Not Engaged Yet
Options

*facepalm*

Someone that BF knows from school got engaged over the weekend. She's been dating the guy for all of a week. A week. And people are pouring their congratulations on FB, and no one seems to be addressing the elephant in the room.

Maybe I'm just being a brat, but this kind of thing infuriates me. Bah humbug.

Re: *facepalm*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LMAO

That's hilarious. I'm sorry, I don't know what else to do but laugh.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry.  I'm betting in another week, her status will change to "It's complicated".  Also, I'm sure at least *some* of the congratulations are from people who don't know her well enough to KNOW she's a lunatic.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't help that she announced it by saying "I'M OFFICIALY ENGAGED!!!!!!eleventyexclaimationpoints." I'm not friends with her on FB, but I saw her profile through BF's and it's sickening.

BF did not congratulate her.
  • Options
    deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow...
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that people often congratulate in public and then talk behind that person's back. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in agreement w/ Mutley, as usual.
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a moron.  I feel sorry for her...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm wondering about the guy, too.
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mutley has a good point. A week..just..wow. This is the future for our society huh..DOOMED. People amuse me at times..
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I fail to see the problem with this situation.

Wink
  • Options
    deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did they just meet a week ago? Or have they been friends who just decided to start dating? My brain is still just going wow.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    wow...people's stupidity amuses me.  i imagine that 90% of the people that said congratulations are really like "wtf?".   it sounds wrong, but the best thing that could probably happen to her is to start planning a really expensive wedding with lots of non-refundable deposits, only to cancel it a few months later. maybe on her next relationship she'll think twice before getting engaged after ONE WEEK. lol.  although wedding announcements are the stupidest things i've seen on FB.

one of my friends from high school just found out she was preggo again (this will be the first one she is actually keeping though) and posted on her FB "OMG i'm having a baby. gross"  and people sounded so excited for her.  really?  anytime i see someone using the word "gross" to descibe their situation, "congratulations" isn't the first word that comes to mind...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea of the situation. All I know is that BF said, "Remember that chick? Yeah, she's been going out with the dude for a week and posted on FB that she's engaged."

Undecided
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wowsa!
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • Options
    PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, wow. I wonder if she's preggo.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Buwah!
    Don't you know that when you hit the 1 week mark  everyone knows that it is true love and they are going to be together FOREVER!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_facepalm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5c9c26c5-c5b5-410e-9ce0-6dfab5416153Post:429294a0-eefb-4b94-b3c5-cd2b186c181f">Re: *facepalm*</a>:
    [QUOTE]I fail to see the problem with this situation.
    Posted by katanne9[/QUOTE]

I just lost it.  FI has no reason why I'm laughing uncontrollably.  Thank you, Kat.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_facepalm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5c9c26c5-c5b5-410e-9ce0-6dfab5416153Post:07bbb230-6f40-44b6-8411-1111fd9bef46">Re: *facepalm*</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that people often congratulate in public and then talk behind that person's back. 
    Posted by **Mutley**[/QUOTE]

THIS.

We have a friend who recently got engaged to a girl that no one likes (but everyone is nice to her face for his sake, except FI and I who have a very valid reason to dislike her and just ignore her like she's not even there).  They dated for a few months before he went overseas, so the "honeymoon" part of the relationship.  She spent her Spring Break (because of course she's still in college - 22, and this is her second engagement) with him in Germany (holy vacation Batman...of course they're not going to fight at all), and he came back for a 3 week R&R, of which he spent one week with his friends, one week with family, and one week with her.  During the 1 week with her (again, another "honeymoon" period) he proposed.

Everyone offered congratulations on FB, and then talked SO MUCH SH!T about them behind their backs.  We can't believe he proposed to her.  Sure, technically they've been dating for a year, but most of that year they've been in separate COUNTRIES and have spent next to zero time together outside of "honeymoon" periods.  When he gets back (in October of this year), they still won't even live in the same city.  She has to finish school, and they're getting married shortly after her graduation.  They will be able to be together on a regular basis during her school holidays and the two months between graduation and the wedding.  Enough time to get to know someone?  Maybe, but I somehow doubt it.  He still doesn't get why all his friends dislike her, and it's because he hasn't been around her long enough to actually KNOW her, while we've all been dealing with her on a continuous basis and have seen her true colors. 

Ugh.  Sorry, sore spot.  Like I said, FI and I hate this girl and did before she started dating our friend.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    breezerbbreezerb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Huge facepalm... the beauty of human beings, as loud spoken as they are is that someone is eventually going to say something...

in fact, let's all hope she comes on here and we can verbally belittle her...

ooopss... that's my "elephant in the room" I call jealousy... bahaha...all the talking that happens behind my back is in regards to the lack of proposal...

I give this one a month tops... or until someone gives her a bigger diamond
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

*No pony, no I do!*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards