Not Engaged Yet

ECLIPSE

Did anyone go to the midnight premiere showing?  Please don't tell me anything specific, except:

Was it good?

I can't go until tomorrow night!!

Re: ECLIPSE

• LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    YES it was good! A lot better then the previous two, and very emotional. I loved it!
    friends tv show funy
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't seen it yet either, but my co-worker said it was really good. She has Team Edward and Team Jacob stickers on her door this morning. :)
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    This one was more true to the book, which is another reason I liked it. And I'm totally TEAM EMMETT heheTongue out
    friends tv show funy
  • edited December 2011
    I agree it was MUCH more true to the book. I was totally team jasper after this one. Yummmmy. The director did an amazing job.

On a side note, my theater was raffling off T shirts and I won! Then it fell out of my bag at the end so I lost it :[
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_eclipse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e260972c-1093-4164-a4dd-8a8905422d67Post:07bdedaf-e607-4662-bdc9-c3f1511b0467">Re: ECLIPSE</a>:
    [QUOTE]The director did an amazing job. Posted by MissOnnaleese[/QUOTE]

I really love the Twilight series (books) and have enjoyed the movies for the most part (the first was meh, but their budget was ridiculously low for a movie, so the special effects were cheesy as crap and that's why I didn't really like it).  But the director for this one is the main reason I'm so excited about seeing it.  I LOVED his other vampire movie (40 Days of Night), and was dying to see what he'd do with this one.  I knew he'd make it appropriately dark.  :-) 

Can't wait to see it!  FI and I are going with another couple tonight at 10.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Acro - I'm a huge lover of the books too. I don't think I would like the movies if I didn't love the books so much.

I'm glad to hear such good reviews!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going this afternoon with some friends.  Can't wait!
  • edited December 2011
    This is strange...most of the people on my FB that saw it last night were disappointed.

I actually stayed up until about 4am reading the first book last night. A friend is SUPER crazy about Twilight, but I never got into it. I agreed to go see the movie with her, not realizing that "Eclipse" was a Twilight movie. (Rats!)
    Anyway, Im kind of looking forward to it.....we're going to see the movie this evening. Im totally lacking as to the second part of the series, but I doubt it'll be that hard to piece together!

• edited December 2011
    Kroliczku, here's a recap of New Moon.  Don't scroll down if you want to be surprised if you eventually read it, but if you want a recap, here's my version.

New Moon recap:

Bella wants to become a vampire to stay together forever, but Edward refuses because he doesn't want to take away her soul.  When Jasper tries to kill Bella at her birthday party, Edward decides to break up with Bella to keep her out of harm's way. 

He (and his entire family) leaves Forks and Bella is all "OMG! OMG! I'm nothing without my man in my life!!! Oh Noes!!" and gets depressed.  She starts hanging out with her friend Jacob to make her feel better, and Jacob falls in love with Bella.  Jacob turns out to be a werewolf (Gasp!).  Drama ensues.

In Bella's craziness, she starts seeking out adrenaline rushes because she hears Edward speaking to her during these episodes, and you know, she's BSC that way.  She tries cliff diving.  Alice sees a vision of this and thinks Bella killed herself and comes back to Forks to comfort Charlie but finds Bella alive.  Rosalie tells Edward that Bella's dead and he goes to the Volturi in Italy to try and kill himself (Old, very powerful coven that enforces "vampire law").  He plans to expose himself (heehee) to humans as a vampire so the Volturi will kill him.  Bella and Alice rush off to Italy to stop him. (Yay!)

The Volturi talk to Edward, Bella and Alice and want to kill Bella because she's human and knows too much about vampires to live.  Alice promises to change bella herself, and the volturi let them leave, promising to check back with them to make sure they follow through.

Edward still doesnt' want to change Bella, but he will on one condition: that bella marries him first (at 18... blech!!).  The werewolves remind Edward of the treaty they made with the Cullen's when they first moved to Forks hundred's of years ago: If any of them bites a human (i.e., bites bella to change her), it will mean war between the cullens and the werewolves.

Meanwhile, Victoria (Jame's mate from book 1) is trying to track down Bella and kill her as revenge for Edward killing James. (major plot line of Eclipse)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Noelle, I. Love. You.

I think most people that see the premiere ARE the ones most diappointed because they are the most die-hard about it. IMO the movies don't hold a candle to the awesomeness of the books - I love the movies BECAUSE I love the books so much. I think the die-hard book fans go in with expectations to be as satisfied as the book made them and are thus disappointed.

I go in with the expectations that it will never be as great as the book, and I haven't been disappointed yet.
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to see the movie this weekend and I'm way excited for it. I like the books (didn't love them and I though the fourth kind of ruined the whole series) I didn't know the guy who did 30 Days of Night was the director for this...that should be interesting.

• edited December 2011
    Here's another awesome recap of New Moon for those who need it:  http://www.jennsylvania.com/jennsylvania/2009/11/new-new-moon.html
    Married Bio

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I saw the first movie before I read the books and I thought it was retarded and cheesy.  My bf's mom is actually the one that suggested I read the books too, so I did and was very surprised I liked them, a lot.  So far movie-wise, the first one still sucks (Kristin Stewart is a TERRIBLE actress and I think Robert Pattinson is HIDEOUS) and they made the script way cheesier than the book.  The second one was much better, even acting-wise.  The third one actually looks pretty cool.  It was my favorite book because there was actually action in it.  I'm also excited because the director did a "real" vampire movie, so he may actually make them look like vampires for once.  I'm dragging my bf to see it this weekend (he's complaining about it, but I think he's secretly wanting to see it too. LOL)  I hope it's as good as it looks....but then again, movies based on books are usually always slightly disappointing...
    Anniversary
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Noelle I despise twilight but your recap made me giggle , lol :)
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I thought the movie was pretty awesome, actually.  Very well done, and much better than the other two.

Also, going at 4 in the afternoon on a weekday? Best. Decision. Ever.  There were no screaming fangirls (I could actually hear all the dialog.... what a concept), and getting a seat wasn't a problem.  When we got out of the theater at 6:30 though, there was already a long line of Tweenagers waiting for the next showing.  Gag me with a spoon. 
  • edited December 2011
    yea, 10pm was kind of a nightmare with the fangirls.  Other than that it was thoroughly enjoyable.

I gotta say I'm really happy I read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner before seeing Eclipse.  There were quite a few little subtleties in the movie that I giggled at and my friends were totally lost.  If you have time, I would suggest reading it before going.

Overall, enjoyable.  Eclipse wasn't my favorite of the books, but I think it was definitely on par with New Moon for movies, if not a little bit better.  FI liked the action parts and the funny parts, but HATES Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, so everytime they had a love scene, he would sigh really loudly and get irritated if it lasted longer than 20 seconds.  Meh.
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Acro - how was Bree Tanner? I will probably end up reading it, but I'm angsty inside at Stephenie Meyer for ditching Midnight Sun. Maybe I'm boycotting it in my brain.
  • edited December 2011
    I thought it was good!  I'm also peeved at the ditching of Midnight Sun, but Bree Tanner was enjoyable, and is free on her site for a limited time so you can read it.
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards