Not Engaged Yet
Options

First Date Stories

2»

Re: First Date Stories

• Options
    From the Department of Kids, Don't Try This at Home...

Preface: Met at church in February '08. Ran around with mutual friends until I left for grad school in August '08. Started chatting randomly when he joined Facebook in February '09, more often during March Madness because the school we both loved (Missouri) did REALLY well that year.

At the end of March '09, I got invited to a high school friend's wedding, where I was sure to know fairly few people, and put out feelers for a date. He responded. We subsequently talked online every day for most of a month, then started talking on the phone. After spending five hours on the phone one night, we realized maaaaaybe this was more than we thought it was.

The wedding was May 2, 2009, and by the time we walked into the reception, my old friend had become my SO.

I tend to think first date at a wedding is usually bad news bears, but we've been happy together ever since. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

• Options
    I seeing how many people slept with their SO on the first date. It's hilarious to me because, a few weeks after I started dating BF, my mom and I were talking about a friend of mine. My mom said "the reason she hasn't met someone is because she sleeps with guys too soon! She needs to at least wait a few dates like you did!" I just smiled and nodded. If only she knew...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards