof,
We are not in junior high. I understand you're a new teacher and feel the need to follow everything to the T, but still... You don't need to literally take our phones away from us if you see them sitting on our desks and take them back to your office with you and keep them a weekend. That's ridiculous. And quite dangerous. What if you take someone's phoen away and they have a medical thing happen over the weekend and need to call 911 and can't? That's dangerous.
Hope

FI,
I want to talk to you more than we have been the past week, but I've just been too busy with second semester school and fun, and my new apartment, and you've been too busy with your new job and your roommate and your new place. But we really need to make our talking more of a priority. (and you know that)
Love,
Hope

Ready, GO!!
When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.

Re: Open Letter Wednesday!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2373c7c6-24b8-4702-a7ef-9835fdd39de0Post:f1320522-3a00-45d5-88a8-073938a563c7">Open Letter Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you don't know what it is, you just write a letter to someone/something that's bothering you. Like a vent. It's fun. Follow after me. Dear prof, We are not in junior high. I understand you're a new teacher and feel the need to follow everything to the T, but still... <strong>You don't need to literally take our phones away from us if you see them sitting on our desks and take them back to your office with you and keep them a weekend. That's ridiculous. And quite dangerous</strong>. What if you take someone's phoen away and they have a medical thing happen over the weekend and need to call 911 and can't? That's dangerous. Hope FI, I want to talk to you more than we have been the past week, but I've just been too busy with second semester school and fun, and my new apartment, and you've been too busy with your new job and your roommate and your new place. But we really need to make our talking more of a priority. (and you know that) Love, Hope Ready, GO!!
    Posted by bourgehm[/QUOTE]
    UMMM HELLS TO THE NAH! I would NOT find that acceptable AT ALL and would be talking to a supervisor or whatever this professor might have. An ENTIRE weekend?  Is that even legal?  Wow, just wow. 
    Edited for punctuation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2373c7c6-24b8-4702-a7ef-9835fdd39de0Post:0378c212-997d-4e6d-a51b-cfd93a0ce0e3">Re: Open Letter Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Open Letter Wednesday! : UMMM HELLS TO THE NAH! I would NOT find that acceptable AT ALL and would be talking to a supervisor or whatever this professor might have. An ENTIRE weekend?  Is that even legal?  Wow, just wow.  Edited for punctuation.
    Posted by trebmal[/QUOTE]

At first I thought she was kidding, but nope! She was totally serious. I'm pretty sure when/if she actually does that and the class contacted the dean, she'd need to give it back to us. But still. She's a bit crazy, evidently.
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2373c7c6-24b8-4702-a7ef-9835fdd39de0Post:3a3bf18a-2a37-400e-98ba-f0d72b16c9be">Re: Open Letter Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open Letter Wednesday! : At first I thought she was kidding, but nope! She was totally serious. I'm pretty sure when/if she actually does that and the class contacted the dean, she'd need to give it back to us. But still. <strong>She's a bit crazy, evidently.
    </strong>Posted by bourgehm[/QUOTE]

Holy crap I guess so.  I mean, I don't even see that she could "do" that.  Man alive, sorry you have to deal with that for a whole semester.  I'd have my phone out on purpose just to test her. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2373c7c6-24b8-4702-a7ef-9835fdd39de0Post:f1320522-3a00-45d5-88a8-073938a563c7">Open Letter Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you don't know what it is, you just write a letter to someone/something that's bothering you. Like a vent. It's fun. Follow after me. <strong>Dear prof, We are not in junior high. I understand you're a new teacher and feel the need to follow everything to the T, but still... You don't need to literally take our phones away from us if you see them sitting on our desks and take them back to your office with you and keep them a weekend. That's ridiculous. And quite dangerous. What if you take someone's phoen away and they have a medical thing happen over the weekend and need to call 911 and can't? That's dangerous. </strong>Hope FI, I want to talk to you more than we have been the past week, but I've just been too busy with second semester school and fun, and my new apartment, and you've been too busy with your new job and your roommate and your new place. But we really need to make our talking more of a priority. (and you know that) Love, Hope Ready, GO!!

Um...yeah, that's not okay. She should just count cell phone use under class participation, count class participation heavily in your grade, and let you know she is doing so. It's college. She doesn't have the right to take your cell phone. COME ON.
  • Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cell phone lady sounds ridic. I mean really. It's college, you're all adults. Jeepers!

Dear Psycho Pysch Prof, 
    Your expectations are truly out of line. The amount of work assigned to us by you weekly is probably equivalent to the amount of work I have to do weekly for my other 4 classes combined. The tasks are mundane and pointless, and you expect a lot from us on each 1% assignment. If yours was the only class I was taking, I wouldn't mind, but like most other students, I have 4 other classes to focus on as well. You are also very weak at explaining concepts and assignments. Bring able to do both of those things is fairly important as a professor. And finally, please put out lecture notes online. If not, then give us enough time in class to copy them down. You're absolutely ridiculous! We're undergrads, not PhDs!
    Sincerely,
    The student you (luckily) seem to think fairly highly of, but who finds you very frustrating and stress-causing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally needed this today!

Dear Psycho Ex-Friend,

Back the fvck off of my life and my BFF. Go see a therapist because you have some serious issues if you think commenting on mutual friends' online posts is harassment and stalking. Also kindly refrain from trying to convince my BFF to change her plans so that they exclude me. We're not in elementary school anymore.

Thank you none to kindly,
    Me
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Deleted my open letter, just in case...
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear paycheque,
    please come early.  Friday would be better than Monday.

Kthx.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Life,

Please slow down and let me catch up with you.  I can't keep up if you keep throwing crap my way.  Once in a while, you gotta let up long enough for me to breathe.  I don't think I'm asking too much, do you?

Thanks a ton, hope to see you next week, and not a minute sooner...
    Coco

P.S.  if you are going to keep screwing around with me, at least provide chocolate.

• calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear BF,

I love you.  I support you getting in better shape so you can feel good going to hang out with other Marines all summer.  But I hate your diet, and no, letting me add salt to my portion after it's done cooking doesn't make it all better.  Sure, I'm also losing weight, but it's because I'm not eating.  I know you hate this diet, too, so why don't you just get over it already and let me use a little vinegar in a meal?  Or just a touch of whole wheat flour?  Please?  Before I go crazy???

Love,
    Your Girlfriend Who Likes to Eat More Than Plain Beef

P.S. I cheat every nearly every morning with a breakfast sandwich from the Cuban coffee shop in my office building.  Cuban toast, scrambled egg, bacon, and cheddar cheese - yummmm!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Dear leftovers from last night,

I'm not looking forward to eating you for lunch at all. Don't you understand that lunch is the only thing I have to look forward to at work all day? I daydream of walking outside the building and purchasing something fresh...but you're waiting patiently in the fridge, reminding me to make good choices. Darn you for not getting left on the counter "accidentally" this morning. Darn you!
  • MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear other students at my school,

Learn how to fucking read the signs on the road. If there is a stop sign, that means STOP.. If the speed limit is 25, don't go 40. Because you didn't follow the rules, you almost t-boned me in the school parking lot. 

If a sign says "Do not enter", that means DO NOT ENTER. You decided to enter anyways and take my spot that I was waiting for. 

Use your fucking turn signal. It's not that hard! 

Signed,
    A very pissed off student who missed class and who almost got in 3 accidents within a half an hour because you don't know how to read or drive.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bourgehm- Are you in middle school? That is CRAZY!! I had a teacher my first year of college who would answer your phone if it rang and take a message for you. He would then write it on the blackboard for everyone to see. I thought that was a pretty creative way to keep cell phones off.

Dear Fellow Employee with less seniority,
    Just because you don't want to do something, doesn't mean you get to make some excuse for me to do it. This may come to a shock to you but I DON'T WANT TO DO IT EITHER!! But I do it because (shocker) it's part of my (our) job description. We have the same job and I know for a fact that you don't have "a million things to do" that would prevent you from doing it every time I ask you to.  I understand that it usually takes you twice as long for some reason but stupidity isn't an excuse anymore. You've been here for 6 months and it's time to start carrying some weight in duties other that sitting at your desk and planning quickies with your BF in the parking garage. Until you've come to the point where you've skipped 8/20 lunches this month because you couldn't fit them into your busy day, you cannot use the excuse of "a million things".

E
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2373c7c6-24b8-4702-a7ef-9835fdd39de0Post:da12f7a0-6ef9-4b9f-aff8-50153562f99a">Re: Open Letter Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear other students at my school, Learn how to fucking read the signs on the road. If there is a stop sign, that means STOP.. If the speed limit is 25, don't go 40. Because you didn't follow the rules, you almost t-boned me in the school parking lot.  If a sign says "Do not enter", that means DO NOT ENTER. You decided to enter anyways and take my spot that I was waiting for.  Use your fucking turn signal. It's not that hard!  Signed, A very pissed off student who missed class and who almost got in 3 accidents within a half an hour because you don't know how to read or drive.
    Posted by MidniteRae[/QUOTE]

UGH, that sucks.

In other news, you have Sylvia Plath in your sig, and I like that. Maybe you can figure out what my username means...?
  • MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2373c7c6-24b8-4702-a7ef-9835fdd39de0Post:cccd2831-23b5-49b8-8d60-4c0593b88e60">Re: Open Letter Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open Letter Wednesday! : UGH, that sucks. In other news, you have Sylvia Plath in your sig, and I like that. Maybe you can figure out what my username means...?
    Posted by marleylikeair[/QUOTE]

<div>"like air" is written in the poem my first quote is from. (aka: Lady Lazarus)</div><div>"like air" is in the line "And I eat men like air." I like that line , but not as much as the part I have in my sig. </div>
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2373c7c6-24b8-4702-a7ef-9835fdd39de0Post:4bae7e40-eb4b-4b3a-946e-df5aafcc633f">Re: Open Letter Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open Letter Wednesday! : "like air" is written in the poem my first quote is from. (aka: Lady Lazarus) "like air" is in the line "And I eat men like air." I like that line , but not as much as the part I have in my sig. 
    Posted by MidniteRae[/QUOTE]

Yessss! "marley" is in place of "men". Marley is not a name in this case, though...
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paige,
    I've missed you since you haven't been on as much as you used to be. Please distract yourself from work more often so I can have someone to exchange witty banter with.

Thanks,
    Ekath
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2373c7c6-24b8-4702-a7ef-9835fdd39de0Post:6d896d59-e0c3-4aaa-8db0-6cc0738f683d">Re: Open Letter Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Paige, I've missed you since you haven't been on as much as you used to be. Please distract yourself from work more often so I can have someone to exchange witty banter with. Thanks, Ekath
    Posted by MLekathLEEN[/QUOTE]

<div>EKath,</div><div>I've missed you as well.  We can resume our banter soon.  I promise.</div><div>
    </div><div>kthxbye,</div><div>P</div>

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
    edited December 2011
    Dear stupid grocery store chain,
    WHAT THE HELLLLL?! Why do you need to censor a picture of Elton, David and their new son?  To "protect" your younger customers?! From what? Having an open mind?!

Fvck you, intolerant asshats,
    Paige.

Murried Bio
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Harps,

I have never heard of you.  I have never shopped at your store.  But now, If I ever see one, I will not step in.  You won't miss me, but you'll never have a penny from me.

Wrkn

Dear Boss,

Please take the locked cover off of the thermostat, or come in to work and adjust it.  I realize it's snowing outside, but I'm sweating like a whore in Sunday mass.

Wrkn
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • PolkaDotBellaPolkaDotBella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear classmates,
     I love you all dearly, but we are all adults, not 5 years old. When there is a disagreement in class, you do not have to yell, scream and throw a fit like a kindergartner because you feel you are not being listened to. Please try to contain yourselves. It is embarrassing to see a 50 year old woman and a 25 year old woman throwing fits because you are not getting your way...

~ Your fellow classmate who is stuck with you for the next 2 years.

and on a happy note...

Dear BF,
     Thank you for our wonderful quick camping vacation. It was amazing and just what we needed. I'm so glad that we were able to have very good conversations about our future... I feel so much better now that we've seriously discussed timelines and what the heck we're doing when I'm done with school. You are seriously the best and I love you!
                                               ~Me
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    ..::..In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities ~Janos Arnay..::..
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2373c7c6-24b8-4702-a7ef-9835fdd39de0Post:db3978ec-cf72-447f-a76a-7edba2427f11">Re: Open Letter Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear classmates, <strong> I love you all dearly, but we are all adults, not 5 years old. When there is a disagreement in class, you do not have to yell, scream and throw a fit like a kindergartner because you feel you are not being listened to. Please try to contain yourselves. It is embarrassing to see a 50 year old woman and a 25 year old woman throwing fits because you are not getting your way...                                           ~ Your fellow classmate who is stuck with you for the next 2 years. </strong>and on a happy note... Dear BF,  Thank you for our wonderful quick camping vacation. It was amazing and just what we needed. I'm so glad that we were able to have very good conversations about our future... I feel so much better now that we've seriously discussed timelines and what the heck we're doing when I'm done with school. You are seriously the best and I love you!                                            ~Me
    Posted by PolkaDotBella[/QUOTE]

Sounds like your class and my prof would get along very well! haha
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear BF,

We aren't that long distance, come see me already.

Love,
    Your impatient, stressed-out GF.

Dear school,

Go die kthanks.

Love,
    me.
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Job market,
                                  I am getting really tired of getting either no response when I apply for a job or getting a rejection letter. I have been faithfully submitting my resume for over a year and a half and I still have not have one offer. I am sick of being a temp, I want some benefits to come along with my hard work like sick pay, vacation time and health insurance. I know that I only have 1-4 months left before this temp job has to get rid of me. Please throw me a bone.

Sincerely,
           A very frustrated job seeker
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Dear Car Battery,

I know that you have me five and half long years (more than I ever had a right to expect from you), but you've chosen to die at a very inconvenient time.  If you could find it in your... er... cells, to work for just another week, I would be eternally grateful.

Love,
    Girl whose only method for charging her cell phone is with her car charger

Dear Thighs,
    Please get smaller.
    Kthxbai
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Skyler, shoot me a message.  I've been helping some friends as a job coach recently, and I might have some tips that will help you if you want to email me what you've been up to.  Just for a recent example, my brother's girlfriend has been unemployed since she graduated grad school last spring.  I started working with her 2 weeks ago, and she got a job yesterday as a result of one of the tips I gave her.  I'm happy to pass them on!

This goes for anyone - just shoot me a PM with your email and I can follow up.

Submitting resumes is the absolute most frustrating and least productive way to job hunt.  Seriously!  It's a black hole.

Anniversary

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2373c7c6-24b8-4702-a7ef-9835fdd39de0Post:11c295c4-f76c-4e5a-bec4-9c2ca5ce4b8d">Re: Open Letter Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Skyler, shoot me a message.  I've been helping some friends as a job coach recently, and I might have some tips that will help you if you want to email me what you've been up to.  Just for a recent example, my brother's girlfriend has been unemployed since she graduated grad school last spring.  I started working with her 2 weeks ago, and she got a job yesterday as a result of one of the tips I gave her.  I'm happy to pass them on! This goes for anyone - just shoot me a PM with your email and I can follow up. Submitting resumes is the absolute most frustrating and least productive way to job hunt.  Seriously!  It's a black hole.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Cate - YGPM.
  • PolkaDotBellaPolkaDotBella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2373c7c6-24b8-4702-a7ef-9835fdd39de0Post:23400547-9159-44ab-a95d-7290a93d2ce2">Re: Open Letter Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open Letter Wednesday! : Sounds like your class and my prof would get along very well! haha

Oh I'm sure they would!  Your professor sounds psycho! Our professor last night told us no phones or computers or she'll dock us participation points... I'm just glad she's not as bad as your professor!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    ..::..In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities ~Janos Arnay..::..
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Dear crazy ex childcare provider,

Thank you for not allowing me to drop of my child last tues which is our normal day for you to watch him. I then proceed to find a new daycare and you tell me not to bring him back. So i planned to put him in a new daycare as of this monday, you then text me. You never actually called me back when i left you vm as to why i couldnt drop my son. You are childesh and cannot handle confrontation, you text me i miust give 30 day notice or you can sue.

I then proceed to write a 30 day notice letter which i dropped this monday off with my child. It was our understanding since you werent there on tuesday and i didnt drop my son any other day of the week.  I wouldnt pay you for last week. So yesterday you finally decide you no longer want to watch my child, you are letting me out of  my contract. So nice of you now that i dont have time to start him in a new daycare till tuesday. 

Ihave now had to rearrange my son's dads world and my parents just so i can go to work. Bc you are a selfish immature woman that shouldnt be liscensed through the state to watch anyones child.  I will be complaining because this is completely uneccaptable.

Sincerely a very p*ssed off mother.
    I Cant wait to start my forever with my best friend! To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed.~Borrowed this:-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards