Not Engaged Yet
Options

Ring Update (Longish)

BF talked to Kay and they said since they found the ring there is no way they will give him a refund for it. They are giving him a giftcard for his troubles, as if he wants to continue doing business with them.... Today BF's mom gave him his mail that's still being sent to her house and there was a letter from Kay. BF was not happy. He's told them already he didn't want things being sent to his house. He doesn't want his mom to know and the letters make her ask him what he bought. He also didn't want me seeing anything from them either so he told them no physical mail, phone calls and emails only. It was to invite him to a customer appreciation thing. *shakes head*

After much debate, he showed me the ring he bought making me promise to tell him the absolute truth about it. I love his reasoning behind the ring. It makes me love this ring even though it's not really my style and I hate the heart stone. I judge heart stones. I feel like having a heart stone would be hypocritical. BF said he totally understood that and would look into getting the stone changed and also into other options to see if the ArtCarved one is still a possibility.

He said if he could afford to give this one to me as a promise ring and buy me the ArtCarved one he would do it in a heartbeat and that means more to me than anything.

Oh and I now know that the ring is in the lockbox in our bedroom and it's making me a little crazy. ;)
~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ring Update (Longish)

• Options
    PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I missed the backstory to this, link please?
  • Options
    deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is such a hot mess with Kay. I hate store by the way but I'm just throwing that out there. Lol.

Either way just enjoy what he bought you - if he can end up affording both then great if not you may be stuck with a heart stone (blech! I judge them too) for awhile until you can get it switched. Or you may end up loving it when you see it on your hand everyday.

Either way things will end up with a nice ending; I hope. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Deb, I agree with Dreamer. But what I do think is really sweet is how well you two communicate with each other - and it really shows through all this. And THAT is much more valuable than any ring (heart or not!) :)
  • Options
    Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone else. But also, if I really wanted to return it, there's no way I'd be taking no for an answer. I'd talk to as many people as I had to until they gave me a full refund. Maybe if they had not lost the ring you would've been able to return the ring within the 60 days. That's their fault, not yours. Don't stop at the local store - find a regional manager or something. Consider going to the BBB or at least tell Kay you're considering it.

I mean, it's not Kay's problem that your BF picked out a ring that you might not like, but it IS their fault that he couldn't exchange or return it within the 60 days. They need to address that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I've hated Kay since I was 13 and they IGNORED me when I was a real customer (resizing a ring from my daddy, haha).

Just sayin.  I really hope we don't have anything to do with Kay.  I imagine we won't since the BF's buddy is a jeweler at a local shop.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    coastiegrl25coastiegrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's crazy how Kay's is a top jeweler, and yet I hear so many bad things about them.  I really hope y'all can work it out, I agree with Ana and try your hardest and go to the higher ups about this. 
    When is my wedding
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-update-longish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5596c699-8bde-48ee-9dfe-830594a6722fPost:827f6774-d606-4e10-abe0-c074285e1801">Re: Ring Update (Longish)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with everyone else. But also, if I really wanted to return it, <strong>there's no way I'd be taking no for an answer. I'd talk to as many people as I had to until they gave me a full refund.</strong> Maybe if they had not lost the ring you would've been able to return the ring within the 60 days. That's their fault, not yours. Don't stop at the local store - <strong>find a regional manager or something</strong>. Consider going to the BBB or at least tell Kay you're considering it. I mean, it's not Kay's problem that your BF picked out a ring that you might not like, but <strong>it IS their fault that he couldn't exchange or return it within the 60 days. They need to address that.</strong>
    Posted by Ana_2985[/QUOTE]

Yes, this! Ask them for the contact for their regional manager. If they won't give it to you, call another store in your area and ask them.

Also ditto Bren -- Your respect and love for each other really shines through. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I see happy relationships like yours. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a big fan of Kay's, or any other "chain" ring store for that matter. The only I like is Helzberg.

I hope everything works out, Deburnin!
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-update-longish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5596c699-8bde-48ee-9dfe-830594a6722fPost:2f1a34c3-1f79-4c6e-914d-b6ba6dcd59af">Re: Ring Update (Longish)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Deb, I agree with Dreamer. But what I do think is really sweet is how well you two communicate with each other - and it really shows through all this. And THAT is much more valuable than any ring (heart or not!) :)
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much what I was going to say.  It sounds like you both just really want to make each other happy.  This post actually made me smile a little bit.

I typically judge heart stones, but I promise not to judge yours if that's the one you end up wearing.
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck! That sucks how much Kay is being a royal PITA. I hope it all works out well for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my hatred for Kay Jewlers.  I'd keep calling them until I got my money refunded.  It's not your or FI's fault that they lost the ring.  You have a valid case against them for not being able to return the ring within 60 days.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. It took us a while to get to where we are. Being open about things did not come easily to me at all when we started dating. It was seriously like pulling teeth. lol

Ana- BF said he got that advice else where as well (I'm assuming his own forum) and is going to see what he can do going that route.

Elle- Thanks for the get out of judging free pass. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh.. I HATE Kay's. Boo for your sucky experience!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    Deb, I hope it works out for your BF and you.  Ana said it best when she told you not to take no for an answer.  They're just trying to cover their own butt.  I'm glad that you guys can talk it out.  BTW how's your toe?  We just got a coupe of inches of snow this past weekend and it made me think of you.
  • Options
    deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My toe is doing a little better. I can actually touch the nail without it hurting. wOOt! Stepping on the toe still hurts a lot, but we still have a few more weeks till KB opens so I'm hoping it will be even better by then! *fingers crossed*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards