Not Engaged Yet

Questions for Thursday

2»

Re: Questions for Thursday

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b887b387-14cf-4fda-9573-9d272784386ePost:70156a34-b1c8-4056-8c88-1362bb8d528b">Re: Questions for Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions for Thursday : You're in Pittsburgh. If you're a Steelers fan, I love you. :) To everyone else - I want to meet almost everyone here, reg wise (and some newbies, marley and ppe); I think it'd be awesome to have one big G2G with the board.
    Posted by nottheonlydreamer44[/QUOTE]
    Of course I'm a Steelers fan...what kind of Pittsburgher do you think I am? :-p
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• edited December 2011
    Damn right. I love you, we can be BFF's now.  :) I live in near Cincy and so EVERYONE expects you to be a Bengals fan around here. Yuck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Haha yeah I'm originally from Dayton so I know what you mean about the Bengals.

• edited December 2011
    Ooh, what part of Dayton? PM if you don't wanna write it here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I PM'd you

• CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm tardy to the party (stupid busy day at work) but I wanna play too!
    1. Do you personally know any veterans? 
    My grandfather was in Europe after WWII in the army. He drove tanks.

2. Describe the moment you realized you were in love with your SO.
    After we had been dating for about 3 months -- right before we went home to our respective families for Christmas. We spent an entire Saturday, just the two of us curled up on the couch watching Christmas movies and cuddling. I missed him so much for the week or so that we were apart!

3. What's the best way for you to relieve stress?
    Cuddling with BF :) Or zoning with some good TV

4. Describe your dream vacation.
    Touring around the Mediterranean (Greece and Italy, mostly) eating delicious foods and taking in the gorgeous scenery. 

5. Favorite thing and least favorite thing about where you currently live (city/part of the country)?
    Chicago is an awesome city -- I love all the history that it has. 
    Chicago is a cold ass city in the winter. ::shiver::

6. Have you stayed friends with your ex(s)? Why or why not?
    Only my 8th grade boyfriend. . . and a few guys I wasn't really serious with in college. But my biggest relationship prior to current BF. . . def not friends with that guy. He's a douche.

7. Favorite seasonal food (fall/winter)?
    Apples! And apple cider!  And hearty stews/slow cooker meals.

8. Knottie you'd most like to meet IRL?
    Elle b/c as she pointed out, we'd probably get along like scary well. I'd also like to meet Desert. I think she's pretty awesome.
    ETA: Also the Geneseo alum ladies: KD and deburnin so we could talk about our times in G-town :) 

9. Do you believe in/follow any superstitions?
    No. I do knock on wood for kicks, but don't think it'll help me.

10. What TV show(s) are on your DVR (or that you always make a point to watch)?
    How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Always Sunny in Philly, Castle, White Collar, Glee. . . we watch a lot of stuff. 
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Questions for Thursday:
    My grandpa was a WWII vet. 

When he accidently kissed me after we'd been dating on and off for about 3 months.  My heart went all a flutter and I couldn't stop thinking about him.  Story's in my bio

Screaming.  Then work out.

. 4. Describe your dream vacation.
    A month in Europe.  Going where ever we want...with as much money as we want.  Staying in nice places, but also hostels.  Traveling around...everywhere!

Nope.  One assaulted me.  So no.  One I discovered I couldn't stand...so I broke up with him.  So no.  The other cheated on me.  So yeah...we know where that went.

Pumpkin...pie, muffins, etc

I'm really lucky.  I've met Buttons, Kat and NQB.  They're wonderful ladies <3
    I'd love to meet me some "old guards" and my uppity bitches.  Then there's all my Canadians...and then well can I just say I want to meet pretty much all the regs?

Knocking on wood.  Don't go under ladders (I only did this once and I hit my head...so never again!)

Glee, Criminal Minds, NCIS, The Office, South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, Simpsons

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Several.  My dad, FIL and SFIL all served in Vietnam.  I also dated a Marine for over 5 years (and over the course of 3 deployments,) so I know more than my share of Iraq/Afghanistan veterans and far too many that did not make it back. 

When I didn't want to run the other direction.  I was relationship-phobic.  I knew he was something special when we could be around each other 24/7 and still wanted to spend time with him.  Also, I knew he was it when I went through some health crap early on.  

There is such a thing a relieving stress?
    It used to be exercise or sex.  Now I am happy to have 30 minutes to myself with a glass of wine.

Right now, I cannot wait until our kids are old enough to go to Disneyland.  Woot!!!! 
    We hope to go to Croatia some day.  I'd love to take a cruise of the Mediterranean.

5. Favorite thing and least favorite thing about where you currently live (city/part of the country)?
    Favorite - our neighbors/neighborhood.  There is a true sense of community here.
    Least - lack of quality shopping in the immediate vicinity

I am friends with 1 guy but that is it.  We were friends long before we ever hooked up and the hooking up was very brief. 
    I do not see the point in remaining friends with an ex.  It is called a break-up because it was broken.  I have also never dated a 'friend.'  The friendship that came about was part of the romantic relationship.  Thus when the romantic relationship ends, there is no friendship to be had. 

I love all fall/winter flavors.  I love pumpkin, gingerbread, peppermint... everything.

I cannot wait.

Nope.

Glee
  • edited December 2011

FI served 4 years in the Navy; both of my grandfathers and most of my great-uncles served in WWII; one great-uncle was career Air Force; my mom's brother was career Navy; my MOH's dad was a career Marine; one of my BM's husband was Air Force for 8 years then joined the Guard; and tons of people from my church.

Just a couple weeks after we started dating, I took Joe to my parent's house for dinner to meet my mom (he'd already met my dad) - that afternoon my mom was fired from her job for a really stupid reason (unemployment agreed with her and she won the appeal), but she wanted to do dinner anyway.  Joe spent the evening trying to make my mom laugh and listening to my dad tell all of his long-winded stories and as we were leaving, he gave my mom and big hug and a kiss on the cheek.

I'll watch a movie or work on making cards

Probably a trip to Ireland and Scotland

This is home for me, I am one of those rare true native Las Vegans, so I just put up with everything else 'cause it's home.  And to answer the question I've heard way too many times in my life, no we don't all live in the hotels.

Nope, one cheated the other was just a jerk

Fudge and Chex Mix

So many of you lovely ladies, but since Audgie lives in my hometown, she's the 1st one I'd like to meet

I don't like to walk under ladders; I like to wish upon a star (esp a shooting star)

Most of the TLC/Discovery Health Reality shows; Army Wives

• AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b887b387-14cf-4fda-9573-9d272784386ePost:16b42e9f-ccf0-4ca1-b228-8ce67065e403">Re: Questions for Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE] I am one of those rare true native Las Vegans[/QUOTE]

Me too! You don't see that too often around here.

Fun Fact: Both my parents were born and raised here too.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AHHH!! Thursday questions COMES BACK! I <3 you Oceana

Yes, several friends and both Grandpas

Our first time apart from each other was Thanksgiving several years ago. When got got back to school (from college break) he walked over to my house and called me to go on a walk. As soon as I walked out the door he put his hands on my shoulders and just smiled at me and said "I missed you."

Cleaning. Lots of cleaning.

. 4. Describe your dream vacation.
    Ugh, heck, I don't even need to go anywhere. Give me my DH, some sun and a good book and that's all I need.

Nope.  None. Although one is married to my best friend. We're fine though.

Summer fresh fruit doesn't get much better. But, I can't pass up anything pumpkin flavored at the moment!

Yay : ) I've gotten to meet Paige, Buttons and NQB!! I'd love to meet the rest of the UBB/old regs sometime soon.

Nope!

Glee, Vampire Diaries, Dr. Quinn reruns and Gilmore Girls reruns
  • edited December 2011
    My dad was in the Air Force and a good friend served in the Army.

When I was visiting DH once he surprised me by taking a day off while I was there so we could spend more time together since we were in a LDR : )

A nice hot bubble bath

Hmmm...probably either going back to St. Lucia or a tour of Europe.

Favorite thing - it gets cold but not *really* cold. I can't stand being cold so I could never live up north
    Least favorite - the town I live in is really small and it's hard to find the things I want without having to drive up to Houston.

Not really - some were bad relationship but most we just drifted apart

Chili - I love a hot bowl of chili in the winter

It's so hard to pick just one of my uppity bitches : P

No but I do avoid stepping on cracks as much as possible

The Big Bang Theory - it's the only thing I watch regularly. I like NCIS too but I don't DVR it
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Yes. Both of my grandfathers were in WWII, I have an uncle that wasin Vietnam and another uncle that was stationed in Iraq. I also have a few friends that are in different braches of the service.

It was a couple months after we had started dating. We were both going through some rough stuff and he was so supportive of me and constantly there for me eventhough he had so much going on too. It was so nice and something that I had never had with any other previous boyfriends before. I knew at that moment that we will be spending the rest of our lives together.

I either go to the studio and dance it all out or go shopping.

Somewhere warm and sunny on the beach.

Favorite thing : All of my family and friends are here. I love being so close to them and being able to see them whenever.
    Least favorite thing : The winters here. They are horrible and I hate the cold and snow. But I could never leave and be away from the people that mean the most to me.

I have tried to but it didnt work. He just couldnt get it through his head that we werent together anymore.

Soups, pumpkin and apple pies, and egg nog. 

Umm not really

Jerseylicious, Kendra, Desperate Housewives, Big Bang Theory, Dog the Bounty Hunter and the Real Housewives.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • edited December 2011
    Have a few cousins and friends who have/are serving

We'd been dating about 3 months and one day, I came down with food poisoning. I was so sick and had to cancel our date. I told him I was sick and I just needed to sleep it off and I'd see him later when I was feeling better. I fell asleep and woke up to find him coming into my room with yellow gatorade. He had bought it and when no one answered the door and I didn't answer my phone, he went to the neighbors below us, who thankfully were friends, and asked them if he could use their balcony to climb on to mine. He knew that we never locked that door so he climbed onto the balcony to get in to bring me gatorade and make sure I was okay. He stayed with me all night and took care of me.

Hit up the shooting range or do some yoga and pilates or go hit up the punching bag in the garage.

Probably a trip to the Maldives where we'd have our own bungalow over the water.

Favorite:; living 10 min from the beach and warm weather most of the year!
    Dislikes: Traffic... I hate so-cal traffic

Nope.  I wasn't friends with them before so it was hard to maintain a friendship afterwards.

Pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips and gingerbread lattes!

Mmm... I cna't pick just one

Yup... salt over my shoulder when I spill it; wishing on shooting stars and 11:11; not walking under a latter

Criminal Minds; The Office; Southpark; Law and Order; CSI; Rules of Engagement; The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Don't shoot me but I am late.. so these are questions for Friday for me! lol

My grandfather (RIP), uncles, cousin, and two friends, Adam and Chris. All of which I took the time to thank yesterday.

The time I realized that I was truly in love with him was actually during a break we took, I was looking and talking to other guys, but every other guy I thought about I have to compare to BF and there was no comparison. That was when I knew that He was the one.

Listen to music and sometimes just going for a drive.

I really want to go to Egypt.

Favorite- I love exactly where I live because I'm right in between Boston and Cape Cod. I can go to either for a day trip and that leaves room for many adventures.

Least Favorite- The cold/ NE weather.

Not really. More of a "Hey how are you?" If we run into each other, but not friends per se.

I absolutely LOVE Thanksgiving dinner, does that count?

Paige, EKath, GPB, Cate, Shoes.

I always lift my feet in the car when going over the railroad tracks. I don't remember why now but I've done it since I was a kid.

Criminal Minds, Oprah and Two and a Half Men.

friends tv show funy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards