Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday Accountability

2»

Re: Monday Accountability

• Options
    edited January 2013
    peek - maybe for you, consuming around 1400 would work, and then take into account exercise...

but I can't imagine consuming only 1000...  I would be so sad.  I just love food too much, and I've found that I need to eat anywhere between 1250-1350 cals a day to be satisfied.  and I need protein and fat.  if that is working for you, then that's great, but most doctors and professionals agree that less than approx. 1200 cals CONSUMED (not net) on a consistent basis is not healthy.  again, I'm not judging you because some days I come up a little short of 1200.  and that's okay, occasionally.  you know yourself better than I do, of course, but generally anything less than a consistent 1200+ is not recommended.

I hope I covered myself there.  NOT JUDGING.  NOT JUDGING.  NOT JUDGING.  :)

ETA:  <3 hug to rdr.
    ETA:  heather - i2i!  I had the same thoughts.  :)
  • Options
    MFP doesn't recommend eating less than 1200 calories a day, and if you do, it yells at you. (Which it should - 1200 cals is what your body needs to just function normally.)  However, exercising to get your net below 1200 is fine, calorie-wise, but I've found that doing a lot of exercise means I need to eat more often, so I'd usually throw in an extra yogurt or string cheese or whatever to give me more energy.  The net of 1200 calories still put me on track to lose weight.

I'm currently trying to navigate new dietary restrictions (can only eat small meals, 7-8 per day) so I'm back on MFP, but only maintaining right now until I get used to what I'm doing.  I've lost about 5 pounds since September due to my stomach flipping out, too, so I'm less worried about losing weight.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-accountability-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6264223e-1bf0-4145-a989-19954b58354fPost:f51877db-6d07-443e-b2b4-464e0eb0e12d">Re: Monday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]peek - maybe for you, consuming around 1400 would work, and then take into account exercise... but I can't imagine consuming only 1000...  I would be so sad.  I just love food too much, and I've found that I need to eat anywhere between 1250-1350 cals a day to be satisfied.  and I need protein and fat.  if that is working for you, then that's great, but most doctors and professionals agree that less than approx. 1200 cals CONSUMED (not net) on a consistent basis is not healthy.  again, I'm not judging you because some days I come up a little short of 1200.  and that's okay, occasionally.  you know yourself better than I do, of course, but generally anything less than a consistent 1200+ is not recommended. I hope I covered myself there.  NOT JUDGING.  NOT JUDGING.   NOT JUDGING.   :)
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

<div>No, it's totally fine.  I legitimately have issues where I actually forget to eat.  And then some days I'll eat like 4 hamburgers and call it dinner.  I need to pull it together.  I guess I'm going to have to start doing 400-500 calorie lunches.  I don't do breakfast well, so the two eggs and greek yogurt is perfect for me, and I think I do reasonably well with dinner.  We usually try and stick to lean protein (chicken or fish, occasionally we'll have steak), veggies, plus a starch (either rice, gf pasta, or potatoes).  I've been trying to stick with fruit and veggies as snack food.  So I guess I just need to plan my lunches better.  </div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I just read this recently and thought it was really helpful.  Just wanted to pass it along in case anyone else found it helpful.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was feeling fancy today so I decided to try a new workout DVD.  For those of you who like dance/ballet stuff, I highly recommend it.  It's calle "Xtend Barre: Lean and Chiseled" with Andrea Rogers.  It's a great workout and I didn't spend the whole time checking the clock which is a first haha
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm taking a nutrition class this semester just for fun and we need to track our food and exercise using a website that I had never heard of before.  If anyone is interested, it is at www.supertracker.usda.gov/foodtracker and it lets you create your profile, etc.  Each day, it provides a graph with empty calories as well as what percentage of carbs, protein, etc you have consumed in reference to what is recommended for your weight, gender, age, etc.  It also logs exercise and is really easy to use.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards