Not Engaged Yet

AW- Wedding dress shopping! (I think I may have found THE ONE) PIP

So, one of my BM's and I went dress shopping today. She is the girl I wrote about the other day with the BF who won't get married. Anyway, she is a total Type A just like me so she keeps detailed notes and takes pictures of everything. She is all around an amazing BM and friend. It is narrowed down to 6 dresses at the moment (my mom and I are going Friday for her to see them) but I'd like you all's opinions!

This is one of my faves - I love this dress - it's gorgeous in person and when it's the right size it will fit like a glove. It's different from what I would have chosen originally.

This was a DB gown that was a custom gown. It's got a lot of details but flows smoothly.

I wish you could see this closer - it is a little more fancy than I was looking for but I LOVE it.

Very light, very flowy which I was looking for since we're getting married in late June at night.

This is THE DRESS I think. Alfred Angelo and it's a test run dress. The woman just picked it for me and said I think this is all you. When I came out in it I felt beautiful and classy but I'm not sure if its too much for an intimate outdoor semi-formal wedding.

I like all of these dresses - some more than others and it's kind of hard to tell all the detail because of the small picture. The last dress the staff made me try on - it was new and they wanted to see it on someone before they put it out. Pretty much not anything I'd wear now but it's a gorgeous dress.

Anyway, which one do you all think I should go with?

****Post edited by me for AW-ing and making size an issue. I apologize to anyone I offended with the original post because i clearly wasn't meaning to do so. Everyone is beautiful and find their perfect dress (no matter what size it comes in. I was trying to find the pictures I had the other day of me in my former dress when I first got it but I've lost them in 2 days. ****

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: AW- Wedding dress shopping! (I think I may have found THE ONE) PIP

• edited December 2011
    Umm. I'm pretty sure that isn't a custom gown, seeing how it's Desert's dress.
    Anniversary
  • run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Also pretty sure this redefines "AW". Entirely new level here.

• edited December 2011
    Very pretty!
  • run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wonder if that dress comes in black and white strips or prison orange? If so it could be perfect for serving federal time for HIPAA violations...
  • edited December 2011
    Wow. Okay.... I didn't mean custom just couldn't remember the name of the designer and didn't wanna get up to look and didn't know this was anyone else's dress. My fault.

And yeah maybe I was AW-ing but I like dresses and I'm indecisive. I just wanted opinions and to see what everyone thought. Plus I finally got to be excited for about 5 seconds that I'm marrying my best friend. Geez.

I'm sick and don't really need any of the attitude. After the whole "if you really knew me..." post today I thought maybe it would bring people together on these boards. Sorry if I offended anyone by posting my dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Run21,

What is your issue? Seriously. By the way not that it's ANY of your business but I already sat down with the EECO and an attorney and guess what just like I said - I didn't break any HIPAA law. My mediation with work is set for 2 1/2 weeks out. Period. End of discussion.

GPB - thank you :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wedding-dress-shopping-think-may-found-one-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad18fba2-1d74-4745-adc8-81b68691a4a4Post:12338fee-1276-421c-9dfc-a1c9ae139027">AW- Wedding dress shopping! (I think I may have found THE ONE) PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>turns out I am now a "perfect size 4"</strong> in wedding dress world. <strong>... for some reason the entire staff at DB wanted me to model this dress that had just come in. As you can tell the staff is standing around me in this huge dress.</strong> <strong>:) ...  I thought it was hilarious because they just kept saying I had the perfect body and they like to see the dresses first on someone who looks good in everything.</strong> ...<strong>Fail.
    </strong>Posted by nottheonlydreamer44[/QUOTE]

Did they throw you a parade too? Maybe put you on the cover of a magazine? Read this tomorrow and if you don't think you sound like a total snot, you fail for more reasons than forgetting to take a picture.

If you really knew me... you'd know I think fake humility is disgusting.

If you really knew the board... you'd know most of us were "brought together" before you showed up. I've been around since January and am almost "new" compared to some of the girls.

Congrats on the HIPAA deal. The dresses don't come in orange so it all works out in the end. I like the Greek-flowy looking one, especially for an summer evening weekend. GL.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wedding-dress-shopping-think-may-found-one-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad18fba2-1d74-4745-adc8-81b68691a4a4Post:2aef4db6-3a53-4a08-9fe3-ba667c945415">Re: AW- Wedding dress shopping! (I think I may have found THE ONE) PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to AW- Wedding dress shopping! (I think I may have found THE ONE) PIP :  I like the Greek-flowy looking one, especially for an summer evening weekend. GL.
    Posted by run21[/QUOTE]

Idk, I liked it better on Desert. *shrug*
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    OMG

I wasn't having fake humility maybe if you took half as much time reading up on my stuff you should have read the "if you really knew me..." I have huge body image issues and I was proud of myself for finally getting to a point FOR ME where I felt good.

