Not Engaged Yet
Options

V-day KUI?

Re: V-day KUI?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_v-day-kui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e4c3e3e-172f-4470-9bfd-b9b726101ba2Post:248d177f-428a-43ab-b100-49980160f606">Re: V-day KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beth: I am a few chapters into 'Into Thin Air' based on your rec (or actually non-rec I guess haha).  I just passed the part where they were staying in the house (room?) with poop everywhere.  That's basically what I got from that part, I am either a child or a man, I'm not really sure.  I feel like there are things I don't understand which could be because I'm not used to reading such heavy books (if that makes sense at all). 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>What is this book you speak of??</div><div>
    </div><div>Beth, thanks :) It took a lot for me to do it. BIg thanks go out to Liv and Bri for helping me with my resume, and cover letter - and especially to Bri for helping kick my ass into doing it. :) </div>
  • Options
    Also, quesadillas, NOMMM. Sorry to hear about the UTI, that sucks.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_v-day-kui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e4c3e3e-172f-4470-9bfd-b9b726101ba2Post:facc2328-5658-4ae6-a12a-76b5455bc0df">Re: V-day KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: V-day KUI? : Absolutely you do! What kind of ice cream? I saved 17 points for dinner.  I had beet salad with goat cheese, filet mignon & garlic mashed potatoes, & I *had to have* <strong>creme brulee</strong> for dessert.  I'm on my 4th glass of pinot noir.  To make my point: I agree F WW TODAY.
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
    Biiiiiiiiiitch.<div>
    </div><div>LOL. Creme brulee is up there as one of my favorite desserts - along with tiramisu, tiramisu cheesecake and cannolis </div><div>
    </div><div>Yaga, that sounds fvcktastical - you totally deserve the foodstuffs </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_v-day-kui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e4c3e3e-172f-4470-9bfd-b9b726101ba2Post:248d177f-428a-43ab-b100-49980160f606">Re: V-day KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beth: I am a few chapters into 'Into Thin Air' based on your rec (or actually non-rec I guess haha).  I just passed the part where they were staying in the house (room?) with poop everywhere.  That's basically what I got from that part, I am either a child or a man, I'm not really sure.  I feel like there are things I don't understand which could be because I'm not used to reading such heavy books (if that makes sense at all). 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

There were a lot of parts I didn't understand. I felt like the writing was kind of rambling at times.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_v-day-kui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e4c3e3e-172f-4470-9bfd-b9b726101ba2Post:17b4ee39-9bbf-450c-9e3d-eee7050b49dd">Re: V-day KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wink: Is this the first he's seen your boudoir photos?! Did he love them? Were you comfortable during the shoot? 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>Grr TK ate my response...</div><div>
    </div><div>It was the first time he'd seen them and he really liked them. </div><div>
    </div><div>I felt comfortable but my friend is a professional photographer (and she took the pics) so that helps!</div>

• Options
    Also: Creme brulee IS THE BEST THING EVARRRR!

Tiramisu comes in second.

• Options
    I'm on my 3rd glass of fake Baileys...eff watching my calories/weight/whatever.

In happy news, BF is starting to do calorie counting and watching his weight and stuff, thinking about what he eats. He's got this cool app on his phone to track things and is working on losing 20ish lbs. I'm really proud of him. :) (also, a total hypocrite apparently lol)
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    Irish: IT'S MY FAVORITE! (yes I'm yelling) Sean makes fun of how I eat mine because I save the darkest, most burnt part of the sugar for last.  I fucking love the burnt sugar.
    The book is called 'Into Thin Air', Beth sort of recommended it.  She said about half way through she was going to come here & tell everyone to read it but then she finished the book & the end made her sick.  Apparently that's code for: "Rachel buy me & read me" so I bought it for my nook & finally just started reading it a couple days ago. 

Beth: Phew. I'm glad I'm not just an idiot.  ITA with you.  He'll go off on a tangent & I get confused thinking I'm just not cut out for books like this. 

• Options
    Yaga, I'd be disgusted too. 

This is why I keep my mugs by my desk... but I'm not in a lab. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_v-day-kui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e4c3e3e-172f-4470-9bfd-b9b726101ba2Post:d3a813ef-47a4-4554-885c-30acbcaba6c0">Re: V-day KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had Ben and Jerry's chocolate ice cream.  I bought brownie mix to make sundaes, but we just went with regular sundaes instead.   Oh would this gross anyone out?  I keep two travel coffee mugs (that look like disposable coffee cups) at work in the break room, on the drying rack.  I wrote my initials on both the cup and the lid because another coworker has one, and I didn't want to take hers home by accident.  Well today, someone was using my travel mug as a regular drinking glass (without the lid on it).  There were other cups/glasses next to where my cup was.  I don't understand.  Then the guy just left the dirty cup on the table in the break room!  There was food and soda all around the lip of the cup.  Gross.  So I soaked it in soap for a while and scrubbed it.  But now I'm keeping them in my desk drawer (in the lab, which is a no-no).   Did I completely overreact?
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hahahahahahahhahahaha 

</div>

• Options
    Wait, Yaga, I'm really bored by your chocolate ice cream. 

• Options
    RDR, yeaaaah - you suck. That sounds amazing right now. 
    Hmmmm.... I like effed up books like that - I might have to go to the library and see if i can get it.

Yaga, yeaaaah I'd be grossed out. I keep my mugs in the cabinet behind my desk
  • Options
    Yaga: That dude sounds creepy. I'd keep my mugs to myself too, lol.

Also, I had ice cream for dinner tonight. Lots of it. With raspberries and strawberries and blueberries and blackberries on top ... and chocolate fudge topping, lol. Gift from FI for V-day. He also got me some potted cala lilies. I told him not to get me anything, but he told me that he doesn't always have to listen to me, lol.

I have no wine, otherwise I would join in on the KUI.

Also, I can't remember what was said about it, but I've never seen Buffy.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Does anyone watch The Walking Dead?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_v-day-kui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e4c3e3e-172f-4470-9bfd-b9b726101ba2Post:f872291c-360c-45b4-9196-22a63e55221d">Re: V-day KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Literally everyone keeps their stuff in the break room where the sink and the fridge and the tea kettle all live.  This guy is weird.  He stared at me when I came in to eat my Cup of Noodles for lunch today.  He also lurks up and down the stairs, which is right by my desk.  
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>Gotta love creepers! Maybe he secretly wants you as a valentine, lol.</div><div>
    </div><div>(kidding! i hope)</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_v-day-kui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e4c3e3e-172f-4470-9bfd-b9b726101ba2Post:4458545e-16d3-47de-b2ae-b63d1ef4cd6b">Re: V-day KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yaga: That dude sounds creepy. I'd keep my mugs to myself too, lol. Also, I had ice cream for dinner tonight. Lots of it. With raspberries and strawberries and blueberries and blackberries on top ... and chocolate fudge topping, lol. Gift from FI for V-day. He also got me some potted cala lilies. I told him not to get me anything, but he told me that he doesn't always have to listen to me, lol. I have no wine, otherwise I would join in on the KUI. Also, I can't remember what was said about it, but I've never seen Buffy.
    Posted by elannis[/QUOTE]

<div>"My" gift was lingerie. I don't own any so this is a first but I'm still not convinced it was "for me" hahahahahaha</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_v-day-kui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e4c3e3e-172f-4470-9bfd-b9b726101ba2Post:a31d3405-83f4-4ea8-93bc-8faad2221b2c">Re: V-day KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone watch The Walking Dead?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

BF and I watch it sometimes. I haven't been keeping up with it though.

• Options
    I'm here and getting caught up (i.e. on my second glass of wine).

FI made awesome surf and turf for dinner. Seriously, it was his best work ever, and he's a pretty darn good cook.

I don't really like creme brulee, ESPECIALLY the burnt sugar part. 

I've never seen Buffy... mostly on purpose because I don't really like SMG.

I've been saying I gave up drinking during the week and desserts until the wedding, but today I had like 10 valentine's day treats and as I mentioned above, am clearly drinking on a weekday. But screw it. You only live once, right?

I <3 Bailey's. And chocolate covered strawberries.

Irish - I also <3 Nashville.

rdr - since I know nothing about WW, is 17 points a lot? What's a 'normal' dinner?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    PS

Ely I am so jealous of your ice cream right now. We have no sweets in the house (for good reason, I eat them all the first day they are here).

rdr Ooh, that's a fun present.

yaga - that would TOTALLY creep me out. I would never drink out of someone else's cup if it was so clearly marked. Or if I absolutely HAD to (for fear of being dehydrated or something), I'd certainly wash it when I was done!!

• Options
    Tiger:  I get 26 points total for the day so for me it's a lot.  I totally still went over my daily points which is good we get 49 extra weekly points :)

I'm not sad you don't like the burnt sugar because that means MORE FOR ME!

• Options
    Hey Buffy virgins, you can watch the entire show for free on Hulu. Just in case you were curious. You have to watch at least 3 episodes before you make up your mind, though! It's a very unique show.

And if you hate it, I'm not sure we can be friends any more.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ely, your dessert sounds amazing 

Tiger: I adore Nashville as well :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_v-day-kui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e4c3e3e-172f-4470-9bfd-b9b726101ba2Post:30a4be89-5235-4987-bae7-0204544a03a2">Re: V-day KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Buffy virgins, you can watch the entire show for free on Hulu. Just in case you were curious. You have to watch at least 3 episodes before you make up your mind, though! It's a very unique show. And if you hate it, I'm not sure we can be friends any more.
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]<div>
    <div>Completely unrelated: I ordered Paula's Choice face stuff last week, it all just arrived yesterday so I've used everything twice & I feel like already see/feel a difference.  It could be wishful/hopeful thinking but I'm really happy so far!</div></div><div>
    </div><div>I got the 'Clear' system (I have oily, acne-prone skin) & a moisturizer also.</div><div>
    </div><div>Thank you so much for the recommendation!</div>

• Options
    Desert: Thanks for the tip! I might have to check it out. I like to listen to shows while I work.

Tiger: We don't normally have dessert in the house either because I eat it too quickly, lol, but he just brought it home tonight. Well actually he brought the fruit and fudge and I suggested we go get ice cream, lol. So yeah. It's all gone now though lol.

rdr: Hmm, yeah, I think the lingerie might be a joint gift lol.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_v-day-kui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e4c3e3e-172f-4470-9bfd-b9b726101ba2Post:30a4be89-5235-4987-bae7-0204544a03a2">Re: V-day KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Buffy virgins, you can watch the entire show for free on Hulu. Just in case you were curious. You have to watch at least 3 episodes before you make up your mind, though! It's a very unique show. And if you hate it, I'm not sure we can be friends any more.
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

<div>Can I just say I don't think I have time in my life for another show? I mean my DVR is full of 30 Rock, The Office, HIMYM, Glee, Smash, Four Weddings and god knows what else. I still want to be friends, though. So you'll have to tell me if this is a deal breaker :)</div>

• Options
    I have an odd string cheese craving. I bought a big giant thing of string cheese on Friday and it's almost gone. Oh dear. 

And now I'm going to make the skinny taste mozz sticks.

That's all I have to add.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_v-day-kui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e4c3e3e-172f-4470-9bfd-b9b726101ba2Post:cffd40f4-a71f-4adb-86de-78cc88ed6785">Re: V-day KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ely, your dessert sounds amazing  Tiger: I adore Nashville as well :)
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

<div>My bestest friend in the world lives there. I NEED to go visit her soon. So fingers crossed that 1) you get it and 2) we get to have an impromptu Nashville G2G</div>

• Options
    Also, I told FI tonight that something like 8 NEY ladies are heading to our house and that we expected him to serve us frosty beverages by the pool. His response? 'Do I need to get ripped?' I said 'Ripped like drunk, or ripped as in your abs?' 

He thought about it for a minute and said 'both.' So you lucky ladies may be getting yourselves an extra nice show as we sun ourselves.... 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_v-day-kui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e4c3e3e-172f-4470-9bfd-b9b726101ba2Post:59716163-0dd7-4560-9c18-85d3f7f3f3ad">Re: V-day KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: V-day KUI? : Completely unrelated: I ordered Paula's Choice face stuff last week, it all just arrived yesterday so I've used everything twice & I feel like already see/feel a difference.  It could be wishful/hopeful thinking but I'm really happy so far! I got the 'Clear' system (I have oily, acne-prone skin) & a moisturizer also. Thank you so much for the recommendation!
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Oooh, exciting! I hope you continue to be happy! I wouldn't be surprised if you do get a couple little breakouts, b/c that generally happens to me when I change products. So if that happens, try to just stick with it another week or so if you can!

I recently gave this moisturizer a try, and it really evened out my skin and made red marks fade.
    <a href="http://www.paulaschoice.com/product/resist-anti-aging-clear-skin-hydrator/anti-aging-resist" rel="nofollow">http://www.paulaschoice.com/product/resist-anti-aging-clear-skin-hydrator/anti-aging-resist</a>

Please keep me updated!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_v-day-kui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e4c3e3e-172f-4470-9bfd-b9b726101ba2Post:363181d5-8b9c-48f3-8581-16ccdbe5e03d">Re: V-day KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: V-day KUI? : Can I just say I don't think I have time in my life for another show? I mean my DVR is full of 30 Rock, The Office, HIMYM, Glee, Smash, Four Weddings and god knows what else. I still want to be friends, though. So you'll have to tell me if this is a deal breaker :)
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

Well, I will confess that my H is not a Buffy fan. And I still married him. So....probably not a deal breaker.

It's definitely a STYLE of show that you have to be able to appreciate, and not everyone enjoys that kind of campy humor.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards