Not Engaged Yet
Options

Freud would say that my subconscious is BSC!

I have had several very vivid dreams where the BF proposed to me.  One was so vivid that I woke up and almost called my mom before I put two and two together and realized I was in bed.

Long story short:  I had another proposal dream last night. But after the proposal, I went around telling everyone (including you girls) that I had gotten engaged and was super happy--but that it could be a total fake because I've had these dreams before.

Seriously.

I recall that others have had weird BF/FI/Husband dreams before... so could we share some so I don't feel totally BSC this morning? :) 

Re: Freud would say that my subconscious is BSC!

• Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I guess I've been engaged for so freaking long that I don't remember proposal dreams, but lots and LOTS of wedding dreams.

The one that was the strangest and most vivid was one where I got married in the flower area at a local grocery store. I had bridesmaids and everything and throughout the dream I was convincing everyone that this was a perfect idea! I'd save TONS of money on flowers and I wouldn't need any decorations! There were flowers all over the aisle anyways! Weird and not such a great idea.

I've also had a dream that I forgot about the wedding until the day before.

I also have dreams where I'm pregnant pretty often. I don't know what that means, but I do have those dreams a lot. Better not mean I'm getting pregnant someday soon... haha

Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Do those dreams ever make you worried that you'll talk in your sleep and your SO will hear you saying something about being engaged?  I used to worry about that lol.

Before we were engaged, I had a dream that we were at a family gathering at my uncle's house (a relatively common occurence IRL) and FI got everyone's attention and announced our engagement, without ever actually asking me.  When I was like "wait, what are you doing?" he just said he thought this was what I wanted.  lol.

Lately, I've had several crazy wedding dreams, but those are kind of subsiding now that I'm starting to plan again.
  • Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_freud-would-say-subconscious-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:dea053b9-b7d8-4a52-b1ee-f1853b31da84Post:b3cf343b-895a-47fa-a342-12591416ad1b">Re: Freud would say that my subconscious is BSC!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The one that was the strangest and most vivid was one where I got married in the flower area at a local grocery store. I had bridesmaids and everything and throughout the dream I was convincing everyone that this was a perfect idea! I'd save TONS of money on flowers and I wouldn't need any decorations! There were flowers all over the aisle anyways! Weird and not such a great idea.
    Posted by polkadot111[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Bwahahaha!  That's awesome. I love it!

</div>
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Technically he wouldn't, because Freud did not believe in a subconcious.... he was more of an unconcious man (tee-hee, no pun intended).

And that is my nerdy obnoxious correction for the day. I just figured you may appreciate it since you are a fellow nerd :)

I have had some weird dreams about BF, but never that he proposed. I think I would do the same thing as you and wake up thinking it was true for a minute. How confusing!

Wasn't it Tiger who had dream after dream about the ugly squirrel ring?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have these dreams all the time... Only BF never actually says "Will you marry me?" lol and the ring is never like my IRL ring. BF now thinks these dreams are funny.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_freud-would-say-subconscious-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:dea053b9-b7d8-4a52-b1ee-f1853b31da84Post:84229217-72c9-4846-854c-618e4f63f34f">Re: Freud would say that my subconscious is BSC!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Technically he wouldn't, because Freud did not believe in a subconcious.... he was more of an unconcious man (tee-hee, no pun intended). And that is my nerdy obnoxious correction for the day. I just figured you may appreciate it since you are a fellow nerd :) I have had some weird dreams about BF, but never that he proposed. I think I would do the same thing as you and wake up thinking it was true for a minute. How confusing! Wasn't it Tiger who had dream after dream about the ugly squirrel ring?
    Posted by csousa1[/QUOTE]

<div>As I was writing this... I was wondering if Freud did subconscious or not.  But I went with it anyway. My knowledge bank is rather limited to Classics, Writing, and Literature. That's me!  :) I like learning though, so good to know.</div><div>
    </div><div>The one where I almost called my mom was the WORST. I woke up SO happy, followed by confusion, followed by sadness. At least by now, even my subconscious is telling me, "here we go again!"</div><div>
    </div><div>I think it was Tiger... but I'm not sure.</div>
  • Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I once dreamt that FI proposed quite a few months before he actually did. All I recall was the ring. And I ended up telling then-BF about it. After he proposed IRL, he said that he looked at said style, and thought it was really masculine and not what I would really want. ha. Truth!

This is what I dreamt of: ring style.
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had any proposal dreams- However, I did have a dream where Andrew and I were getting married. Instead of walking down the aisle to him...he was brought to me and we walked down the aisle together.

I remember being terribly disappointed that I didn't get that moment where Andrew got to see me walking towards him.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_freud-would-say-subconscious-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:dea053b9-b7d8-4a52-b1ee-f1853b31da84Post:c768c09d-dec1-4594-82c1-c8a38be5245c">Re: Freud would say that my subconscious is BSC!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't had any proposal dreams- However, I did have a dream where Andrew and I were getting married. Instead of walking down the aisle to him...he was brought to me and we walked down the aisle together. I remember being terribly disappointed that I didn't get that moment where Andrew got to see me walking towards him.
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

<div>Aww, but I thought it was super cute that he was brought to you and you walked in together! But everyone has different things they want, that's for sure. </div>
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_freud-would-say-subconscious-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:dea053b9-b7d8-4a52-b1ee-f1853b31da84Post:84229217-72c9-4846-854c-618e4f63f34f">Re: Freud would say that my subconscious is BSC!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Technically he wouldn't, because Freud did not believe in a subconcious.... he was more of an unconcious man (tee-hee, no pun intended). And that is my nerdy obnoxious correction for the day. I just figured you may appreciate it since you are a fellow nerd :) I have had some weird dreams about BF, but never that he proposed. I think I would do the same thing as you and wake up thinking it was true for a minute. How confusing! <strong>Wasn't it Tiger who had dream after dream about the ugly squirrel ring?</strong>
    Posted by csousa1[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh yes, I had several dreams with ugly rings. One of which was actually an ugly necklace. Thank goodness my ring doesn't look like any of those :) In all of them I remember being SO happy to be engaged, but so stressed out at how to hide my disappointment in the ring... lol</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    lol no engagement dreams or anything that I remember anyway.  I rarely remember my dreams anyway.....

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards