Options

C is for Cookie!

2»

Re: C is for Cookie!

• Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I get it. It's because we don't have Girl Scouts here. We have Girl GUIDES.
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Damn those girl guides...

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can meet the cookies on the US website and their thin mint ones look exactly the same as our mint ones.

It's true, we don't count. Target coming to Canada hasn't budged their stock price at all. Evidently we are a market that isn't worth anything.
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    Well technically Target won't be here til 2013 or 2014...so maybe that's why it hasn't jumped? Too far off to speculate? (Iunno.  I do PR not finances;) )

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay guys, I think we should all pitch in and order boxes of Girl Scout cookies for the Canadians. They need to know that the reason why Samoas are shaped like an O is because...well, you finish that sentence.

Samoas by the way are caramel and coconut-covered cookies with a dark chocolate drizzle on top and a layer on the bottom.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_c-cookie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ee8b24dc-c30e-4c9a-8908-9415773d279cPost:b320a342-23ef-45ae-966c-a9ad6f34e29a">Re: C is for Cookie!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well technically Target won't be here til 2013 or 2014...so maybe that's why it hasn't jumped? Too far off to speculate? (Iunno.  I do PR not finances;) )
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

Paige, it's true. Can't jump too far ahead. Although Target can't use their name here yet either, so that could also be a reason. They don't have clear sailing into the Cdn market at the moment.  Sorry, I'm in trade stuff and this stuff catchs my eye.
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_c-cookie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ee8b24dc-c30e-4c9a-8908-9415773d279cPost:febaa218-8259-4694-93bf-e6a2e19b4830">Re: C is for Cookie!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: C is for Cookie! : Paige, it's true. Can't jump too far ahead. Although Target can't use their name here yet either, so that could also be a reason. They don't have clear sailing into the Cdn market at the moment.  Sorry, I'm in trade stuff and this stuff catchs my eye.
    Posted by Hazel_B[/QUOTE]

I was wondering why they didn't just jump on in.  Get rid of those silly Zellers...I want a Target! lol

Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Desert,
    I once ate 3 boxes of GS cookies in. one. sitting.
    It's not my Fault. Frozen Tagalongs = crack.

You poor deprived Canadians
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think they put crack in Girl Scout cookies.

I'm willing to adopt a Canadian and send a box of cookies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Leia,
    Please see my above post regarding the Girl Scout's involvement in dispensing hard drugs.

Also,  I think the Canadian adoption scheme is an excellent idea. Everyone should know the glory that is tagalongs, even if they did produce Justin Bieber.
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_c-cookie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ee8b24dc-c30e-4c9a-8908-9415773d279cPost:66ef68eb-d0ea-4c8e-9b0d-89c315e0d331">Re: C is for Cookie!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also,  I think the Canadian adoption scheme is an excellent idea. Everyone should know the glory that is tagalongs, <strong>even if they did produce Justin Bieber</strong>.
    Posted by SenoritaCupcake[/QUOTE]

I <3 Paige, Bren and Beads dearly I do, but it goes against every fiber of my being to over look the fact that they unleashed the Biebs on the unsuspecting masses.  What to do what to do....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is anyone but me addicted to Lemonades!?!?!?!? I also love Thin Mints, and Samoa's! It really is a three way tie!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_c-cookie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ee8b24dc-c30e-4c9a-8908-9415773d279cPost:4b031412-4c7e-453d-a1ef-de5863a2f8da">Re: C is for Cookie!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is anyone but me addicted to Lemonades!?!?!?!? I also love Thin Mints, and Samoa's! It really is a three way tie!
    Posted by AbigailMS[/QUOTE]

ME!!!! So that's what they're called. 
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_c-cookie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ee8b24dc-c30e-4c9a-8908-9415773d279cPost:3764bb08-853b-48ed-8ec5-495cccfa3259">Re: C is for Cookie!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: C is for Cookie! : I <3 Paige, Bren and Beads dearly I do, but it goes against every fiber of my being to over look the fact that they unleashed the Biebs on the unsuspecting masses.  What to do what to do....
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

We had to get rid of him.  You were our only hope.

Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thin mints and shortbread all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My BF's job was to pick up the GS cookies, now that he's half-way across the country I am doomed :(

I guess it's motivation for me to go scout them out myself.  I also love the nuts that GS sell....mmm...toffee chocolate covered nuts.
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_c-cookie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ee8b24dc-c30e-4c9a-8908-9415773d279cPost:512cc698-c60e-40a8-8622-9f82143b0752">Re: C is for Cookie!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: C is for Cookie! : We had to get rid of him.  <strong>You were our only hope.
    </strong>Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

Like Luke Skywalker.
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    I would trade FI for a couple boxes of Tagalongs.
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_c-cookie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ee8b24dc-c30e-4c9a-8908-9415773d279cPost:66148e05-2005-4a70-aecb-f30f7b491456">Re: C is for Cookie!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Desert, I once ate 3 boxes of GS cookies in. one. sitting. It's not my Fault. Frozen Tagalongs = crack. You poor deprived Canadians
    Posted by SenoritaCupcake[/QUOTE]

If they'd just put a reasonable amount of cookies in the box we wouldn't have to eat multiple boxes to satisfy the craving.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_c-cookie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ee8b24dc-c30e-4c9a-8908-9415773d279cPost:aff6d5c4-6dfd-4f30-b24a-4ff40762970d">Re: C is for Cookie!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: C is for Cookie! : Like Luke Skywalker.
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]
    Exactly.

Murried Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards