April 2012 Weddings
Options

Altered??

Does anyone know if DB bridesmaid dresses can be altered  to be bigger?  My MOH is preggo and hers is just a bit tight...

It's this one (cotton). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Altered??

• Options
    You'll have to ask a seamstress to look at the dress. It all depends on how much extra room was built in to the dress & how much your BM needs it to be let out. She may be able to work something out by bringing the hem up & using that fabric to extend it. Maybe not, only she will know.
  • Options
    chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Thanks Renata...That's kindof what I was thinking.  She's only gaining in her chest thus far, so that's where she's worried...  :)  Thanks again!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Davids allows you to exchange for a larger size without charging.  I don't know if it would come in fast enough, but it may be worth a try.  One of my bridesmaids did this two weeks ago for the same reason.  I am the last week of April, but it is coming in around the 10th.
    ~~Sabrina~~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My bridesmaid is pregnant as well, due may 17th, wedding is April 24th. She ordered her dress 2 sizes too big 2 weeks ago and her dress came in a week early. So depending on when your wedding is they could still get her a bigger size soon. It's easier to take in a dress than let one out. Hopefully she can figure something out soon!
  • Options
    Yea, I would talk to the seamstress and get her thoughts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards