Not Engaged Yet

Getting to know yooouu.

Re: Getting to know yooouu.

• Lurked for a while,first time poster :)
    Screen Name: 
    Significant Other's Age: 35
    What You Do: Student/looking for a job
    What SO Does: Marketing/drummer
    State of Relationship: BF/GF
    How Long You've Been Together: just shy of 6 months
    How You Met: online dating
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):
    Real Babies: none,and I do hope that changes in the next 3 years!
    Fur Babies: None,as we don't live together yet.
    Loves: reading,shopping,Internet surfing,cooking and chocolate
    Hates: gaining weight and having to diet,stress from school/life and being apart from my so
    Pet Peeves: when people don't respect boundaries with me or my relationship,people giving me an attitude about my life choices
    Hobbies/Activities: Cooking,windows shopping,sleeping
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He respect me as I am and loves me for who I am,faults and all.He shows me that he loves me with actions and he puts me first.He's not scared to talk about any topic,not even serious ones like our future together.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He berates himself about his weight and appareance quite often,and is less confident than he seems,and it saddens me because he doesn't deserve such harsh criticism.
    Describe Your Personality: I can be shy at first,as I have self esteem issues,but once I get comfortable with you,I get sassy,I have a dirty sense of humor and pretty much no filter between my brain and my mouth.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 8/9 I think
    I've Been On TK Since: First post!lurked a couple weeks.
    How You Came to Be On TK: I read about it on another board.
    How I like my potatoes: mashed,with any creamy cheese.Or even just mashed.
    Favorite book/author: Alice in Wonderland
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:I'm as clumsy as it gets.I always have bruises on arms and legs,and most times I have no idea how I got them lol

• Screen Name: ebonythejoi
    Significant Other's Age: 39
    What You Do: Registered Nurse (Student Nurse Practitioner)
    What SO Does: IT Consultant
    State of Relationship: Seriously dating. Talking about marriage often.
    How Long You've Been Together: 5 months
    How You Met: Match.com :)
    Fur Babies: Dolce is a Yorkie. She is 7 years old.
    Loves: My Dolce Girl
    Hates: Mean people/Bullies
    Pet Peeves: 
    Hobbies/Activities: Texas HoldEm
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's soooo cute!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His frugality ugh
    Describe Your Personality: I'm an extroverted introvert :-P
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 4/5
    I've Been On TK Since: Today! This is my first post although I've been lurking for years.
    How You Came to Be On TK: Idk how to answer this....
    How I like my potatoes: Baked, butter, sour cream, salt & pepper
    Favorite book/author: The Lovely Bones
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: 5 years ago I never cared whether or not I would get married, now I find myself thinking about it more than I should :-/
  • CcyCCcyC member
    First Comment

Hello internet stranger!  Tell us a bit about yourself.  Try to stick around.

Screen Name: CcyC
    Significant Other's Age: 28
    What You Do: Entrepreneur (I actually cater events and bake wedding cakes... among other food-related stuff)
    What SO Does: Entrepreneur in IT
    State of Relationship: Dating
    How Long You've Been Together: 13 years next month.
    How You Met: High school
    Real Babies: None
    Fur Babies: None
    Loves:  Mmm... food, books, sarcasm...
    Hates: People, but not too much.
    Pet Peeves: Planning on business ideas, buying useless stuff on eBay.
    Hobbies/Activities: Not many... hanging out with BF.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can ALWAYS make me laugh, even when I'm raging mad.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can ALWAYS make me laugh, specially when I'm raging mad.
    Describe Your Personality: Antisocial with a side of charming.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Fluctuates between 3 and 11.
    I've Been On TK Since: 1 month ago, March 2015.
    How You Came to Be On TK: Page 1 million of a Google search about reason to/to not get married.
    How I like my potatoes: Every possible imaginable way, but I must loose weight so none for a month then all of them all at once.
    Favorite book/author: Mmm... tough one. I have three that I can't really categorize: Little Women, Pride and Prejudice, and Rich Dad Poor Dad.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've wanted to get into politics since I was 6 years old.

• baileyadbaileyad member
    First Comment
    edited May 2015
    Screen Name: baileyad
    Significant Other's Age: 24
    What You Do: Animal Care Attendant at a dog daycare/still trying to figure out my career
    What SO Does: Equipment Operator
    State of Relationship: Dating - planning to be engaged by the end of this year
    How Long You've Been Together: 5 1/2 years
    How You Met: He was friends with my ex-bf
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): I guess we will have to wait and see
    Real Babies: None!
    Fur Babies: Two pugs named Diesel (5yrs) and Boo(9ish yrs), and a bearded dragon named Waffles
    Loves: Reading, camping, kayaking, animals of all kinds, horseback riding, Netflix
    Hates: cold weather, mean people
    Pet Peeves: people that walk reallllllly slow
    Hobbies/Activities: Crochet, kayaking, camping
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He always knows how to make me smile
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's afraid to try new things, which makes going to new places difficult
    Describe Your Personality: Introvert, compassionate, and I can be quite funny once you get to know me
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depends on my mood
    I've Been On TK Since: I've lurked for a couple weeks
    How You Came to Be On TK: I follow TK on Instagram!
    How I like my potatoes: French fries, baked, or cooked in the oven with olive oil and spices. I loveeeeeee potatoes (just not mashed. Yuck.)
    Favorite book/author: Hard question! My all time fave is probably Anne of Green Gables
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I spend all my free time learning about animals. All my friends/family come to me for advice about their pets
  • edited May 2015
    Screen Name: knockonwood5127
    Significant Other's Age: 23
    What You Do: High School Math Teacher
    What SO Does: Firefighter/Paramedic
    State of Relationship: Living together, NEY
    How Long You've Been Together: Over a year, living together almost a year
    How You Met: At a bar
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): none yet, hopefully summer 2016
    Fur Babies: Dog (Ryleigh, pug) and horse (Woody, TB)
    Loves: math, horses, family, teaching
    Hates: violence, laziness
    Pet Peeves: links to websites that no longer exist? I'm sure there are others...
    Hobbies/Activities: teaching, riding horses
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: how close he is with his family and my family
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: occasionally cranky? but who isn't... I had to pick something!
    Describe Your Personality: laid-back, organized, motivated
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2
    I've Been On TK Since: randomly browsing through articles, only lurking on discussion boards recently
    How You Came to Be On TK: 
    How I like my potatoes: all kinds! mostly my mom's mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving!
    Favorite book/author: Nicholas Sparks, my favorite is one that has not been made into a movie (The Guardian)
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am the oldest of 5 siblings!
  • MissBanana92MissBanana92 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2015
    Screen Name: Knottie46205876... Call me Hannah, though
    Significant Other's Age: 21
    What You Do: Technical Writer (my primary job) and Secretary at my Alma Mater part time
    What SO Does: Student right now, but working towards a Youth Pastorate
    State of Relationship: NEY, not living together
    How Long You've Been Together: Friends for almost 3 years, dating almost 2.
    How You Met: At school
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): hopefully May 2016
    Fur Babies: I have 2 beagles... Zoose and Zack. He has none... #apartmentlife 
    Loves: history, my doggies, music, family, COFFEE!!!
    Hates: seafood...?
    Pet Peeves: I'm very traditional, so a lack of etiquette?
    Hobbies/Activities: surfing the web, playing piano, baking
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: his sense of humor and how he takes good care of me
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: uhhh.... Can't think of anything, really... He's pretty great. Maybe the way he looks when his hair gets too long...? Is that an acceptable answer?
    Describe Your Personality: laid-back, introverted, dry sense of humor
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 4-6 depending on the day.
    How You Came to Be On TK: I've known about the website for several years. I joined last year when we started getting serious. Baaaad idea.... Too many pretty dresses, lol.
    How I like my potatoes: Any way you fix them!
    Favorite book/author: Bodie Thoene... Any books involving WWII Historical Fiction are awesome.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I was the first to graduate from my college with no college credits being transferred from another institution.
  • Hi I am new here!

Screen Name: OcAlana85
    Significant Other's Age: 31
    What You Do: I was teaching preschool but im job hunting now after graduating college!
    What SO Does: Sheet Metal Construction and Retail Supervisor
    State of Relationship: Living together
    How Long You've Been Together: Almost 4 years
    How You Met: Online/iPhone App
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): N/A
    Real Babies: None yet
    Fur Babies: Ginger- Golden Retriever and Buster- Miniature Dachshund
    Loves: The Beach, Cooking/Baking, Pinterest, Movies, Shopping
    Hates: Roller Coasters, Heights, Chocolate Candy
    Pet Peeves: When *someone* leaves an empty TP roll on the roller, Dirty laundry put on top of clean laundry piles...
    Hobbies/Activities: Cooking/Baking, Writing, Reading
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He plays hockey! Oh and he is a hunky sweetheart.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is stubborn and has a short fuse LOL
    Describe Your Personality: Happy go lucky, easy going, hyper and funny
    I've Been On TK Since: On and off since 2011
    How You Came to Be On TK: We started talking engagement early on and hes yet to ask but recently said start getting ideas so here I am!
    How I like my potatoes: Augratin

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I count my calorie intake for fun and I have lost 15lbs in the last 6 weeks from it!

• Hello!

Screen Name: casey1219
    Significant Other's Age: 25
    What You Do: Kindergarten teacher
    What SO Does: Construction/Flooring
    How Long You've Been Together: 1 year and 4 months
    How You Met: My mamaw saw him at church and thought he was just wonderful. (He is.) I went to her church and saw him. Instantly decided she was correct. I could give a long drawn out story, but the summarized version... We would have met regardless, because before my mamaw set us up, the husband of a lady I teach with knew BF, and decided we would be a good fit for each other.
    Real Babies: N/A
    Fur Babies: He has a dog, Tex. I have a sweet Yorkiepoo, Smokey... I'm obsessed with my dog.
    Loves: Movies, music, Netflix marathons, cooking/baking, teaching my littles
    Hates: Closed spaces, laziness
    Pet Peeves: People who take too long to order in a drive-thru. Seriously, just go in. (Yes, I know this is ridiculous, but it makes me crazy.)
    Hobbies/Activities: Cooking/baking, teaching, singing
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is
    so passionate about things he wants to do. When he wants to learn/do something, he puts forth all his time and effort to accomplish something. Also, he is extremely selfless. I've seen him sacrifice a lot of his time and energy for people who don't deserve it, but he gives of himself freely. LOVE that about him.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's so hard on himself. I suppose it comes from being so passionate and wanting to succeed. He never gives himself enough credit.
    Describe Your Personality: I've been told I'm bubbly. I'm easily excited, and I believe that there is good in everyone/everything for the most part. However, I also have a very sassy/sarcastic side of my personality. 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depends on the day and who I'm around. ;)
    I've Been On TK Since: A year, maybe? Not totally sure.
    How You Came to Be On TK: Getting wedding ideas for the future.
    How I like my potatoes: Matters not. If there's a potato in a dish, I'm probably going to eat it. Love potatoes. My favorite way to eat them is mashed, though.
    Favorite book/author: I can't narrow it down to just one. I love to read.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm a straight up movie buff. I speak movie quotes fluently lol.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Screen Name: doeydo
    What Do You Do: Student
    What SO Does: Student
    How Long You've Been Together: Offically, about 3 months
    How You Met: Online, we talked a lot and just couldn't get enough of each other.
    Wedding Date: Not applicable.
    Real Babies: None and we don't plan on having any.
    Fur Babies: I have two female cats. Their names are Maggie and Cali.
    Loves: Movies, sweets, animals, shopping, cruising the internet.
    Hates: bigots, meanness, and some vegetables (such as peas and asparagus).
    Pet Peeves: Inconsiderate things like not putting the divider down when you are done putting your groceries are all up on the conveyor belt and standing in the way of the person behind you.
    Hobbies/Activities: watching movies, reading, walking, swimming.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Her kindness and understandingness.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: She lives a few hours away from me.
    Describe Your Personality: Shy, introverted, goofy.
    Snark Level: Abouta 3, depending on my mood and what it is regarding.
    I've Been On TK Since: October 2012 and posting regularly since Summer 2013.
    How I Came to Be on TK: I was engaged before (we never married) and was looking for advice and fun planning stuff.
    How I Like My Potatoes: Almost any way, french fries would be my favorite though, I think.
    Favorite Book/Author: The Book of Energies/Mitch Albion.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm a movie buff.
  • Screen Name: BethBakes
    Significant Other's Age: 22
    What You Do: Sales coach/ support for a salon chain and beauty distributor
    What SO Does: Retail Assistant Manager
    State of Relationship: dating
    How Long You've Been Together: 6 years 
    How You Met: Through friends
    Real Babies: Not Yet! 
    Fur Babies: We have a furry cat demon named Max
    Loves: Baking, kittehs, movies
    Hates: Rudeness
    Pet Peeves: Placing large orders at the drive thru at places like Panera or Starbucks in the morning >:(
    Hobbies/Activities: baking, painting, knitting, Netflix/ Trash TV binging
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is the most loving and supportive person in my life and he puts up with all my nonsense. 
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He leaves half empty cans/ bottles of soda EVERYWHERE. Throw them away! And pick up your socks while you're at it! 
    Describe Your Personality: out going, bubbly, homebody
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I'd say about a 5 normally, but it depends 
    How You Came to Be On TK: I've lurked on and off for awhile now, decided recently to become a more active member. 

How I like my potatoes: Do I have to pick one?
    Favorite book/author: I am an avid chick lit reader ...please don't judge me
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have incredibly vivid and strange dreams. Like all the time. I almost always remember them in the morning as well. 
  • I've been here before and filled this out before, but here it is again.

Screen Name: wink0erin
    Significant Other's Age: 29
    What You Do: Accounting (Utility regulation/audit)
    What SO Does: Accounting (research)
    How Long You've Been Together: Few months
    How You Met: A guy I was sort of seeing (but not dating) introduced us at a bar we were watching basketball at... at the time BF had a GF so we just chatted a bit. Flash forward a couple months and we started talking (he was single by then, and I was still 'meh' with the mutual friend). We hit it off immediately, but when he asked me out I panicked and made him wait almost a month before I said ok. Best part is now that me and BF are together, we still hit up football games with the friend that introduced us.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Not even on the radar.
    Real Babies: Nope
    Fur Babies: Nope
    Loves: Coffee, the great outdoors
    Hates: Spiders, mushrooms
    Pet Peeves: People who don't do their work and then complain about how busy they are
    Hobbies/Activities: Travel, hiking, arts and crafts
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's the most genuinely sweet guy I have ever met, and is funny, laid back, and super cute.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Poor guy always thinks the worst is going to happen.
    Describe Your Personality: Laid back yet also outgoing.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Medium high snark... 7?
    I've Been On TK Since: 2011
    How You Came to Be On TK: I don't even remember!
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed
    Favorite book/author: My favorite books have been dystopian... 1984, Fahrenheit 451... but I gotta say I freakin love Harry Potter.
    About Yourself: Lost my leg to cancer when I was 13. Finished my masters degree earlier this year and the rest of the year has been spent traveling, working like crazy, and being as active as possible without pushing myself too much.

• ChelleJayneChelleJayne member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    Screen Name: ChelleJayne
    Significant Other's Age: 26
    What You Do: I work in an administration position for the city I live in  
    What SO Does: He works for the Parks Dept. for same said city
    State of Relationship: Engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: 2.5 years
    How You Met: We first met when we were 16. He was more interested in his car at that time. Fast forward 8 years, we saw each other at a car show. We have been inseparable ever since.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): November 12, 2016
    Real Babies: None yet
    Fur Babies: 1 cat, Morrigan
    Loves: Cars, Nascar, getting my hair & nails done, Sims 4, NY Giants Football
    Hates: Mushrooms & stupid people
    Pet Peeves: Hearing people chew, turn signals being left on for too long, and lots more. 
    Hobbies/Activities: I belong to a non-profit that gives a hand up, not a hand out, to women in need within the city I live in. We are a last resort.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: How big his heart it, his kindness and his understanding.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can't drop a subject, good or bad. He dwells on it for long periods of time and keeps talking about it.
    Describe Your Personality: Optimistic, non-morning person
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 8
    I've Been On TK Since: May 2015
    How You Came to Be On TK: I got engaged and had no idea where to start.
    How I like my potatoes: Twice baked
    Favorite book/author: Diana Gabaldon
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm the youngest of 4 & I am full of useless information because of how much I read.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ooooh, I wanna play!

Screen Name: QueenOfGlitz
    What You Do: Production Control Specialist
    What SO Does: Painter/Home Improvement
    How Long You've Been Together: 6-7 months
    How You Met: Through a mutual friend! :)
    Real Babies: 0
    Fur Babies: 1
    Loves: Roller Skating, Cats, Glitter, Anime, Videogames
    Hates: Chinese food
    Pet Peeves: Chewing really loudddd
    Hobbies/Activities: Video games, Roller Skating
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His big heart
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: How heavy he sleeps
    Describe Your Personality: Quirky, fun, happy
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5 maybe?
    I've Been On TK Since: Maybe a month?
    How You Came to Be On TK: Looking for an awesome community to share things with
    How I like my potatoes: ... This is asked so much here. Mashed or baked - with cheese and sour cream. Now I want potatoes.

image.

Favorite book/author: Favorite author is Susane Colasanti or Richelle Mead 
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I used to read two books a day

Crazy Fur-Mom to 1.
    "She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten."

• edited December 2015
    Screen Name: Lal23
    What You Do: Social Media Advertising
    What SO Does: Warehouse Management
    State of Relationship: Boyfriend/ Girlfriend
    How Long You've Been Together: 1 year 9 months
    How You Met: Working overnights together
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): possibly September 2016
    Real Babies: none yet!
    Fur Babies: my family and I have a cat, he is allergic :-1: 
    Loves: Singing in the car, resale stores, organizing things that aren't mine.
    Hates: Adults who don't know no means no.
    Pet Peeves: Impatient people
    Hobbies/Activities: Catching up with friends, hanging out with my sister, spending time with my boyfriend.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's so sincere and patient, has never been rude or disrespectful, makes me laugh, understands my needs, surprises me. And he's got great hair!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He spends too much time looking for movies/cds/records to buy, and more money than he should on those things!
    Describe Your Personality: Pretty Type A I guess. If I set a goal for myself, I like to achieve it ASAP. When I don't have any imminent goals in mind I'm a witty joke-cracking short-tempered girl. I sound kind of annoying when I describe myself! haha.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): In my mind? 9-10. To the world? 1.
    I've Been On TK Since: This is my first day going through and editing my preferences and such! Used it as a search tool when searching for venues a couple months back.
    How You Came to Be On TK: Figured I'd need expert advice from experienced ladies while planning my wedding!
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed! just ate some! :smiley: 
    Favorite book/author: PC Cast House of Night series. they're Young Adult books but they're addicting!
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I hate this question... Well, I was only born with 1 wisdom tooth? Hope that's interesting enough!

• I've been active lately on here so I figured I should post in here!

Screen Name: Jax43615 (my dog's name is Jax. The #s are an old zipcode)

Significant Other's Age:

What You Do: Assistant manager at a cupcake shop/student (culinary/baking)

What SO Does: Works at a hospital's warehouse

State of Relationship:
    engaged

How Long You've Been Together: 3.5
    years

How You Met:
    Met in the US Coast Guard 

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 5/20/2017

Real Babies:
    He has a 5-year old daughter

Fur Babies:
    Jax (dog), Khaleesi, Drogo, Arya, Sandor (all cats)

Loves:
    Reading, baking, playing chess, doing thing outdoors, exercise

Hates:
    holes in my socks

Pet Peeves: co-workers half-assing simple tasks

Hobbies/Activities:
    Reading, binge-watching TV shows with FI, coloring

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is absolutely the funniest person I've ever known

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He doesn't listen sometimes even after I've gotten his attention or repeated myself

Describe Your Personality:
    Introvert, creative, quiet, ambitious

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):
    3ish probably

I've Been On TK Since:
    Idk...I made an account a while ago, but have been pretty active the last few months

How You Came to Be On TK: I was engaged before and created the account

How I like my potatoes:in my face 

Favorite book/author: Harry Potter series, The Town That Forgot How to Breathe, Stephen King

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I was in the Coast Guard for 4 years and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.
  • Screen Name: AisforA
    What You Do: Recreational Therapy with older adults (full-time job), and teach it at the college level (Adjunct)
    What SO Does: Government Sales
    State of Relationship: Engaged for one month
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 years and 2 months.
    How You Met: We actually met in high school, lost touch, I dated one of his friends for a while when we were in our early 20's. Lost touch again, randomly bumped into each other over 4 years ago, and the rest is history!
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): May 19, 2017
    Real Babies: Nope
    Fur Babies: A 5 year old lump (read: cat) named Dinah
    Loves: Traveling, cooking, kittens, reading, wine, cute old people
    Hates: People who complain about their lives but do nothing to change them, bad drivers, beets, coconut water 
    Pet Peeves: Most people 
    Hobbies/Activities: crocheting, writing, sitting on my ass watching TV when I get more than 5 minutes of time to relax (rare), cooking & trying new recipes, drinking wine!
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He has a rough interior, but is incredibly kind and loving, and gives of himself always. He also has a hilarious sense of humor. We keep each other laughing.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's a grump in the morning when he has to go to work.
    Describe Your Personality: To people who don't know me, they think I'm this nice little girl. For people who know me, I'm kooky with a weird, sarcastic sense of humor.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 8 or 9
    I've Been On TK Since: A week or two ago
    How You Came to Be On TK: One of my good friends told me to get on here when I got engaged.
    How I like my potatoes: Every which way. They are my favorite food.
    Favorite book/author: I love Harry Potter, and that will always be my favorite. However, I love many many books and many genres. Recently I've been really into Blake Crouch books.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I wrote a book and it was published in 2014. It was a book of protocols for therapists (not something the typical consumer would purchase, just recreation professionals), but I'm really proud of it.
  • Screen Name: LanaKane
    Significant Other's Age: 36 
    What You Do: government
    What SO Does: government
    State of Relationship: on again off again
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 years
    How You Met: our work
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): na
    Real Babies: na
    Fur Babies: na
    Loves: Orange soda, sweater dresses, silver jewelry, the environment
    Hates: fur coats, cheaters
    Pet Peeves: helicopter parents, people who can’t do their job
    Hobbies/Activities: my job. the outdoors. working out.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he’s handsome and loving
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: 
    Describe Your Personality:
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):10
    I've Been On TK Since: 2011
    How You Came to Be On TK: i was dreaming of my wedding and joined to look at dresses and venues.
    How I like my potatoes: Fried.
    Favorite book/author: i dont really read.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: i have one of the rarest blood types.

• Hello internet stranger!  Tell us a bit about yourself.  Try to stick around.
    Screen Name:  oops forgot to create one so looks like i'm stuck with this one,lol
    Significant Other's Age:37
    What You Do:property management
    What SO Does:sales
    State of Relationship:living together
    How Long You've Been Together:2 years
    How You Met:office holiday party
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): __
    Real Babies:I have a teenager from a previous relationship
    Fur Babies:2
    Loves: fall,things that make me laugh, the beach,home decor,cooking
    Hates:entitlement
    Pet Peeves:when boyfriend leaves 1 dish in the sink
    Hobbies/Activities:crafting,sea glass collecting,beach combing
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:his passion in all he does
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:his forgetfulness 
    Describe Your Personality:respectful and attentive to detail.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): depends on the day 
    I've Been On TK Since: 2 days ago
    How You Came to Be On TK: looking for a message board.
    How I like my potatoes:fried,baked,mashed.  Potatoes would be my last meal preference. 
    Favorite book/author: I like dark depressing fiction.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: one of my favorite past time is collecting sea glass from Davenport, CA on my days off.  If you know about sea glass, you know about Davenport :)
  • Screen Name: starshiiinee

Significant Other's Age: 26

What You Do: CMA - Urology 

What SO Does: Pipeline construction and maintenance 

How Long You've Been Together: 1.5 years

How You Met: OkCupid

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): None

Real Babies: I have a 3yo from previous relationship, SO has none of his own.

Fur Babies: None.

Loves: Reading, writting, video games, going to concerts, anything artistic, being in nature, watching movies.

Hates: Bad drivers, the heat.

Pet Peeves: Aside from bad drivers and passive aggressive behavior, I can't think of anything else.

Hobbies/Activities: See 'Loves' section.

Favorite Thing About Your SO: Our intellectual conversations, shared interests in all things geeky.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Sarcasm is sometimes lost on him, sometimes he can't tell when I'm joking or being serious. 

Describe Your Personality: Pretty laid back for the most part as long as I'm not in public, random waves of social anxiety, definitely an introvert. 

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Probably a 4-6.

I've Been On TK Since: last week.

How You Came to Be On TK: I was apart of The Bump 3 years ago.

How I like my potatoes: covered in cheese.

Favorite book/author: Harry Potter series, classics. 

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Uhh.. not sure. I'm always bad at this question. 
  • Screen Name: jenxashley
    Significant Other's Age: 30
    What You Do: Babysit
    What SO Does: Work
    State of Relationship: Loving!
    How Long You've Been Together: 8 years off and on
    How You Met: Mutual friend.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Waiting...
    Fur Babies: 2 (Dog named Romeo and Cat named Mercutio)
    Loves: Music, Japan, Spring, Summer
    Hates: Cloudy weather, Winter
    Pet Peeves: Having to repeat myself.
    Hobbies/Activities: Journaling, Collecting different things.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Smile, Laugh, Love and Kindness
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Not enough time together.
    Describe Your Personality: All over the place!
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Eh, 5, idk.
    I've Been On TK Since: I signed up a long time ago but just started using it so 8/23/2016
    How You Came to Be On TK: Wedding fever.
    How I like my potatoes: Baked with the works!
    Favorite book/author: Not too much into reading, working on it.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:
    Hmm...let me get back to you on that one!
  • Screen Name: OnceUponAVine
    Significant Other's Age: 27
    What You Do: I'm a nanny
    What SO Does: He's in the Navy
    State of Relationship: Dating, talking about marriage
    How Long You've Been Together: 3 months
    How You Met: mutual friends
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):  ideally June 2017
    Real Babies: none
    Fur Babies: none
    Loves: traveling, exploring local wineries/breweries/distilleries
    Hates: exercising (other than my hobbies)
    Pet Peeves: dirty dishes in the sink
    Hobbies/Activities: 
    rock climbing, yoga, reading, writing
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he's fun, adventurous, intelligent, kind
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: his job 
    Describe Your Personality: quiet, loving, playful
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5ish
    I've Been On TK Since: 2013 
    How You Came to Be On TK: previous engagement
    How I like my potatoes: sweet potato with honey butter
    Favorite book/author: Harry Potter (all of them!)
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm currently working on my degree in social sciences, which is a compilation of anthropology, geography, political science, and sociology
  • KnotYetTiedKnotYetTied member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2017
    Screen Name: KnotYetTied
    What You Do: IT Application System Analyst
    What SO Does: Engineer
    State of Relationship: Soon to be engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: 6 months
    How You Met: Church
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): October 2017
    Fur Babies: 1 choc Lab for him, and 1 Pomeranian for me
    Loves: Reading and baths
    Hates: Greek food (which he loves!)
    Pet Peeves: Drumming on desks, stupid questions
    Hobbies/Activities: Writing
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's so considerate
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's long distance for now
    Describe Your Personality: Introvert
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 6
    I've Been On TK Since: December 2016
    How You Came to Be On TK: I don't remember
    How I like my potatoes: Fried
    Favorite book/author: Running Out of Time - Margaret Peterson Haddix
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm a published author
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Screen Name:  oops forgot to create one so looks like i'm stuck with this one,lol
    You can edit your screen name by clicking on your little person in the top right corner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Screen Name: Mircakes
    What You Do: PhD student
    What SO Does: Real Estate
    State of Relationship: Soon to be engaged :D
    How Long You've Been Together: 2.5 years
    How You Met: OkCupid
    Real Babies: none
    Fur Babies: 1 cat & 1 dog
    Loves: Chocolate, reading, and traveling
    Hates: Cold weather, certain sounds, and peanuts
    Pet Peeves: Loud chewers
    Hobbies/Activities: Painting, reading, hiking
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's the most patient person I know. 
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: When he uses the restroom with the door open, eek. 
    Describe Your Personality: Socially awkward, but nice, I think..
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):1 
    I've Been On TK Since: Roughly 1/18/17
    How You Came to Be On TK: My boyfriend and I have been looking at rings a ton lately, so I know the time is coming soon and I already want to start thinking about my wedding
    How I like my potatoes: French fries!  
    Favorite book/author: Tie between the A Song of Ice and Fire series and Harry Potter, so G.R.R.M or JK Rowling
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've never gotten brain freeze

• Screen Name: TerriLynn
    Significant Other's Age:30
    What You Do: Sales Manager @ hotel
    What SO Does: Factory Supervisor
    State of Relationship: Not Engaged Yet
    How Long You've Been Together: 1 1/2
    How You Met: Tinder
    Fur Babies: Angel (Cat) Bailey (Puppy)
    Loves: Eating, Day Drinking, and being lazy
    Hates: Onions, Mushrooms, and beer
    Pet Peeves: People writing on my papers
    Hobbies/Activities: Day Drinking
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He makes me laugh
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His Farts!
    Describe Your Personality: Witty,  Sarcastic, Fun to be around (I Hope)
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 3
    I've Been On TK Since: I have no clue.  
    How You Came to Be On TK: Looking for work, and helped plan several weddings
    How I like my potatoes: Pretty much all of the above!
    Favorite book/author: Steven King
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I just got a puppy on Saturday.  Definitely the love of my life!
  • Screen Name: funjennifer
    Significant Other's Age: 43
    What You Do: Sr. Manager, Financial Operations
    What SO Does: Controls Manager
    State of Relationship: Soon to be engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: 2years, 2 months
    How You Met: Through friends/family
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): October 2017
    Real Babies: JB (cat)
    Loves: The beach
    Hates: Thai food
    Pet Peeves: Drivers that don't keep right except to pass
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is so good to me, in every way
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: It's only been 2 years, I don't have any yet
    Describe Your Personality: Chatty
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 8
    I've Been On TK Since: June 2016
    How You Came to Be On TK: I don't remember
    How I like my potatoes: French fried

• Hey y'all. I've made an intro post before but I haven't posted in a couple of years so I thought I would do a little update introduction since things are so different now. I'm with the same guy though! It's funny to see how much things have changed. Heres the link to my original introduction: http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/comment/7574980#Comment_7574980

Screen Name: Kiwicat1417
    Significant Other's Age:26
    What You Do: Retail
    What SO Does: Nuclear Inspector
    State of Relationship: Long-term planning to get married
    How Long You've Been Together: 3 years steady, 3 years on and off.
    How You Met: He was a customer at a fast food place I worked at the summer after high school.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Nothing yet. Probably in the fall a couple of years from now.
    Fur Babies: 1 cat
    Loves: nature, books, Disney, autumn, cats
    Hates: Asparagus
    Pet Peeves: I have a lot of them. People who spout opinions without researching facts first.
    Hobbies/Activities: Thrift store shopping, reading
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's a sweetie and is always surprising me with my favorite food or flowers.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's terrible at communicating and planning ahead.
    Describe Your Personality: I can be nice but also very stubborn and blunt.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 9
    I've Been On TK Since: Two years but I haven't posted in that long.
    How You Came to Be On TK: I don't remember. Haha.
    How I like my potatoes: Baked with a lot of butter, salt, and pepper
    Favorite book/author: Harry Potter/ J.K. Rowling
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: My boyfriend and I are about to buy our first house!!!!
  • Hello internet stranger!  Tell us a bit about yourself.  Try to stick around.

Screen Name: nightnerd
    Significant Other's Age: 27
    What You Do: Psych nurse
    What SO Does: Works his tail off as a full time admin assistant while working on a full time Masters program
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years
    How You Met: Working the graveyard shift together at my last job
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): n/a
    Real Babies: None, but once life settles down I would like to adopt and/or foster some children, maybe have one of our own too to see what that's like
    Fur Babies: n/a
    Loves:  Saint Bernards, the show Salem, killer whales, popcorn, diet soda, chocolate, most books, fall and winter weather, my patients
    Hates: Making salad (not eating it, just making it), cruelty to any living being, centipedes
    Pet Peeves: The fact that I can spell almost any medical term but apparently lost all other linguistic capability after nursing school
    Hobbies/Activities: Reading, writing fiction, playing the piano, running, eating, taking naps
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is so fun and laidback and helps me settle down and just enjoy life! He brings out good qualities in me, and I love talking to him and taking in his intelligence and humor.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He will simply not put his recyclables (is that a word? See what I mean about linguistics?) in the recycling container! He leaves them on the counter and there they sit until I move them.
    Describe Your Personality: Introverted but not really shy, love humanity but not most people, kinda Type A but try not to let it get excessive, "oddly effervescent" per a friend from high school
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 6-7
    I've Been On TK Since: FOREVER. Was a semi-reg on NEY during a previous (very bad) relationship, logged off for a while to recover, and now back and happily dating someone wonderful. I'm here for the advice and snark as I do the bridesmaid thing again and help a good friend with her wedding.
    How You Came to Be On TK: See above. It seems that NEY is more or less abandoned, so I'm not sure why I'm filling this out, but here I am. Mostly because this is something I can handle doing in my night shift fog, I guess.
    How I like my potatoes: French fried and in ketchup
    Favorite book/author: Flowers for Algernon, The Night Circus, The Princess Bride, Me Before You, Follow the River, Frankenstein...it's hard to pick a definitive favorite, but I really enjoyed these.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: There is legitimately nothing interesting about me, but I can be fun to talk to anyway, I think. Hopefully you'll agree.

• Screen Name: ksplan124
    Significant Other's Age: 22
    What You Do: Waitress
    What SO Does: Construction
    State of Relationship: Dating/Unofficially engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: 5 years and going
    How You Met: Mutual friend
    Fur Babies: 2 cats (Rosa - 4 years old and Mio - 2 years old) 
    Loves: Shopping, the beach, Texas (home away from home), animals (my cats especially), and good music
    Hates: Ignorance, hypocrites, and two-faced people
    Pet Peeves: See "hates"...
    Hobbies/Activities: Hiking, camping, cooking, and photography 
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Sense of humor
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Laziness and forgetfulness
    Describe Your Personality: Down to earth, peaceful, and selfless
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2
    I've Been On TK Since: Last Spring
    How You Came to Be On TK: Me and my boyfriend started discussing marriage
    How I like my potatoes: Fried
    Favorite book/author: JK Rowling
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm ambidextrous (meaning both sides of my brain are equally dominant)
  • Screen Name: emmamei

Significant Other's Age: 23

What You Do: I'm a student and I work part-time at a local small business

What SO Does: He is a mechanic in the U.S Army

State of Relationship:Soon to be engaged

How Long You've Been Together: 8 months

How You Met: He invited me, through his sister, to a concert when we were 15 and 17. On the way to the concert, we got into a pretty bad wreck and I lost contact with him after that. 5 years later, he messaged me on facebook while he was deployed to Afghanistan. He asked if I wanted to help him plan a surprise homecoming for his family. The rest is history! 

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): June/July 2018

Real Babies: N/A

Fur Babies: N/A

Loves: Criminal Minds, dogs, shopping, shooting

Hates: Bridges and being cold

Pet Peeves: Rude people 

Hobbies/Activities: shooting, hiking, biking

Favorite Thing About Your SO: How protective he is over his loved ones and his loyalty to family

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can fall asleep within seconds of closing his eyes

Describe Your Personality: Quiet yet chatty. Usually chattier with older folk. Laid back

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 3

I've Been On TK Since: No idea. I joined fairly recently

How You Came to Be On TK: Boyfriend told me he was planning on proposing in December and to start thinking of future plans.

How I like my potatoes: All the ways

Favorite book/author: "A Dog's Life" - Ann M. Martin (Yes, it's a children's book but I adored it)

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm half Japanese and Japanese was my first language. I also have moved 14 times and I hope to eventually have a career in prosthetics!