I may sound like a snot - but the people that i talk to on the regular here know that I am not. I was having a brief moment of self-confidence and decided to share. I apologize if I came off like a bitch but hey you're doing just that, too.

I am not going back and forth with your snide comments about orange jumpsuits or whatever else you've come up with. You don't know me and there's a reason for that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh --- Run you have a PM and Narwhal, you're right I just looked at her pictures and it does look better on her.

Maybe that's why I didn't say it was THE DRESS just one I was considering and liked - sorry I couldn't get up and get the designer name.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

But I DO know you! I read the "If you really knew me" post!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wedding-dress-shopping-think-may-found-one-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad18fba2-1d74-4745-adc8-81b68691a4a4Post:12338fee-1276-421c-9dfc-a1c9ae139027">AW- Wedding dress shopping! (I think I may have found THE ONE) PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, one of my BM's and I went dress shopping today. She is the girl I wrote about the other day with the BF who won't get married. Anyway, she is a total Type A just like me so she keeps detailed notes and takes pictures of everything. She is all around an amazing BM and friend. It is narrowed down to 6 dresses at the moment (my mom and I are going Friday for her to see them) but I'd like you all's opinions! *** Note for AW here - when I bought my other wedding dress like 3 years ago, I had to buy a size 12, today I went in more than a little worried... turns out I am now a "perfect size 4" in wedding dress world. I almost peed myself with joy, I know its stupid but it made my confidence skyrocket.**** This is one of my faves - I love this dress - it's gorgeous in person and when it's the right size it will fit like a glove. It's different from what I would have chosen originally. This was a DB gown that was a custom gown. It's got a lot of details but flows smoothly.  I wish you could see this closer - it is a little more fancy than I was looking for but I LOVE it. Very light, very flowy which I was looking for since we're getting married in late June at night. This is THE DRESS I think. Alfred Angelo and it's a test run dress. The woman just picked it for me and said I think this is all you. When I came out in it I felt beautiful and classy but I'm not sure if its too much for an intimate outdoor semi-formal wedding. I DID NOT try this dress on willingly... for some reason the entire staff at DB wanted me to model this dress that had just come in. As you can tell the staff is standing around me in this huge dress. :)   I thought it was hilarious because they just kept saying I had the perfect body and they like to see the dresses first on someone who looks good in everything. I literally laughed in the woman's face and got out of this thing ASAP. Which one do YOU like? I didn't realize I was missing a dress but I forgot to take a pic of it. Fail.
    Posted by nottheonlydreamer44[/QUOTE]

JIC
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I like the dress you called THE DRESS the best I think. Although it's pretty fancy, I think I like it the best on you.
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...none of them are really my style so it's hard for me to judge.

I think the 5th one looks best on you, but I agree that it might not be right for an outdoor June wedding.  Something like 2 or 4 would be better, but maybe not those exact dresses.

Definitely get whatever you feel the best in though!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wedding-dress-shopping-think-may-found-one-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad18fba2-1d74-4745-adc8-81b68691a4a4Post:b97ba0e9-d957-4ae5-87c6-c1083811627b">Re: AW- Wedding dress shopping! (I think I may have found THE ONE) PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG I wasn't having fake humility maybe if you took half as much time reading up on my stuff you should have read the "if you really knew me..." I have huge body image issues and I was proud of myself for finally getting to a point FOR ME where I felt good.
    <strong>I read that. Do I know you now? Can we be bffs?

</strong>I may sound like a snot - but the people that i talk to on the regular here know that I am not.
    <strong>Who is that exactly?</strong>

I was having a brief moment of self-confidence and decided to share. I apologize if I came off like a bitch but hey you're doing just that, too. I am not going back and forth with your snide comments about orange jumpsuits or whatever else you've come up with.
    <strong>Meh.

</strong>You don't know me and there's a reason for that.
    <strong>Because you're just some chick on the internet?

Yeah, pretty sure that's the reason.
    </strong>Posted by nottheonlydreamer44[/QUOTE]
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Thank you bourgehm for actually answering the question of which one you guys liked

--- it is a bit too fancy but I dunno I liked the offbeat nature of it for some reason.  BTW I love your sig pic - you both look adorable. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! :)
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you Ana :) 4 was actually my second choice so that might be the best option. I hate going into these stores and trying to figure out something that works for you. But I appreciate your thoughts!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you didn't ask but what about something like THIS?  If you're taking your mom back to DB I think you should try it on.  It's a similar flowy material but feels a bit more formal.

• edited December 2011
    Narwhal -- if i"m just "some chick on the internet" then why do you care what I post?

If it bothers you then don't respond. I asked a question, and reading it back it may sound snotty or whatever you wanna call it and I apologize for that. I did not mean to offend any one in any way.

I don't ever set out to hurt people intentionally and I am not a "mean girl", so for any of you that were upset or thought I was a bitch because of how what I posted/how I posted it/ or anything in my post - - I actually am very sorry. No excuse, just apologize for pissing anyone off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not saying that what you say doesn't matter (but.. well.. nvm).

I was just saying that your comment that there is good reason that she doesn't know you is that we're all just random chicks on the internet (except my UBs say haaaaaay) and THAT'S why we don't know each other.
    Anniversary
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wedding-dress-shopping-think-may-found-one-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad18fba2-1d74-4745-adc8-81b68691a4a4Post:7af045ca-86dd-40a7-b3f6-b4f62b1cc74e">Re: AW- Wedding dress shopping! (I think I may have found THE ONE) PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW- Wedding dress shopping! (I think I may have found THE ONE) PIP : Idk, I liked it better on Desert. *shrug*
    Posted by Narwhal[/QUOTE]

Aw, thanks, Narwhal!

I may not be a size 4, but I'm pretty sure I rocked that dress. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And also:

THIS ONE.

It's the fabric of 2 and 4 with the sweetheart top of 5.

• edited December 2011
    Ana - is that a dress from DB? I can't tell if it has bows on the side or not. I LOVED that dress when I saw it and then I put it on and there was a consensus of no's. That is the look I am going for though so if you can think of anything else please let me know. I appreciate the suggestion and I can always use more.

I never know what to say when they ask what I'm looking for. Anything like that is very pretty and more the style I am trying to find. Thank you!

:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ana sorry I did see you wrote David's Bridal above the first one. I really really like the second one though. I have the book so I need to look for that dress! Thank you so much.

Desert  - no need to be a size 4 (I'm proud of myself for my weight loss but that's for me) that dress looks amazing on you either way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes they're both from David's Bridal.  They're actually flowers so maybe it's a different dress?  My capital "THIS"es are links to the website.  I don't know how to make pictures links.
  • edited December 2011
    Narwhal -

That's my point exactly we are all random chicks on the internet for the most part. Why is there this need to tear each other down? I'm not saying we haven't all been bitches at some point but good lord it's a message forum about wedding dresses, rings, life and marriage.

I didn't come in here needing validation or anything I was just excited that I got 5 minutes of happiness today because the rest has sucked. I haven't been in any kind of wedding mood and now I'm sick too, This isnt a "poor me.... life sucks blah blah blah..." type of thing either.

I was excited about dresses and excited that I reached my weight goal which was not for a wedding. Just let it be and get over it.... we all have our days where we AW or whatever. If you don't want to respond in kind, then don't. I'm not a beebee who needs to be "put in her place".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fabulous dress Ana! It could be gorgeous.
  • edited December 2011
    Haha, thanks Ana - you are a big help :)

There's so much stuff in that store it's hard to shuffle through it all. I really like the second one. When I go back friday - I am definitely trying it on. Thank you for all the ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wedding-dress-shopping-think-may-found-one-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad18fba2-1d74-4745-adc8-81b68691a4a4Post:f90c4d25-a2a2-4865-913e-b0a1ffad62ed">Re: AW- Wedding dress shopping! (I think I may have found THE ONE) PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Narwhal - That's my point exactly we are all random chicks on the internet for the most part. Why is there this need to tear each other down? I'm not saying we haven't all been bitches at some point but good lord it's a message forum about wedding dresses, rings, life and marriage. I didn't come in here needing validation or anything I was just excited that I got 5 minutes of happiness today because the rest has sucked. I haven't been in any kind of wedding mood and now I'm sick too, This isnt a "poor me.... life sucks blah blah blah..." type of thing either. I was excited about dresses and excited that I reached my weight goal which was not for a wedding. Just let it be and get over it.... we all have our days where we AW or whatever. If you don't want to respond in kind, then don't. I'm not a beebee who needs to be "put in her place".
    Posted by nottheonlydreamer44[/QUOTE]

I'm in no position to put anyone in their place.  I'm in a fabulous mood right now.  I'm happy for your weight loss if it's what is right for you. That's awesome.  I just don't need to hear your passive agressive bullshit about how  everyone is just fanning over you because you're a <em>puuuuuurrfect size four.</em>

Whatevs.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards