Not Engaged Yet

Hump Day

2»

Re: Hump Day

• edited December 2011
    1. How do you feel about bowling?
    I love bowling! However, we haven't gone in a year or so.

2. How are you celebrating the 4th of July/Canada Day?
    Puppy sitting and probably hanging out at FI's

3. Team Edward or Team Jacob? Or are you anti-Twi?
    Taylor is pretty darn cute so I'll go with Jacob. I no nothing about the series and can't understand what is so attractive about Robert Pattenson.

4. Where is an inexpensive place to buy curtains? (Haha! This is for ME!)
    Target. TJ Maxx, Homegoods, Bed Bath and Beyond? IDK

5. Explain to me how it's already July tomorrow.
    I have no clue considering I've been inside working the entire summer

6. Tell me something new:
    FI's mom dropped her new iPhone and the screen shattered. Apple and AT&T basically told her tough sh!t and it would be $200 to fix. After an hour on the phone with about 6 different people/places, FI confused the guy into exchanging it once a new shipment comes in.
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Hazel, what is this 5 pin bowling that you speak of?

I'm not great at it by any means but a group of friends and some beers makes it a lot of fun.  We usually have a deck of cards and for every strike or spare you get you pick a card... at the end of the game you compare hands and whoever has the best hand gets $1 and the person or team with the worst hand buys beers!  We usually play couples teams and BF is good enough to balance my shiitiness out and we do well!  :)

BF and I are going "camping" at my dad's place.  We're making a drink called "liquid dope" and just relaxing all weekend... it is very much needed after all this moving and stuff we've been doing!

I wouldn't say anti, I've thought about reading the books since I've heard they are great, but never have and have no desire to see the movies at this point.

4. Where is an inexpensive place to buy curtains? (Haha! This is for ME!)

Target, Walmart or IKEA are good.  If you don't mind hunting through stuff for deals check out TJ Maxx, Home Goods, Burlington, Conway or Big Lots (if you have those near by).

I have no idea but I swear time is going by faster and faster everyday!

Just found out that my exH who was engaged broke off his engagement.  He called to ask me about if his insurance covered couseling and I said I don't know but the church (we all go to the same one) has pre-marital counseling.  He said "well, we aren't together so I'm looking for my own personal couseling" and I said oh sorry, I didn't know.  He said "yeah we were having a lot problems and I realized that I'm not over my past with you or my parents divorce".  I was totally caught off guard and while I am over him and don't really care about his personal life I do want him to be a stable parent for my son.  I told him that I think that his biggest issue is with his parents divorce (they divorced when he was in junior high and it was ugly) and that I think that counseling would be a good thing for him.  My parents divorced when I was barely 2 years old, maybe not even and I do not remember them being together, living together or fighting with each other.  All of my memories of them are of them living seperate lives and getting along, thankfully.  All around an odd conversation that I did not expect to have with him, now or ever. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hump-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5cea7022-d346-48ce-bfbb-9d73bab704b8Post:3df08887-125d-45dc-bd8e-72e8cbb5f25a">Re: Hump Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hazel, what is this 5 pin bowling that you speak of?
    Posted by dwest2201[/QUOTE]

Well, it has 5 pins and it is played with a smaller bowling ball (no finger holes). According to wikipedia it is a bowling variant only played in Canada.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hump-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5cea7022-d346-48ce-bfbb-9d73bab704b8Post:606d33d8-4a01-4089-8ad5-4275e6a19c1c">Re: Hump Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hump Day : Well, it has 5 pins and it is played with a smaller bowling ball (no finger holes). According to wikipedia it is a bowling variant only played in Canada.
    Posted by Hazel_B[/QUOTE]

That would be why I've never heard of it.  Interesting.  I will have to add that to my list of things to do the next time I go to Canada!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    5 pin is so much fun!!! We used to do it in University.  Make sure you have a few beers - or you're at an alley that allows you to drink while playing.  Fond memories...

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I'm late to the party, but it's still Wednesday for me.

I used to bowl league. That's how I met BF. When we first met, I was better than him, but now he's much better than me. *sigh*

It's my dad's 70th birthday, so he wants to go to San Francisco.

I read all the books, but have never seen any of the movies. By the end, I was team "slap Bella upside the head."

4. Where is an inexpensive place to buy curtains?

Mine are from Walmart. They're surprisingly nice (fully lined!).

This June has gone by so fast, and the weather here has been crazy, alternating between spring and summer temperatures.

I was at Petsmart tonight to get cat food for our feral and a rescue group was there with the cutest bunch of two and three-month old kittens. There were about eight of them running, pouncing, wrestling, climbing, and just being adorable! The guy from the rescue was nice and let me come inside and play with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards