Not Engaged Yet

I love Etsy (PIP)

I spent waaaay too much time on Etsy looking for wedding jewelry.

I ended up buying these earrings:

I couldn't find a necklace I liked, so I made a sketch and sent it to the person I bought the earrings from, asking if she could make me a necklace. Unfortunately, she's located in Japan, and her shop is temporarily closed because of the earthquake and tsunami.

I was very surprised to get a prompt reply that she was sorry she couldn't help me. The flowers used in the earrings above come with posts attached, and she doesn't solder. I asked if she could just sell me the materials, since FI can solder it for me. This lady is so wonderful...she sent me the flowers and pearls for free! It wasn't a large quantity, but I would have gladly paid for the parts.

I've never made jewelry before, so it might take me awhile, but I'll post pics once it's done. Anyway, I just wanted to share an awesome Etsy story. Service like that will always make me return (plus I love her jewelry). If anyone is interested--bearing in mind that she hasn't reopened yet--it's Eminjewelry.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/eminjewelry

Here's my sketch, so you can see what I plan to make:

Re: I love Etsy (PIP)

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Those earrings are beautiful and the necklace you designed looks like it wll complement them nicely. So glad the etsy shop owner was so accomodating, especially at such a difficult time for her!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is awesome. Let us know how it goes (and PIP!)
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Those are beautiful earrings, and I'm sorry to hear that the lady had to close her shop temporarily.  But it was very nice of her to send you the materials for free. Can't wait to see what the necklace looks like!
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Those earrings are very pretty! That's so nice that she responded quickly, and sent you the parts for free. :)
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • edited December 2011
    Those earrings are so pretty! That was so sweet of her to send the parts for free, especially having been affected by the tsunami.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards