Not Engaged Yet
Options

Friday Chatter

I'm moving tomorrow!

We've been by the house a couple of times since we closed earlier this week. It seems so big and empty! Our apartment, on the other hand, reminds me of those hoarder shows where we have to step over our possessions as they are all out and about waiting to be boxed. Who knew two people could own so many misc things?

What's up with you?

Re: Friday Chatter

• Options
    Yay congrats on the moving tomorrow, how exciting.  Are you doing all of the moving yourself or are you hiring a company for the big stuff?

I can't wait for the weekend.  I'm tired, BF has to clear everything out of the apartment by Sunday, he has most stuff out but we have a few things to go through and clear out over there this weekend. Otherwise we have no other plans.  I have to be at the theater tonight though. There are still a lot of boxes to go through and unpack at my place. There was also lots of good talks last night about home buying and engagement stuff too.

I'd like a cupcake though... :-)

Anniversary

• Options
    We have recruited some friends and family to help move us. All we rented was a moving truck. Fingers crossed they show up and help ;)

I'm so happy to hear all these good things about having your BF move in. Such positive vibes coming off of you. 

I've pudged up in the last month. I'm hoping to start working out again once I settle in. I have a gym membership as part of the first year perks of the new house. Gotta get on that. They offer a lot of classes I'm interested in.

• Options

I would love to join a gym just for some of the classes alone, but I'm lazy and I usually find other ways of working out.

When BF moved in he just had friends help him with stuff, and he rented a truck.  It's great you have friends and family willing to help too. This day is going to be annoying I can feel it, is it 4 yet?

Anniversary

• Options
    Only 7 hours and 21 minutes left!

I want a temporary British accent.
  • Options
    Morning ladies! 

Jen, I'm so excited for your house! I demand more pictures. 

Not much going on here. I'm stuck at work until 5, covering for my asshole coworker, so I'm not happy about that. I have to go shopping (again) for something to wear to a bachelorette party tomorrow night. It's in Atlantic City and I have nothing to wear and I hate shopping right now. I'm supposed to go to dinner with 2 of my friends tonight but it's raining and is supposed to all day and we always all end up bailing on each other when it's raining lol 

• Options
    I never take pictures when we are there. H always does the photographing. I suck like that.

I have nothing to wear either. It always seems harder to find clothes to buy when I actually need new ones. Such pressure.

• Options
    fizzylemonadefizzylemonade member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:27f8433a-d7fc-4d54-962e-a92d500808ebPost:edd61f77-7936-4d52-8dc1-a472a6fbcda0">Re: Friday Chatter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Only 7 hours and 21 minutes left! I want a temporary British accent.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

You can borrow mine...I'll swap for an American accent for a while. It'll be nice not to have to go through the 'ooo you have an accent' spiel every single time I meet someone new. But since BF likes it I'll need it back at some point!

Good luck with the move Jen! I hope the weather cooperates. It's a pita moving in the rain.

I'm watching the clock too. With the mornings getting darker I feel like I haven't woken up yet. It's so dark at work too. I don't have any windows of my own and the light isn't bright enough to make it through the offices to get to me. I want the sun back!
  • Options

This day is already miserable.  I wish I had extra money right now for a clothes shopping spree. 

Rdr- I hate that it's so rainy today, I wish it would stop but I don't think that's happening. For fun sometimes I do talk in a British account, just in groceries stores, or to myself.  It's fun and yes I'm strange.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27f8433a-d7fc-4d54-962e-a92d500808ebPost:13511d82-6bcc-4d71-a1b9-70bf9644e443">Re: Friday Chatter</a>:
    [QUOTE]This day is already miserable.  I wish I had extra money right now for a clothes shopping spree.  Rdr- I hate that it's so rainy today, I wish it would stop but I don't think that's happening. For fun sometimes I do talk in a British account, just in groceries stores, or to myself.  It's fun and yes I'm strange.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

<div>It was soooooooooooo hard to get out of bed this morning. I blame the weather. </div>

• Options
    Happy almost moving day, Jen!

I don't have much going on today, just work.  I'm looking forward to the weekend, even though I don't have any plans.  I just want to do nothing and relax. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27f8433a-d7fc-4d54-962e-a92d500808ebPost:3536c397-7969-4843-963a-2c45033b2655">Re: Friday Chatter</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Chatter : You can borrow mine...I'll swap for an American accent for a while. It'll be nice not to have to go through the 'ooo you have an accent' spiel every single time I meet someone new. But since BF likes it I'll need it back at some point! Good luck with the move Jen! I hope the weather cooperates. It's a pita moving in the rain. I'm watching the clock too. With the mornings getting darker I feel like I haven't woken up yet. It's so dark at work too. I don't have any windows of my own and the light isn't bright enough to make it through the offices to get to me. I want the sun back!
    Posted by fizzylemonade[/QUOTE]

I didn't know you're from Great Britain.  I did a study abroad program in high school and spent like 4-5 months living in York.  It was so much fun!  I didn't think I picked up an accent while I was there but when I got home a ton of strangers kept asking me where I was from and telling me what a unique accent I have.  Now if I am around a group of Brits I can hear myself slipping into a slight accent.  I try not to though, because I don't want them to think I'm mocking their accents or anything. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:27f8433a-d7fc-4d54-962e-a92d500808ebPost:ab5d00d0-e443-4f08-8761-ddfe5b09403e">Re: Friday Chatter</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Chatter : It was soooooooooooo hard to get out of bed this morning. I blame the weather. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Yup. BF and I stayed in bed for an extra 10 min. It's getting colder out and it's so dark in the mornings. Ugh.

Someone enlighten me...what's the deal with you all wanting British accents this morning?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:27f8433a-d7fc-4d54-962e-a92d500808ebPost:ab5d00d0-e443-4f08-8761-ddfe5b09403e">Re: Friday Chatter</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Chatter : It was soooooooooooo hard to get out of bed this morning. I blame the weather. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
    Yep i did not want to wake up this morning.  At least it wasn't cold though.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27f8433a-d7fc-4d54-962e-a92d500808ebPost:13511d82-6bcc-4d71-a1b9-70bf9644e443">Re: Friday Chatter</a>:
    [QUOTE]This day is already miserable.  I wish I had extra money right now for a clothes shopping spree.  Rdr- I hate that it's so rainy today, I wish it would stop but I don't think that's happening. For fun sometimes I do talk in a British account, just in groceries stores, or to myself.  It's fun and yes I'm strange.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]
    Omg I always take on the voice of my audiobooks for my interdialogue voice. Like as long as I am listening to a story, that is how I talk to myself. I dunno if that makes sense. My favorite is The Help.

I dunno whats up with the British accent want. The comment from me was sparked by listening to a live recording of Adele and her saying "thank you' at the end in addition to listening to a J.K. Rowling interview on NPR this morn.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:27f8433a-d7fc-4d54-962e-a92d500808ebPost:371f718a-9224-4a8e-aa64-2bcb033f8483">Re: Friday Chatter</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Chatter : I didn't know you're from Great Britain.  I did a study abroad program in high school and spent like 4-5 months living in York.  It was so much fun!  I didn't think I picked up an accent while I was there but when I got home a ton of strangers kept asking me where I was from and telling me what a unique accent I have.  Now if I am around a group of Brits I can hear myself slipping into a slight accent.  I try not to though, because I don't want them to think I'm mocking their accents or anything. 
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm from just outside Leeds. My family moved to the US a few years ago. Brits think I sound very American, and Americans think I sound British (or Austrlian, or South African, or from Boston, or Chinese). York is a great city. Were you at the University of York or York St John? I've had friends go to both.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27f8433a-d7fc-4d54-962e-a92d500808ebPost:254f5252-7adf-4bfc-8970-a72c70233caf">Re: Friday Chatter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy almost moving day, Jen! I don't have much going on today, just work.  I'm looking forward to the weekend, even though I don't have any plans.  I just want to do nothing and relax. 
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

I'd love to go back to bed. I'm wicked sleepy today.
  • Options
    Fizz, how'd that work moving so late in life?

I moved (NJ to FL, not internationally or anything) in 8th grade (right before high school) and it took me AT LEAST a year to adjust.  I was at least a year ahead in school so I was bored out of my mind, and I mean...I was from NJ.  I move fast.  Took me awhile to find people that could walk and talk as fast as me ;)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27f8433a-d7fc-4d54-962e-a92d500808ebPost:062de720-4abc-4e5d-9b4a-a60cf29a5a7d">Re: Friday Chatter</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Chatter : Yea, I'm from just outside Leeds. My family moved to the US a few years ago. Brits think I sound very American, and Americans think I sound British (or Austrlian, or South African, or from Boston, or Chinese). York is a great city. Were you at the University of York or York St John? I've had friends go to both.

I was at All Saints RC School.  I am not Catholic, so I'm not really sure why this ended up being the school I went to.  My friends and I went shopping in Leeds a few times.  It was so much fun.  Thinking about it makes me really sad that I haven't been back yet.  I loved York. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27f8433a-d7fc-4d54-962e-a92d500808ebPost:062de720-4abc-4e5d-9b4a-a60cf29a5a7d">Re: Friday Chatter</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Chatter : Yea, I'm from just outside Leeds. My family moved to the US a few years ago. Brits think I sound very American, and Americans think I sound British <strong>(or Austrlian, or South African, or from Boston, or Chinese)</strong>. York is a great city. Were you at the University of York or York St John? I've had friends go to both.

Love that. lol
  • Options
    So exciting about the new place, Jen! Congrats! I really want to see pictures once you actually have stuff in it. I am so ready for the weekend. This week has been really stressful, and I'm thrilled that it's almost over.
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Chatter : Yea, I'm from just outside Leeds.
    One of my best friends lives in Leeds. When we were younger, his accent was so thick that I had the HARDEST time understanding him, but we finally saw each other last year for the first time in six or seven years and I found him much easier to understand. No clue how this happened.

I'm just going to doctors appointments today then going to lunch with my dad. I was out really late last night getting Thai food and having a long hookah session with one of my friends -- we spent the entire time gossiping about work because we work in the same company but in different departments (nursing and trial management). It's was awesome, as always.

• Options
    Blue & White - it was the summer after I graduated high school. I ended up delaying college for a few years, I'm in my sophomore year now (I'm 23), but taking a year off is more normal in Europe. It definitely took a while, probably a couple of years, before I could call the US home. There's just so many things to get used to, food, accents, vocabulary, different social customs, driving on the wrong side of the road...etc.

Heather - sorry I missed where you said high school. Leeds has some good shopping, nothing compared to the malls over here though.
  • Options
    Thanks, Elle! I'm sorry you've had to do that. Some people suck though.
  • Options
    Compared to the tiny town in Michigan that I lived in, Leeds had amazing shopping.  I am so glad that I don't live in a small town anymore.

Oh and I forgot to mention, while I was over there everyone guessed wrong about my accent.  I always got asked if I was from France.  One person admitted that they almost complimented me on my use of the English language (assuming that French was my native language).  I guess a lot of people are really bad at recognizing accents!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:27f8433a-d7fc-4d54-962e-a92d500808ebPost:c01d53e3-d639-43f1-85b8-070d96fd3937">Re: Friday Chatter</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Chatter : One of my best friends lives in Leeds. When we were younger, his accent was so thick that I had the HARDEST time understanding him, but we finally saw each other last year for the first time in six or seven years and I found him much easier to understand. No clue how this happened. I'm just going to doctors appointments today then going to lunch with my dad. I was out really late last night getting Thai food and having a long hookah session with one of my friends -- we spent the entire time gossiping about work because we work in the same company but in different departments (nursing and trial management). It's was awesome, as always.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

Yea the yorkshire accent is rather thick and completely not understandable. My brothers had very strong accents, but they've had to Americanize to be understood. When they're drunk though, they slip right back into it. My accent was never as thick, and despite living in Yorkshire all my life they always thought I was from "somewhere down south." And I think you just get used to accents. Suddenly they 'click' and they sound clearer because you know what the sounds mean and you don't have to translate them any more.
  • Options
    Morning ladies...I'm ready for this week to be over. 

Working 15+ hour days = no fun.  FI feels majorly neglected (barely saw him this week other than the few hours sleeping next to him) and I feel guilty as a result of that but end of the traditional fiscal quarter is always terrible for me.

Very, very tired.
  • Options
    minskat- wow that sounds like very long days, hopefully it will calm down once the quarter is over

It is now past noon, just by a few minutes I know, but I more than half way through my work day, so less than 4 hours to go!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    5 hours to go for me. However, I will be mentally checking out in about 3 hours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Friday Chatter:
    [QUOTE]We have recruited some friends and family to help move us. All we rented was a moving truck. Fingers crossed they show up and help ;) [/QUOTE]
    Depending on where you are in the DC area it could be really easy. I just moved (back in April) into the Woodbridge area, when we went to pick up the truck in VA there were some random guys hanging out looking for work. If you have an adventurous spirit like we did we got 2 guys for a 4 hour move for $100....
  • Options
    This board is too quiet today! I need some entertainment to hold me over until I can pick up some moscato and officially start the weekend. Anyone have a good joke? Story? photos? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards