Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW : Last minute wedding details *PIP*

I cannot believe I am less than a week away , time has been flying by. I am so excited I can barely breathe and everyone has been absolutely amazing. Things are all coming together and everything is going to be worth it. I finished the favors last night and decided to make some placecards to make things easier for everyone. My jewelry and pomanders for the bridesmaids came in and I am super thrilled with my Etsy sellers. I just want to share with everyone for forgive me for being so rambly.

Bridesmaids Pomander

Closeup of pomander - Ivory pearl handles with ivory organza ribbon and accents

All 4 together

Wedding favors - tops filled with peppermint pearls and mixed with purple and silver M&M's

Personalized place cards. Found on stylemepretty.com for the template then personalized. I decided to add in the role of the wedding party as well for an extra touch.

My wedding jewelry. Necklace and bracelet.

Bracelet on me

Closeup of necklace

And last but not least when I finished my vows I found this epic poem to use as well as a reading in our wedding :

Love is never easy, but
It turns life into song.
There is no bit of circumstance
That love cannot transform.

There is no weary moment
Of anger or despair
That love cannot convert to grace
And render whole and fair.

How passionate the paradise
That comes from knowing well
That someone in your happiness
Finds pleasure for himself.
How sweet the gift of giving to
Someone who gives to you,
A selflessness that gives to self
More self than self is due.

With all the searing madness of
The world from day to day,
And all the dreary sadness that
No joy can take away.

There is one truth more beautiful
Than anyone can bear:
That two can trust that when they turn
They'll find the other there.

:)

Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: AW : Last minute wedding details *PIP*

• Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

How exciting! Everything looks fantastic. I love your wedding day jewelry

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwww! Tafft <3<3

Everything looks wonderful!  Your poem is super cute too;)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    That all looks awesome! I love the poem (i'm kinda of a poetry geek). You are going to have an amazing day! I can't believe you are so close!!

• Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Those pomanders are adorable. I love the little M&M bottles, too. It all looks great!
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Leia -- I especially love the poms and the favors, but everything looks great! It's coming up so fast! Very excited for you. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY! I can't believe how fast everything has gone for you... you are a CHAMP @ DIY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So excited for you...I hope my wedding comes together as seemingly easy as yours has.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY!! Everything looks great! I love the poms having pearl handles, you usually only see ribbon handles.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I love the pomanders!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How beautiful!
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at work all day so couldn't respond sorry ! Thanks everyone for the kind words. The pomanders are so epic and awesome I was on cloud 9 when they arrived , I was so worried about them looking cheap for being silk flowers but they look so perfect and the color is just what I was promised too ! Thanks for all the kind words , I will probably be around here until Thursday as I have the week off work ! I love you all thanks for everything ;)
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks good, less than a week!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everything looks great! 5 days Eeeeeek!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love it all!  You are soooo close!  Yay for having the week off for anything last minute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can;t believe I am so close , it feels like a dream! For anyone that says you need a year to plan anything - you just need to be determined , lol. And I have had so much fun along the way , I feel lucky I haven't really felt the stress hit , but I owe so much of that to you amazing ladies and my FI for all the love and support <3
  • Options
    breezerbbreezerb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everything is so well thought out and SO beautiful! You can count the days on one hand now!!!

You are a great model to show people that everything can be done exceptionally even in a shorter period of time :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

*No pony, no I do!*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Taft, everything looks beautiful! I cant wait to see pictures from your big day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Bec20Bec20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Wow, you're almost there!

I also think the pomanders are adorable.  And I honestly had no idea that they were silks, which made me confused as to how they were ready to go five days in advance haha.

• Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-last-minute-wedding-details-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f7f2a8d8-9fd1-4213-b5d4-0b1b760742a3Post:c790441a-22ee-4357-aa52-ffdf7aa59da8">Re: AW : Last minute wedding details *PIP*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, you're almost there! I also think the pomanders are adorable.  <strong>And I honestly had no idea that they were silks,</strong> which made me confused as to how they were ready to go five days in advance haha.
    Posted by Bec20[/QUOTE]

A few people I showed had no idea until I told them as well. I was VERY happy with the result , and highly recommend Showcase Bridal on etsy.com for anyone looking for an alternative to real - even if it's just a toss boquet. Thanks ladies for all the continued support and kind words , right now it means more than you could ever know <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards