Not Engaged Yet

An Apology and step back

Knotties,
   First of all, this is Schrok. After a debate that happened on a thread, I had deleted my account very rashly. I'd like to say this much.

I'd like to apologize to many of the girls on this community board. I'm sorry for being very rash with my words and too quick. Last night, after i was distraught by many of your comments, I spoke with my boyfriend. Yes, boyfriend. Not fiance. Because, as he and I stand, we are simply going out. I have decided to take the advice that many of you offered and step back a bit. Although I do love him and will be staying with him and do believe we will be married eventually, I don't want to rush it. 

The main reason I joined the Knot in the first place was simply because I love weddings. I want to work for a wedding magazine like the Knot and I will continue to love weddings. But mine will have to wait.

I'm hoping that I can start fresh with many of you girls and just have fun talking about many different things and just being friends. 

Re: An Apology and step back

• Are you going to school to eventually have this career or what are you going to school for?

Now to properly introduce yourself.

Name, we all know your age, SOs name.
    Do you like wine, cheese, harry potter?

What do you like to do for fun?

Favorite Author?

Also as a side note, before just posting in a new board, maybe read the "rules" first... just saying!

• I am currently a double major in Journalism and Creative writing. As much as I would love my poetry to guide my career, I very much know it won't so I'm hoping to go into either magazine or newspaper after college. Right now, I'm spending my winter break working in Marketing. 

My name is Kaitlyn and my SO is Shawn. 

I'm very picky about what wines I like. I've only really tried a few on rare occasions so I'll let you know more about that once I'm older. I enjoy mozzerella cheese and absolutely adore Harry potter! I started reading the books when I was really young and have seen all the movies. 

Favorite author is extremely hard for me since i am part English major although if I had to pick, I would say either Jane Austen or Tamora Pierce.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_apology-step-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1583da7-0487-463b-b7a3-0eb008537ea9Post:7024353c-8d6e-4396-8502-54ca80b8ba28">Re: An Apology and step back</a>:
    [QUOTE]Favorite author is extremely hard for me since i am part English major although if I had to pick, I would say either Jane Austen
    Posted by somethingsilver[/QUOTE]

Good choice in author.  She is a wonderful one :D
  • Tell us more about your SO? He wants to do a Masters in Architecture? Did he do that for undergrad? Thats what my FI and I both did and it is so stressful. Props to you. Usually it's tough for a non-architecture major to date an Archi because of the schedule. I know our program was basically incest because everyone only dated each other! How about favorite movies?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I guess I must have missed the debate- when did that happen?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Right now, he's in the Architectural Engineering undergrad degree at the college we both attend. With that program, he definitely needs to do the Master's. I've already spent so many nights down in the studio with him that I'm surprised we're both still alive! I'm a good Archie SO though. Bringing food and taking away his coffee when he starts getting all jittery, tracing rough drafts, coloring, you know the English major approved jobs! 

Some of my favorite movies have to be Princess Bride, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and actually 27 Dresses. (we see a pattern.)
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_apology-step-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1583da7-0487-463b-b7a3-0eb008537ea9Post:7024353c-8d6e-4396-8502-54ca80b8ba28">Re: An Apology and step back</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am currently a double major in Journalism and Creative writing. As much as I would love my poetry to guide my career, I very much know it won't so I'm hoping to go into either magazine or newspaper after college. Right now, I'm spending my winter break working in Marketing.  My name is Kaitlyn and my SO is Shawn.  I'm very picky about what wines I like. I've only really tried a few on rare occasions so I'll let you know more about that once I'm older. I enjoy mozzerella cheese and absolutely adore Harry potter! I started reading the books when I was really young and have seen all the movies.  Favorite author is extremely hard for me since i am part English major although if I had to pick, I would say either Jane Austen or<strong> Tamora Pierce</strong>.

Love her! And Jane as well, of course, but Tamora's more obscure. What are your favorite books of hers? Daine's series is my favorite :)
  • Diane's series is the best! I do love Alanna though also and Keladry has her moments. :) The only ones I don't like are the Circle of Magic books. Mastiff just came out and I need to get my hands on it! She also needs to finish Numair's Early Years before I go insane.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_apology-step-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1583da7-0487-463b-b7a3-0eb008537ea9Post:1c130ad8-e281-4767-992f-5244aa4559f1">Re: An Apology and step back</a>:
    [QUOTE]Diane's series is the best! I do love Alanna though also and Keladry has her moments. :) The only ones I don't like are the Circle of Magic books. Mastiff just came out and I need to get my hands on it! She also needs to finish Numair's Early Years before I go insane.

I haven't read the Circle books, I had a feeling they were only so-so. I love Alanna - she's the original, have to love her! I love Kel too, but I never finished the last book - not sure why, but now I want to go read it asap! I want to start the Bek series, and I didn't know about Numair's early years!! I love him!!!
  • Do read the end of Keladry's series. I own all of them! I first started loving Tamora actually when my sister had the books when she was in high school. I was in early middle school and stealing her books. Now, I own a bunch of her old copies along with some of my own. The Bek series is hit or miss. I loved Terrier. Bloodhound was just ok so I have high hopes for Mastiff.
  • Will do! I made it halfway through the last book and I think I got distracted by something else I was reading and never went back. I have it at home though - I'm seriously going to pick it back up tonight I think :)

I'll have to start Terrier after that. I also loved the Trickster books, but I read them so fast and so long ago that they need to be re-read soon :)
  • I just checked Tamora's site. Look out for the first of 2 Numair's first years in 2013!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_apology-step-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1583da7-0487-463b-b7a3-0eb008537ea9Post:fe7c9a76-48e6-4ef8-b9e7-5e48243da992">An Apology and step back</a>:
    [QUOTE]Knotties,   
    First of all, this is Schrok. <strong>After a debate that happened</strong> on a thread, I had deleted my account very rashly. I'd like to say this much.

I'd like to apologize to many of the girls on this community board. I'm sorry for being very rash with my words and too quick. Last night, after i was distraught by many of your comments, I spoke with my boyfriend. Yes, boyfriend. Not fiance. Because, as he and I stand, we are simply going out. I have decided to take the advice that many of you offered and step back a bit. <em>Although I do love him and will be staying with him and do believe we will be married eventually</em>, I don't want to rush it. 

The main reason I joined the Knot in the first place was simply because I love weddings. I want to work for a wedding magazine like the Knot and I will continue to love weddings. But mine will have to wait.

I'm hoping that I can start fresh with many of you girls and just have fun talking about many different things and just being friends. 

A debate requires at least two sides conversing.  You left that thread without debating. 

In terms of believing that you will marry your boyfriend one day, I encourage you to let your relationship progress as it may.  You are still in the very early stages of your relationship and you are still young.  Do not get stuck trying to work through a relationship because you believe that you are going to marry the guy.  If you reach that point down the road, then talk about marriage.  For now, you should truly just enjoy your relationship and get to know yourself.  You will both change a lot in the coming years... and it may not be in the same direction.  Give yourself the flexibility to become who you want to be without the confines of believing that you are going to marry every guy you date.  You can love someone until the cows come home but that does not mean that the two of you may be suitable for marriage.  Love is far from enough. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_apology-step-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1583da7-0487-463b-b7a3-0eb008537ea9Post:552059ad-da3e-4a73-9afe-641c86794f93">Re: An Apology and step back</a>:
    [QUOTE]  In terms of believing that you will marry your boyfriend one day, I encourage you to let your relationship progress as it may.  You are still in the very early stages of your relationship and you are still young.  Do not get stuck trying to work through a relationship because you believe that you are going to marry the guy.  If you reach that point down the road, then talk about marriage.  For now, you should truly just enjoy your relationship and get to know yourself.  You will both change a lot in the coming years... and it may not be in the same direction.  Give yourself the flexibility to become who you want to be without the confines of believing that you are going to marry every guy you date.  You can love someone until the cows come home but that does not mean that the two of you may be suitable for marriage.  Love is far from enough. 
    Posted by TheMutleys[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Exactly what I want to do. I'm just saying that at the moment, I am very much in love and could see myself with him and he can see me with him however, nothing will ever be pushed. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But right now, we're quite happy and enjoying life together. 

</div>
  • I second what Mutley wrote.... and Stina's advice about reading the rules posted by Audgie is decent advice, too.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards