Not Engaged Yet
Options

Interrogation Room - Oceana

13»

Re: Interrogation Room - Oceana

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interrogation-room-oceana?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:da84fadb-4b0c-4fb0-8d16-87a1c0de74ffPost:d2394f17-bf21-4b1c-ab41-dc3ae188ac4a">Re: Interrogation Room - Oceana</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please please please post the picture of the sawfish flirting with you.
    Posted by Narwhal[/QUOTE]

God, I don't even know where that photo is anym0re...I'll have to dig around at home, it's gotta be somewhere.

In the meantime, here's a documentary they shot on sawfish while I was at Mote. It's got some incredible photographs in it, and talks about the smalltooth sawfish and the tag-and-release project. You can also play Spot the Knottie! (lol)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE9B7mL-2G8">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE9B7mL-2G8</a> - Part 1
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pWOgWZJqvk">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pWOgWZJqvk</a> - Part 2

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What is something that you tell(told) yourself that you would never do?  Have you done it?
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Why don't they make 3D doritos anymore?
    I have no idea, but I don't like Doritos to begin with. Hand me a bag of kettle chips and I will devour it in one sitting.

What's three important lessons you want to pass on to your future spawn?
    1) Have integrity.
    2) Treat everyone with dignity and respect, even if you really don't want to.
    3) Family is the most important thing in life, and family isn't restricted to who shares similar genetic material.

What's an important lesson you have learned thus far in life?
    To never, ever assume that you can do something tomorrow. I had to learn that the hard way, many times over. As a result, I make things happen for myself, I tell people the truth (even if they don't want to hear it) and I'm not shy about telling people what they mean to me.

• Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interrogation-room-oceana?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:da84fadb-4b0c-4fb0-8d16-87a1c0de74ffPost:95b2f8df-5625-417a-ab96-fe5f95289a60">Re: Interrogation Room - Oceana</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why don't they make 3D doritos anymore? I have no idea, but I don't like Doritos to begin with. Hand me a bag of kettle chips and I will devour it in one sitting. What's three important lessons you want to pass on to your future spawn? 1) Have integrity. 2) Treat everyone with dignity and respect, even if you really don't want to. <strong>3) Family is the most important thing in life, and family isn't restricted to who shares similar genetic material.</strong> What's an important lesson you have learned thus far in life? To never, ever assume that you can do something tomorrow. I had to learn that the hard way, many times over. As a result, I make things happen for myself, I tell people the truth (even if they don't want to hear it) and I'm not shy about telling people what they mean to me.
    Posted by oceana919[/QUOTE]

I honestly couldn't agree with you more. This is lesson number 1 that I will teach my children.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is something that you tell(told) yourself that you would never do? Have you done it?
    I never thought I'd get married without my grandmother. That's probably been the hardest thing of the whole getting-married process.

Thankfully, I have amazing parents, and they pounded it into our heads growing up that there was never anything we couldn't do. It's hard to think of something that I wanted to do in life that I haven't done already, or aren't at least working towards.

• Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    And as a follow up, I googled "Why don't they make 3d doritos anymore?" And there is a petition going around to being them back. It was posted three days ago. Maybe my dreams are coming true!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whomever goes after me on this thing is sooooooooo screwed. I keep coming up with new questions in my head that I can't answer, LOL

• Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oceana - YWHPM.  As soon as I get back from Chem Lab and email a few people for school/grad school prep.  :)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ZOMG Cocobella...all I'm craving now is chicken and lemon thyme. You suck. :P

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interrogation-room-oceana?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da84fadb-4b0c-4fb0-8d16-87a1c0de74ffPost:d5226e3a-18a6-4dce-92b3-15e2a32c366c">Re: Interrogation Room - Oceana</a>:
    [QUOTE]ZOMG Cocobella...all I'm craving now is chicken and lemon thyme. You suck. :P

mmmm, you'll love it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interrogation-room-oceana?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:da84fadb-4b0c-4fb0-8d16-87a1c0de74ffPost:40eeb73d-2601-4a21-a540-3f88c5c73801">Re: Interrogation Room - Oceana</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interrogation Room - Oceana : mmmm, you'll love it.
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

Yeah, except we're definitely having garlic lime pork chops for dinner tonight. BUMMER.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interrogation-room-oceana?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da84fadb-4b0c-4fb0-8d16-87a1c0de74ffPost:47d014f4-86b1-4f85-9caf-ac81cb763739">Re: Interrogation Room - Oceana</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interrogation Room - Oceana : Yeah, except we're definitely having garlic lime pork chops for dinner tonight. BUMMER.

mmmmm, garlic AND lime??

and another thing, don't use crappy olive oil with that dish.  it'll ruin it, seriously.  use the good stuff, it's like gold.
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interrogation-room-oceana?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da84fadb-4b0c-4fb0-8d16-87a1c0de74ffPost:f5308ddc-950b-4a8e-bbf3-5807a1769d1e">Re: Interrogation Room - Oceana</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interrogation Room - Oceana : mmmmm, garlic AND lime?? and another thing, don't use crappy olive oil with that dish.  it'll ruin it, seriously.  use the good stuff, it's like gold.

*small voice* How do you know what the good stuff is???
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    you can take extensive olive oil tasting classes, and once you have reached the level of a master-OO-taster, you can run to the store and open every bottle until you come across a good one.  then you neatly line all the bottles back on the shelf and purchase "the good stuff".

in case you were serious...

just don't buy the off-brand of olive oil.  use a reputable brand, and make sure to buy smaller bottles if you don't use it all the time, and keep out of heat and light.  if you keep the same oil for a long period of time, it oxidizes.

there are also different olive oils for different purposes...  dipping olive oil (which is wonderful with spices and seasonings in it), cooking olive oil, olive oil for sauteeing, etc.  you choose the type of oil based on what you're going to do with it.  my cabinet at home has several different types of olive oil.

it's a lot like wine.  research your brands and taste around to figure out what you like.

but if you're like my mom, and you really don't care, just buy the honkin' family size bottle of the off-brand olive oil.  she swears she can't taste the difference.
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interrogation-room-oceana?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da84fadb-4b0c-4fb0-8d16-87a1c0de74ffPost:ebbba357-01c3-4d38-b21e-c39b38a1c5c0">Re: Interrogation Room - Oceana</a>:
    [QUOTE]you can take extensive olive oil tasting classes, and once you have reached the level of a master-OO-taster, you can run to the store and open every bottle until you come across a good one.  then you neatly line all the bottles back on the shelf and purchase "the good stuff". in case you were serious... just don't buy the off-brand of olive oil.  use a reputable brand, and make sure to buy smaller bottles if you don't use it all the time, and keep out of heat and light.  if you keep the same oil for a long period of time, it oxidizes. there are also different olive oils for different purposes...  dipping olive oil (which is wonderful with spices and seasonings in it), cooking olive oil, olive oil for sauteeing, etc.  you choose the type of oil based on what you're going to do with it.  my cabinet at home has several different types of olive oil. it's a lot like wine.  research your brands and taste around to figure out what you like. but if you're like my mom, and you really don't care,<strong> just buy the honkin' family size bottle of the off-brand olive oil.  she swears she can't taste the difference.</strong>

This is me. I buy the big Trader Joe's bottle. I hear people talk about "good" olive oil. It all just tastes like olive oil to me? But I mainly only use it for stir frying veggies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Posts like this make me love NEY again.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interrogation-room-oceana?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:da84fadb-4b0c-4fb0-8d16-87a1c0de74ffPost:203632df-21dd-4000-97cc-3d612b3f686f">Re: Interrogation Room - Oceana</a>:
    [QUOTE]Posts like this make me love NEY again.
    Posted by Narwhal[/QUOTE]

::like button::

• Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your favorite brand of socks?

and what length? ankle, crew, no show, knee high, thigh high (!)??

What is your favorite thing about Disney World and why?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your favorite brand of socks?
    I don't really have one. I don't wear socks unless I absolutely have to. I'd live in flip flops if that were a reasonable thing to do.

and what length? ankle, crew, no show, knee high, thigh high (!)??
    When I do have to wear them, it's ankle.

What is your favorite thing about Disney World and why?
    Oh man, that is tough. I love going in the fall to Epcot Food & Wine Festival/Magic Kingdom Halloween...the food is amazing, and it's awesome getting to run around Magic Kingdom in Halloween costumes. As for the nitty gritty, I'd say my favorite rides are probably Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and the Norway ride. There's also a killer pizza joint in Italy at Epcot...NOM NOM NOM.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards