Not Engaged Yet
Options

Flameful Confessions

Re: Flameful Confessions

• Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that there is a big difference between looking and booking. I won't deny that.

I have another confession. I judge wedding dresses with color. I really don't like them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:1a89eddb-61d4-4da0-bcc7-c22dfc604ae6">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flameful Confessions : I'm kind of the opposite.  I judge people when I know they've spent a lot of money (like, more than 5,000) on their ring.  For some reason, it just makes no sense to me to spend that kind of money on a piece of jewelry. 
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]
    I agree completely with this statement. One of my best girlfriends got engaged a few months ago (I'm in her wedding party) and her ring is so huge and I know it must cost at least 10k -- its stupid!  That is almost a down payment on a house!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:14f4883a-b0bf-4adb-bdbb-a98e6af025bb">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flameful Confessions : I agree completely with this statement. One of my best girlfriends got engaged a few months ago (I'm in her wedding party) and her ring is so huge and I know it must cost at least 10k -- its stupid!  That is almost a down payment on a house!  
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]

THAT is ridiculous. If it's a choice between an outrageously expensive ring and a down payment on a house, then I think the obvious choice would be the down payment. Although this may not be so obvious to some people.
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:14f4883a-b0bf-4adb-bdbb-a98e6af025bb">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flameful Confessions : I agree completely with this statement. One of my best girlfriends got engaged a few months ago (I'm in her wedding party) and her ring is so huge and I know it must cost at least 10k -- its stupid!  That is almost a down payment on a house!  

Eh, I don't judge when it comes to personal finances. Either for a smaller, less expensive ring or a more expensive one. Maybe they already have the down payment and still donate to charity.
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:14f4883a-b0bf-4adb-bdbb-a98e6af025bb">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:

That's exactly what I'm talking about.  I told BF that if he felt the need to spend an obscene amount of money like that, I would prefer a new car or boat.

In fairness, however, I have to admit to being a bit of a hypocrite, because I definitely <em>like</em> bigger stones.  I just think rings with center stones of at least 1 or 1.5 carats are prettier, as long as the diamond quality is good.  I am getting a moissanite ring so that I can have the big stone without the big price tag.
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:ca70ab28-2e9b-4109-8ba1-a89c002ce3e8">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flameful Confessions : Eh, I don't judge when it comes to personal finances. Either for a smaller, less expensive ring or a more expensive one. Maybe they already have the down payment and still donate to charity.
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]
    In this case I know they don't. But I still love her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:b5198a4b-d8c6-4db8-af26-5d0cbb89871b">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ended up on TK because I wanted to help out my engaged friend, that's the honest truth. I stuck around because I found the boards interesting when I was lurking. I miss the regs for this board, honestly. I liked the dynamic I saw. You guys just seemed to click, and your opinions made sense to me. So yeah, I miss the way it used to be when I was just lurking but I know I never would have been part of the "group".
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

This is NOT a true story.  I consider myself one of the old regs and I happen to like you.  So, THERE.
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cate & GPB - YGPM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I want to be facebook friends with some of you, too!  Any takers?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Eh, I don't judge. I'd like to think that they're being financial wise and spending what they can afford but it does irritate me when the girl demands a big diamond... or when the girl decides that a "small one" is okay for now, but makes it known that she expects an upgrade for an anniversary.
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:60d70bb2-97f5-4aa2-ba75-a0b684cd9dcd">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flameful Confessions : Eh, I don't judge. I'd like to think that they're being financial wise and spending what they can afford but it does irritate me when the girl demands a big diamond... or when the girl decides that a "small one" is okay for now, but makes it known that she expects an upgrade for an anniversary.
    Posted by StarGazingHiker[/QUOTE]

See, I think the anniversary upgrade thing is cute.  It's like a representation of how the relationship has grown.  I would be annoyed if I heard about a girl insisting on it, though.
  • Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GPB- I'll be your friend. PM me. I'd PM you, but I've had people tell me that they can't find me
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm up for the facebookings too if anyone would like :)
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I agree that it's sweet, it's only the insisting ones that irritate me.. I know a few girls like that and it drives me nuts!
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If anyone wants to be facebook friends, PM me :) Read my other post as to why I'm not PMing you instead.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:1592f4c7-319c-47a9-8d14-fc66a6972609">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flameful Confessions : This is NOT a true story.  I consider myself one of the old regs and<strong> I happen to like you.</strong>  So, THERE.
    Posted by Soon2BMrsJeter[/QUOTE]

Is this your flameful confession? ;)

Yeah, I confess I feel the same way about the FB stuff. But I figure if it happens, it happens. I'll admit I'd never ask someone to be FB friends with me.

I confess that I thought about chopping my hair off after my friend insisted all BM hair be worn up. I seriously thought about it, and I feel like that makes me a bad friend and I think it's just pathetic that I'd consider it. I like my long hair, so to cut it out of spite would be sad. But I'm not going to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't really give a crap when we get married, as long as it's before we procreate. I'm also perfectly fine JOP'ing it.

I do want to get engaged before we move to a foreign country together. It's really just a matter of moving overseas with my "boyfriend" versus my "fiance."

Not sure if that's flameworthy.

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    Last confession before I take off-

I saw my ex last night at a birthday party, with his new gf.  Quick backstory, a month after my-Ex and I broke up he was dating a mutual friend of ours (who is known to have been around the block a couple of times with our other mutual guy friends).  A month after that they were engaged.  I was struck dumb and started wondering if they had something going on those last few months before the Ex and I broke up.  For a year they caused hell in my life and she would cause trouble between my FI and I (he was my BF back then).  I secretly harbor the desire that he would end up unhappy, fat and with a broken heart and that she would be labeled as the back stabbing b*@ch that she was.  Update they broke off the engagement three months ago and he's now dating another girl, who in my opinion is just as bad as he is. So I hope he caught a good look at my ring and knows that I am much happier and better off now without his lame butt. FI is SO  much hotter than the Ex.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! I went to dinner with BF and his mom and came back to all these posts.

I am glad I was able to start some truths around here. I knew we all had them and I KNEW all of us would end up looking at wedding crap before we were engaged. I am just the only BSC one with a venue....

I wouldn't mind being fb friends with anyone either, so PM me if you would like.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All I've got is that I confess I really dislike cate for several reasons

Oh and this post is full of BSC and it makes me really sad
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:20eed6b0-dcc7-4647-9980-96950f7b299f">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]All I've got is that I confess I really dislike cate for several reasons Oh and this post is full of BSC and it makes me really sad
    Posted by sapphirebaby926[/QUOTE]

Okay.... um... thanks?  Cool... good to know?  Haha, seriously though, I'm sure you're not the only one but most of the ones that don't like me aren't on my "favorites" list either.  You are actually a bit of a surprise, though.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ack, I hope this doesn't turn into posts where we name the ones we don't like. Although I probably win the award for "Didn't like her then, but now I do."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:1d3f9555-d905-4aa2-8c74-5edbd2a4b85b">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flameful Confessions : Okay.... um... thanks?  Cool... good to know?  Haha, seriously though, I'm sure you're not the only one but most of the ones that don't like me aren't on my "favorites" list either.  You are actually a bit of a surprise, though.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

That surprises me because I haven't hesitated to flame you on multiple occasions.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YGPM, Loopy (and I added you)

MidniteRae, YGPM as well
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:1d3f9555-d905-4aa2-8c74-5edbd2a4b85b">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flameful Confessions : Okay.... um... thanks?  Cool... good to know?  Haha, seriously though, I'm sure you're not the only one but most of the ones that don't like me aren't on my "favorites" list either.  You are actually a bit of a surprise, though.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

I like you Cate :) we seem to see eye-to-eye a lot.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My confession: I don't think I'm cut out for TK boards...I'm just not snarky enough.
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    I liked the "old guard" group a lot. Obviously.

But I also think I've been pretty open to the changes on the board. I've formed good relationships with a lot of newer folks.

Yeah, I'm not one to keep quiet when I disagree with something, or when I think I have a different perspective that MIGHT prove useful to someone. Hence some of the past tension between me and some other posters.

But I won't just disagree with good point simply b/c I've disagreed with someone in the past.

I don't hold grudges, and I don't exclude just to exclude.

I also don't flame newbies for the joy of flaming or to be mean or whatever. I present my views respectfully, but I'm not afraid to disagree with people, and I refuse to enable behavior I perceive as unhealthy.

I confess that while I am very proud to be associated with the old guard and love my UBBs dearly, sometimes I feel like I'm being accused of group think, and I don't like it. I think for myself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lauren, YGPM
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:ad4459fc-3f1f-48b4-b754-1b322e26593f">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I liked the "old guard" group a lot. Obviously. But I also think I've been pretty open to the changes on the board. I've formed good relationships with a lot of newer folks. Yeah, I'm not one to keep quiet when I disagree with something, or when I think I have a different perspective that MIGHT prove useful to someone. Hence some of the past tension between me and some other posters. But I won't just disagree with good point simply b/c I've disagreed with someone in the past. I don't hold grudges, and I don't exclude just to exclude. I also don't flame newbies for the joy of flaming or to be mean or whatever. I present my views respectfully, but I'm not afraid to disagree with people, and I refuse to enable behavior I perceive as unhealthy. I confess that while I am very proud to be associated with the old guard and love my UBBs dearly, sometimes I feel like I'm being accused of group think, and I don't like it. I think for myself.
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

I think you have done a really good job of being respectful on the boards. I wouldn't hold a grudge on here either. It is the internet!

• Options
    edited December 2011

As one of the founders of the "old guard," I just wanted to say that I agree with Desert's take on things, as well as her confession.

And that I always liked Imbren.

Confession #1:  I got laid off last week, and got a job offer in a new field.  I actually lied and told my mom I was sending resumes to other attorneys when I was not, because I didn't want to disappoint her, but I'm really not sure I want to be an attorney after all.  I'll probably end up sending some just to cover my bases, but I'm pretty meh about the whole profession right now.

Confession #2:  I've never been as conflicted in my life as I was when I woke up this morning.  Our first cycle TTC, and I woke up to spotting.  Part of me was sad, obviously, because I wasn't pregnant.  But part of me was relieved that DH and I have a chance to think through my new job situation and get a gameplan together before deciding to bring another life into this world.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards