Not Engaged Yet

**ACRO** (garter PIP)

I just got an email from our Etsy garter person. They've shipped my garter. Remember, I told them my wedding date is May 15, and they promise the garter 2 weeks in advance of the wedding day. Seems like they REALLY stick to the 2-week thing.

I'll let you know if it is the right color and all that (SHOULD be purple and white with a Transformers emblem).

So, I guess you should just expect yours 2 weeks before your wedding..... exactly. No sooner! Undecided
Anniversary

Re: **ACRO** (garter PIP)

• adcoxmtadcoxmt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Etsy! I didn't realize they had garters and stuff too....they literally have everything!
  • edited December 2011
    They DO have everything, and I've had EXCELLENT experiences with every seller.... except this one. I mean, it's not bad. It's just that you could order your garter a year in advance and still not get it until 2 weeks prior to your wedding.

I mean, I'm glad I lied about my date, or I'd be sweating! I don't want to be waiting for ANYTHING two weeks before the wedding. I want to be DONE.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I love etsy. I did order one thing and the seller PROMISED to get me pictures two weeks ago... Still no pictures... Not to mention, its $400 that I paid her... Blah! She keeps saying she'll send pictures--and then always has an exuse. :-/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, I got the garter! haven't tried it on yet, but it's here and it looks very pretty.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the heads-up.  Work is keeping me from the boards most of the time, hence my absence.  I guess I'll be looking for my garter at the end of July.  ::sigh::  I *really* didn't want to be waiting on ANYTHING 2 weeks before the wedding.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I know, I didn't want to wait for anything that close, either... but at least you know it'll be there. Mine came, and I didn't email them at all since I ordered it. *hugs*

btw, it's pretty sweet. I'll take a pic momentarily.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Here it is!

Well, okay, so it's TWO garters... because obviously we have to keep one! I don't think he'd throw it at all if he didn't have one to keep.

They're a little snug. My thigh measurement was at the higher end of what her normal sized garter fits. It stretches, and the silky material keeps it from being too uncomfy... but I'm not going to wear them until it's time to do the toss. The quality is really good, though.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards