New Hampshire
Options

Help - gifts for the guys!

I know there have been numerous posts about this before...FI asked me this morning what I think we should get his guys for wedding party gifts. I told him I have no idea as I've been busy doing everything else WR. However, I know FI will wait until the very last possible minute if I don't help him out. So ladies...do you have any ideas what to get a group of 30 something guys??? Ugh, why are guys so hard to shop for. Thanks!

Re: Help - gifts for the guys!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry, I meant 30 something year old guys...not a group of 30 guys - yikes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got our guys capcatchers www.capcatchers.com They're pretty cool, and were well constructed. We also then got them each their own individual gift (eg restaurant gift certificate, etc) Yes, guys are impossible.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what my FI is going to do either.  If he had it his way he wouldn't get them a gift.  He says "I'm already paying for their food and a terrific party" - haha!  Some of my ideas are a ticket to a sporting event like the Red Sox or Bruins that way they can have a guys night out, maybe a nice cigar with the typical accessories, a Cross pen, money clip, a flask, or cuff links.  Guys are so hard to shop for - I even have a hard time buying for my FI.  Hope this helps!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI is getting his GM engraved really nice, good quality pocket knifes. Some things he has gotten, from being in other peoples weddings; Tall plisner glasses with his initial engraved in it and a flask.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI once got an engraved beer mug that he liked. We gave our GM engraved flasks, and a small bottle of their favorite alcohol.  We got our junior GM Boston sports stuff (backpack, t-shirt, mug, etc.)Men are hard!  GL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think FI is getting his guys a nice bottle of scotch/ whiskey.  I think it's silly, but he can do whatever he wants....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got the guys all Fishercats tickets to go to a game together.  They also got an engraved flask & a bottle of their favorite type of liquor.  They all LOVED their gift and are psyched for the game.Friends of ours gave their guys each an engraved Leatherman which is also a great gift.DH once got a NE Pats blanket with "Team that couple's last name" on it which was pretty cool.  He has also gotten a mug with his initials engraved.  I think his favorite thus far though is the Red Sox Jersey he got with his favorite number on the back (but I'm sure this was a very $$ gift as it is a true Sox jersey).Hope these ideas help!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think the gifts DH got for our guys would really only work for our particular group, but just in case you need more ideas: 1. leather desk/bureau organizer (all different...Dh uses his everyday for wallet, keys, etc, so wanted to share the love) 2. burts bees mens travel grooming kits 3. purple kenneth cole socks and ray bans for the best man. my gifts for the girls were totally outrageous, and the guys were a little more lowkey, but they all loved them and i don't think guys have the same gift expectations as girls anyway ha!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI bought his friends personalized party beverage coolers. He is putting in a couple pilsner glasses, a bottle opener and a 6 pack of their favorite beer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards